Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE this one... seriously hurt my trust... - Helmith Segment [Reward]

CuteFoxyFox

So I have been playing Warframe constantly, all the time, farming stuff in Deimos and enjoying the update which I think came out great. But one thing you did really demotivated me and hurt my trust towards you.

The Helmith segment as a reward.

Helmith segment is the only reward you cannot choose for rank up reward and it's on rank 3. I understood your argument with "We dont want new players to get this too early" I understand it but... the fact you didnt allow the segment to be a rank-up reward is just stunning to me.

Im MR28 currently and was playing Deimos day and night farming tokens and stuff, excited to get my hands on helmith and the moment I saw I couldnt reedem it for reward really unmotivated me to... anything.

Why does it bother me that much? Because im literally punished for enjoying your update, I was 3k short of buying it after rank up, because I bought some fishing things to enjoy the update and now just after rank up I couldnt get the helmith cuz I was 3k short? This is just... sad to me. To know that you know people been playing it day after day, you know this is the system people been the most excited about and you put it on 15k cost as not reedemable reward on purpose.

MR28 has to farm 3 days straight and not buy anything to get the segment as fast as possible so you literally stop us from enjoying ANYTHING untill we are 15k on rank 3. Imagine what lower ranks has to go through, people from my clan been struggling to get to rank 2 these first days when Im easily rank 3 and still 3k short on getting the Helmith, and to know you calculated the standing just enough so most people wotn get it if you bought anything before.

(Also mentioning the segment has 24h build cost and requires resoruces from Deimos and from Vendors that you also need to buy for standing)

DE are we supposed to enjoy the updates and mechanics you prepare for us? Where people at your studio get excited to pass on these new updates and mechanics you bring into the table... just so you can perfectly calculate the standing to make people not buy anything untill you get the most anticipated thing from the whole update (propably).

=========================================================================================================================

It defenietly should be reedemable reward from rank up as MR28 has to farm 3 days constantly, not buy anything to enjoy this feature.

And it has 24h build cost, then you need to feed helmith and then you can feed one warframe per 24h. Isnt it a little bit of a overkill?

=========================================================================================================================

This one made me... really frustrated but mostly sad to know you calculated in perfectly so we cant buy anything untill we get the most anticipated segment for our ship... I was really bumped when my friend that didnt buy anything got the segment and I could just watch what he does, and why I couldnt get it? Cuz I bought a fishing spear and 2 echo lures... and Im being punished for trying to enjoy all of the update aspects.

Again to summary my point - cause I know a lot of people might say "that's just one day" or "you should've known" - It is not about I didn't know, it is not about the wait, it's the very fact that it has been done this very way on purpose, treating players in very very VERY unfair way and lieing that it's about "newer players not getting it too quick".

This one really hurt to know you would do something like this, I saw Rebecca and Megan and others being excited about the system, I understood the rank 3 requirement not to let new players get it too quick, but removing it from reedemable rewards is just a hit hurting my trust if you really want to experience stuff with us and wants us to enjoy the things you make for us. This basicly tells me "We need to make them play our game as long as we can" not "Oh they got to rank 3 and played tons of our new update, thanks for playing!"

It simply hurt and shown your intentions towards players of which Im really really unsure now, it just made me really sad to see it.

I think DE could have avoided 90% of this salt about everything even conservation and the son tokens and everything if they hadn't locked the Helminth segment behind rank 3. 

So everyone wants to rush to get it first it was the most anticipated and hyped thing about the update. And we are being super bottlenecked on it. 

If that bottlenecking wasn't there, I think a lot of people wouldn't be so upset about the syndicate requirements, and would just get them slowly over time. And DE would tone the requirements down over time as they usually do. 

Instead, we have a lot of hard feelings because DE is going to so much trouble to slow people down on the Helminth. Why not have the BP delivered to our inbox to begin with but have us just do some Deimos farming to build it? People were super hyped and then told "WOAHHHHHH!!! Hold your horses Tenno... slow down... take the wind out of yourselves and all your excitement with it we don't want you to enjoy the thing we hyped so hard anytime soon". 

Edit: It could have been a reward for the first quest instead of Xaku BP, which would have made more sense, and Xaku BP could have been part of bounty rewards instead.

And does anyone find it funny that one of the easiest to get and build frames in a while is total rubbish upon release? I really want to believe that's just coincidence. 

It would've been nice to enjoy the new Helminth toys while progressing through the early ranks of Deimos.

At least we can pay plat to skip the minigames now, that I am extremely thankful for, and the suck-it-up crowd's salt is delicious.

FWIW I'm pretty sure it would be 3 daily resets for an MR28 to get the segment whether it was available as a reward or not.

51 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

This wasn't obvious to you? Damn thing costs 15k rep, much more than anything else. Obviously you weren't gonna get it for free.

MR 20 by the way, I'll get it after today's reset, same as you, and I also made one of the new companions.

As I mentioned I knew about it and time and wait isnt the problem, its all in the summary :3

Archived