Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DEimos enemies damage

HarissonLA

unknown.png

On the picture above you can see one of Deimos enemies having damage receiving cap/limit, being unaffected by Latron's mod Double Tap (picture of 220% bonus in the corner), as seen from damage numbers, and there are more than 2 of them to count as multishot, somehow they are all the same.

Why is this okay? Why give us buckets of mods, hundreds of weapons to play with, but then add bullet sponge enemies where it doesn't matter if you shoot it with Mk1-Paris with 300 damage or Dread with 70000 damage, you'll get absolutely the same 300 damage number?

1 hour ago, shootaman777 said:

That's pretty doable. *laughs in Mesa*

*laughs in steel path*

It shouldnt take 25ish seconds to kill a single non boss/miniboss enemy, especially when you mod for their weaknesses. Skip to 1:25 for a good time to kill example. Theres also no reason i should be doing 10x less damage (400ish against the jugs vs 4kish against the enemies nearby that get caught in my line of sight while shooting the jug). hitboxes are weird too, mesa has to aim at their tentacle arms half way up the body for her 4 to actually shoot them once your reticle gets small

2 hours ago, lindenbrock said:

*laughs in steel path*

It shouldnt take 25ish seconds to kill a single non boss/miniboss enemy, especially when you mod for their weaknesses. Skip to 1:25 for a good time to kill example. Theres also no reason i should be doing 10x less damage (400ish against the jugs vs 4kish against the enemies nearby that get caught in my line of sight while shooting the jug). hitboxes are weird too, mesa has to aim at their tentacle arms half way up the body for her 4 to actually shoot them once your reticle gets small

Hmm... maybe a Shattering Impact Redeemer Prime might be the answer, then. Damage, melee scaling, lots of hits, armour stripping. Maybe Deimos meta could see the return of radial armourstripping Frost or Abating Link Trinity, if it turns out that the armour is the problem. *ponders in dusting off the Trinity + Tigris combo*

19 hours ago, shootaman777 said:

Hmm... maybe a Shattering Impact Redeemer Prime might be the answer,

Ive been using my sarpa with quickening and arcane strike on the jugs, works pretty great if you can land the shots. i generally have to stand almost inside them and spam the E key for 4 seconds or so and then they lose all their armor. Its an ok strategy, but you really shouldnt need to resort to 100% armor strip. This is literally the wolf all over again. Sure you can spend 5- 10 minutes fighting to kill the enemy, but why when magus lockdown and armor strip exist and they make the time to kill faaaar shorter

Not really sure what kind of builds you guys are running.
I hope you're running corrosive+heat or at least corrosive
I can kill a steel path jugulus in a couple seconds with melee.
The only way ive managed to oneshot the steel path jugulus outside of melee is with Ivara's concentrated arrow.
Their headshot box is a bit weird, its in like the upper middle of the right side of their face/mouth.

• 1 month later...

On 2020-08-31 at 8:49 PM, lindenbrock said:

*laughs in steel path*

It shouldnt take 25ish seconds to kill a single non boss/miniboss enemy,

With my regular non-Riven'd Gauss build, I can happily kill a Steel Path Jugulus in 3-5 seconds. Join a public Steel Path game with a bunch of MR26+'s - Many players are dropping them in a couple seconds. Maybe you can ask one of them for their builds :)

Here is a screenshot from a 5 second Steel Path Jugulus Kill. Solo, no Riven, regular Gameplay. I can upload a full video with a build if you want?

xbYPI4h.png

It's worth remembering that weapons aren't your only tool. I've been enjoying Nyx on Steel Path as she really comes into her own there. Her 2 is usually meaningless in the face of our normal absurd damage. On Steel Path? Nyx becomes a murder-blender. When built for it, she's tough, fast, and has a great deal of utility.

I don't like bullet sponging from a fun player experience perspective, but more obscure frames getting a chance to shine is a decent silver lining.

Archived