Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self-Stagger makes guns like Sonicor feel bad to use

IceFire909

I'm honestly surprised self-stagger is still in Warframe. It's a game about quickly murdering your way through hordes of enemies, and yet you still punish us for going fast because we like explosive weapons. What's the point of having explosives in a power fantasy if they're going to poop all over your power fantasy?

Sonicor used to be a favourite weapon of mine. Gliding through hordes and launching them, it was like being a kinetic bomber. But self-stagger makes it bad to use, and in a game about all kinds of guns, guns should be fun to use. It has a short distance before detonating, but due to its slow speed you can very easily travel this distance in a bullet jump.

Please just make explosives fun to use again. At the very least give us a toggle in the options menu, one that lets us disable self-stagger in exchange for self-damage.
I don't care if I obliterate myself with Zarr or Lenz. It's part of the fun for me, it adds to the thrill of high speed Grineer slaughter.

For the most part I think stagger on AoE weapons is too easy to ignore as implemented.  However, the Sonicor is uniquely unsuited to  the mechanic by virtue of being a low range, low projectile speed, low MR, low damage utility weapon.  Its role is accessible, short range, radial CC--which is such a marginal niche for a weapon in this game--but at times it feels nearly as good at CCing the user as it does CCing enemies.

Self-stagger makes everything bad. Quite a few weapons were self-safe like the Zakti due to having high recoil and crap accuracy - they were meant to gas things in the face when they are in your face. They're no more accurate than they were before to compensate, merely a whole lot less damaging to a majority of their AoE.

23 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

It gets worse in that the Sonicor never hurt you even when self-damage was a thing. Same for the opticor and ferrox. All of them now stagger you when shot in close proximity when they did absolutely nothing to you before.

Unclear if oversight when DE blanket coded away self Damage.

or Intentional Nerf to all AoE, hidden behind the touted benefits of no self damage.    the old Carrot and (hidden) Stick.

Archived