Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth's system Master's companion

ChaoticEdge

Well we know the system but there is 1 ability I found the most useless in the Helminth's system.  The Companion summoning...  You know we thought it will revived the dead of companion and all that, but it turns out it only works on actual living companion and not sentinel companion for it doesn't heal the sentinel and does not bring them back from the dead... (  -.-)

the reason why I as just said it is useless is because I have to study it about it quick and quick study about the ability, it is a laughter and pointless but only useful when if a companion is down for you can use this ability while they are down and you need to heal them just press it 1 time the button.  That is it, it is huge chunk waste space and energy, it does not WORK if companion is actually dead for they don't rise from the dead they just lay there dead.  GG I wasted resources for nothing so don't get your hope for that ability that you'll think it will be useful but it is not.

It's not worth the ability slot at all. Non-Sentinels always teleport to you after a while of getting stuck on geometry, they even teleport next to you while bleeding out. Companion health (bar Link Health on Inaros) really isn't worth a damn, their Shields and the Shield Gating is where it's at (Rebuild Shields doesn't work on pets either, why?)

Now if you add a revive on cast with a cooldown of, say, 2 minutes, I might consider running Master's Summons for highly niche builds with non-Djinn sentinels.

1 minute ago, Hokibukisa said:

Cooldown? If it takes an ability slot it should have no cooldown.

Saw the one that restores shields and has a cooldown. Lol. Yeah no.

The funny thing is there is no cool down pressing the Master's Companion. pretty much you can spam this and spam it far the funny thing is you can teleport your companion into the floor if you get the angle right or spawn them in the wall or some sort.  I can spawn it pretty far with Nekros because he is focus on super farming and never meant engagement.

9 minutes ago, Aazhyd said:

You didn't waste resources for nothing. You got useful information.

This is all about trial and error. I put Dispensory on a low duration Khora and found out it didnt give 1 single item. That was funny.

Indeed. And if someone is not willing to make the sacrifice to learn the full capabilities of the Helminth skills on their own, they can always wait for others to do so and read all about it.

Aside: I hope you learned you were better off testing most subsumable skills before subsuming them. Dispensary has a static initial drop interval of 3 seconds, and a static drop replenishment cooldown of 5 seconds for each pickup type. Dumping Protea's duration would've achieved the same results, even if the subsumed version has a lower base duration. 😜

I did some testing with Helminth and truth be told, Master's Summons is my favourite and most used ability.

I love taking my Kubrow with me, but it dies quickly and I have to melee to heal it. Both limit me and annoy me because reviving takes time and I'm not a fan of melee. Sometimes, I get into a situation where I can't revive my Kubrow, for example when it falls through the ground.

Master's Summons solves that for me and allows me to replace Pack Leader with something else. For me, this ability is an absolute win until DE raises their lazy, incompetent butts and finally updates pets into a less annoying form.

Archived