Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist Or Acrid?

AnonCat

I have both and to be brutally honest potato/forma your Acrid because it is undoubtedly one of the best weapons in the game damage wise, until they change Embolist it isn't worth the resources used to craft it because you have to get up close and personal with whatever you are hitting and that's what you have a melee weapon for.

Range of Embolist: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595890678232238303/DCA11F19046868F25B859E5A6CE4B5B06449194B/

THIS ISN'T A MELEE WEAPON PEOPLE, THE LONGEST MELEE DOESN'T EVEN REACH A THIRD OF EMBOLIST'S RANGE.

I'm tired of people dismissing the range of the Embolist all the time like that. 

If you're too far from the enemy, use your Zorencopter or ninja-moves to get there.

As for the question of the OP: I prefer the Embolist because it's auto. Yes, the DPS of the Acrid is crazy, but I don't like clicking as fast as possible when facing level 1XX mooks. In addition to that, the DPS can be limited by frame-lock.

The Embolist however has great AOE damage, and if you position right, you can kill a group of mook easily. The only mooks that really trouble me is level 100-and beyond heavies/ancients and scorchers. While they are definitely a danger, it is very possible to take them down using the Embolist. FYI, it's possible to hit heavy Grineers from outside their pound AOE, but I recommend NOT trying to outgun a heavy that isn't CC'ed in some form or another. 

Edited by Kinperor

Embolist feels a bit weak when you first try it, but that is because it is a continous fire weapon, compared to most other weapons. It is the same with the flux rifle, also feels slightly weak unmodded because you cannot see chunks of the HP-bar disappearing.

As for ammo efficiency, try using it with a Vauban and Vortex, it is awesome. Mag Pull also works nicely, but not that great vs infested because of poison ancients.

Go with the Acrid, with seeker on it, it's capable to tearing up crowds better than the Embolist can in its current state.

Embolist unfortunately suffers from extremely limited range and kinda weak damage output for the requirements, although if you have the leftover materials I'd say go for it.

Acrid for long range Embo for short range.

Embo with puncture and freeze on it can take care of large groups with extremely ease.

And the range isnt that short, it just suffers the same problem as the Ignis where the flame/gas end up covering up the view so you cant really see where you are hitting so people get closer.

So it got buffed already?

No. It works like the Ignis, except it's toxic instead of fire and has much lower range.

I don't understand why people say it has low damage, though. Its base damage magnitude seems to be identical to the Ignis.

Acrid for long range Embo for short range.

Embo with puncture and freeze on it can take care of large groups with extremely ease.

And the range isnt that short, it just suffers the same problem as the Ignis where the flame/gas end up covering up the view so you cant really see where you are hitting so people get closer.

Pffft, Synapse for long range, Embolist for medium range and Dual Ichor for face-range. 

Range of Embolist: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595890678232238303/DCA11F19046868F25B859E5A6CE4B5B06449194B/

THIS ISN'T A MELEE WEAPON PEOPLE, THE LONGEST MELEE DOESN'T EVEN REACH A THIRD OF EMBOLIST'S RANGE.

I'm tired of people dismissing the range of the Embolist all the time like that. 

If you're too far from the enemy, use your Zorencopter or ninja-moves to get there.

As for the question of the OP: I prefer the Embolist because it's auto. Yes, the DPS of the Acrid is crazy, but I don't like clicking as fast as possible when facing level 1XX mooks. In addition to that, the DPS can be limited by frame-lock.

The Embolist however has great AOE damage, and if you position right, you can kill a group of mook easily. The only mooks that really trouble me is level 100-and beyond heavies/ancients and scorchers. While they are definitely a danger, it is very possible to take them down using the Embolist. FYI, it's possible to hit heavy Grineers from outside their pound AOE, but I recommend NOT trying to outgun a heavy that isn't CC'ed in some form or another. 

The Glaive when thrown has longer range when thrown, same with Kestrel. Still even if it has a workable range, I still think it should be increased at least a little.