Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Siphon Is Currently Unhealthy

Replacement

This whole topic is a joke, srsly...

I do not want to flame you or anything like that, but this is so much not well thought bullS#&$...

Rhino is the fastest. Rhino Charge + Rush/Vanguard helmet. GG nobody is outrunning that.

Trinity isn't the fastest but she's invulnerable 100% of the time. Same thing with Rhino.

They CAN'T die. If that doesn't make them godtier nothing will.

Not to mention that Rhinos Stomp with a "stretch" and a "fokus" mod is one of the strongest AOE abilities in the game with probably the highest range and Dmg. ;D

Rhino is by far the most powerful Frame i played with and whenever i have to play a highlvl mission i will pick him, especially if i solo it.

Then Im crazy for using Regeneration and Rifle Amp on some of my builds? :(

Rifle Amp is by far the strongest aura in the game, even if you play solo its dmg boost is insane.

If you play highlvl content its your best choice especially if you play with a armor ignore weapon like the flux rifle.

My solution would look like this:

Auras stop stacking, so players will benefit from having different auras equipped.

Their power may need adjustment with this and the equipped aura needs to show up in the mission lobbies, but it would solve the problem of energy siphon being the only used aura.

The stacking did become nonsensical. It was far more balanced when the mod cards were just cards that only one person per team would select in the pre-mission screen.

there is a Excalibur that can use his Radial Javilen for only 10 energy all he needs is streamline

you know efficieny caps to 75% right? he's lying to you. Radial Javelin will still cost 25E, no matter what. the 90% Efficiency is only hypothetical. the game has limits built in.

my apologies for replying to an off topic post and further going off topic.

Sorry to say, but Energy Siphon is merely a building block and not at all required.  You put enough building blocks together and you have an uber setup.

I.E.: Nova: Focus + Flow + Streamline + Stretch + Energy Siphon = lots of win

No different than Flux Rifle: Serration + Shred + Split Chamber + Cryo Rounds + Wildfire = lots of win

No one mod completely changes the game.  Combinations of mods do.  As you progress in Warframe, you will obtain the mods and find different combinations that have synergy.  Don't think you absolutely can't do well without <uber leet mod> or <uber leet weapon> or <uber leet frame>.  Find what you enjoy and make it work for your playstyle.

Some people enjoy the hell out of Rhino with an Ignis.  Others can't play it to save their lives.  Some people prefer Ash with a Dread.  Others would rather cut off their thumbs than play that.

Explore the game, figure out what fits you, see what others have done and then work toward YOUR perfect build.  Whether or not Energy Siphon works for you is dependent on your playstyle.  Talk with your clan.  Work out which auras you need and figure out who needs what.  Every aura is an asset.  Whether or not it's a useful asset is up to you.

Yeah except Rhino is the most powerful caster in the game.

He's the strongest, fastest, smartest, biggest Warframe. Him and Trinity are disproportionately more powerful than everybody else. Which I love because I main them.

Okay, I don't want a nerf, but I agree.  Rhino is a VERY strong caster who benefits from energy mods.  Roaring with Iron Skin on, then immediately using a buffed, armor-ignoring stomp to throw everything in the air, then Nuking it down with a Roar-Buffed Soma is very very strong.  Even if something didn't get stomped and it's firing at you, it'll have to get through Iron Skin.

And that's if a Trinity didn't make you invulnerable.  Add the Banshee Sonar and If those Enemies are Molecular Primed and you can see why some frames and frame combinations are seen as "God Tier" (or whatnot) and why some frames just aren't used much at endgame.

That said, I agree with the original poster that making other ways to get back energy other than Energy Siphon would be good.  Energy Siphon is my preferred mod on most of my Frames, even the ones that have a polarity slot it doesn't fit.

I've always thought that 0.5 energy regen should be built into the game. Without regen the warframe abilities become so precious that you barely ever use them and it turns into a fairly standard TPS. If the game is already balanced around the assumption that people have Energy Siphon, why not make it so we start off with a little bit of energy regen (that doesn't stack with your teammate's inbuilt regen obviously).

I concur with this.  It makes no sense (from either a lore or gameplay standpoint) that Tenno have to rely on an outside source in order to actually use their abilities.  It also strengthens the role of RNG in combat, which is never a good idea. 

For that matter, warframes should probably also recover around 0.3 health every second as well.  This will make health tanking slightly less suicidal, while not reducing Trinity's role.  As it is now, shield mods are almost always better than health mods. 

That said, I agree with the original poster that making other ways to get back energy other than Energy Siphon would be good.  Energy Siphon is my preferred mod on most of my Frames, even the ones that have a polarity slot it doesn't fit.

Just try a normal maxed Flow mod. It results in the same thing.

I only put on ES on frames i am constantly casting abilities with like Vauban where i keep launching Tesla, Loki where i keep casting Decoy, and Volt where i keep putting down shields. The rest get Rejuv, Rifle Amp, and whatever else i feel like using. I havent use the weapon switch one yet because it offer a small amount of capacity but i'll forma some one for that mod soon.

How to alleviate some of these issues (not my preferred way of fixing it all, but it goes halfway there):

* Make ALL Warframes regenerate Energy from the very start. Maybe at a rate of 0.5 with plus/minus 0.1 depending on the Warframe, at the Warframe's max level (Less regen at lower levels)

* Make Auras UNABLE TO STACK. This requires buffing/changing some other Auras (Energy Siphon can be left as it is), and fixing the Aura interface in lobbies so you can quickly change what Aura to use (since they don't stack, you would like to have different Auras for the different teammates)

* This causes another problem with Auras that needs a change (due to the possible need of swapping Auras more often in squads): They should simply NOT have polarities! As simple as that. That would make it far easier to switch between auras than now (They would all give a max of 7 points, instead of varying from 5 - 14...)

* Oh and unrelated, Speed Holster should be a regular Warframe mod, not an Aura (imo)

I think that could fix some of the more immediate issues, but not all of them. I tend to get overly wordy with my posts, so all I will say is, read my topics for more suggestions...

For my loadouts, siphon is only necessary on the most dedicated caster-type frames (Banshee, Frost, Loki, Mag, Nova, Vauban). For my other frames, the way I use them, they have other Auras. While siphon is definitely nice, I find that other auras fit better into the "spirit" of the frame's style, such as Steel Charge for Ash, Infested Impedance for Ember, Corrosive Projection for Saryn, Shield disruption for Volt, etc.

For my loadouts, siphon is only necessary on the most dedicated caster-type frames (Banshee, Frost, Loki, Mag, Nova, Vauban). For my other frames, the way I use them, they have other Auras. While siphon is definitely nice, I find that other auras fit better into the "spirit" of the frame's style, such as Steel Charge for Ash, Infested Impedance for Ember, Corrosive Projection for Saryn, Shield disruption for Volt, etc.

You forgot to mention the best caster in the game.

Rhino.

I find that other auras fit better into the "spirit" of the frame's style, such as Steel Charge for Ash, Infested Impedance for Ember, Corrosive Projection for Saryn, Shield disruption for Volt, etc.

using certain cards on frames to fit a 'theme' has no correlation as to how 'effective' or 'good' they may be. 

(and the fact that such a highly opinionated thing isn't even the point of the thread).

I concur with this.  It makes no sense (from either a lore or gameplay standpoint) that Tenno have to rely on an outside source in order to actually use their abilities.  It also strengthens the role of RNG in combat, which is never a good idea. 

For that matter, warframes should probably also recover around 0.3 health every second as well.  This will make health tanking slightly less suicidal, while not reducing Trinity's role.  As it is now, shield mods are almost always better than health mods. 

this does make some sense. Tenno basically spending all of their time hunting for objects the Grineer, Infested, and Corpus apparently have a lot of, but Tenno have none of. which certainly seems odd, that these Warframes were created as storage crate binges, instead of War machines capable of surviving without constant trucking of resources.

though i might think that the health recovery would be 0.2/s instead. to make a perfect 1.0 with the Rejuvination. 

which also meaning 0.4E/s to make a perfect 1.0 with Energy Siphon.

though i admit, 1.0 of each could possibly be a tiny bit high - but! if Auras did not stack once again, it would be much more fair for everyone, i think.

Edited by taiiat

@hackshield: you obviously don't play like a caster. the game you describe sounds boring. Luckily, I don't play that game -- streamline and energy siphon make sure of that.

it isnt that boring you know it takes some interristing stay there with my saryn nova or ember press 4 wait  run jump press 4 how boring is that O.o

thats sounds your play style base on wasd and 4 or the mouse wheel -...

aiming try to solve ahrd situion with out engery spam and take may cover thats how i love it but only waiting in line to press my finisher hu-ficking-rray what fabouless life i got there scratch my balls and press a bottum 

Rhino the best caster? Barely.

On high level,  mob waving is destroyed and RS interval takes it's pie. I saw a lot of rhinos coming to their death. 

They failing at interval first.

They spam Iron Skin to surviave at second.

And then Rhino can't Rhino.

And then he lies on the floor, giving you problems since you are sitting on pod|forgot your ghost in other pair of pants.

Also, rotten way of protection when you are number one priority (Iron Skin gives you a 5 alert level, which is maximal).

• 3 weeks later...

I agree about Energy Siphon makes everything else looks like garbage,because is true,but energy just become abundant based on game style,equiped mods team setup and stage level.

At low lvls for 1-60 is really easy to keep your frame no matter your build with full energy,past that is another story.

For now im simply waitting for the new armor/dmg system.

Untill there any change to the core mechanics(and energy and how you use/gain/save "IS" some of the core "Core" mechanics)will not fit well when armor/dmg 2.0 be released.

Edited by Raijinmeister