Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Live: Soma Mastery Rank Change 3 To 6.

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

The Soma and its role in the scope of weapon options has undergone much discussion.

The team had mentioned that they would consider changing the Mastery Rank given the power of the weapon.

As of the next Update (likely tomorrow), the Mastery Rank Level required to use the Soma is increasing from 3 to 6.

The debate included consideration on changing the weapon stats or increasing it's Mastery Rank but maintaining it's stats, we opted for Mastery increase.

Please note: If you already own the Soma, you will still be able to equip it.

We will monitor feedback on this and reports if anyone has issues using their Soma post-change.

will the supra get buffed since the soma aint being changed?  or will armor/damage 2.0 fix that

Also please make the Soma a clan tech weapon.

Edited by YouHaveShamedYoFamory

Rank 6 is a bit low for a weapon that outdoes every Rifle to ever exist in this game.

I think Heavy Caliber let non-crit weapons close the gap quite a bit. It's difficult to fit a proper build on Soma with HC included without giving up something major. All that damage without Shred is a waste, and you can't maintain it over a long Defense or Survival mission without ammo mutation.

Given that weapons like the Flux Rifle don't have any issue fitting HC, the Soma stands out much less.

I think Heavy Caliber let non-crit weapons close the gap quite a bit. It's difficult to fit a proper build on Soma with HC included without giving up something major. All that damage without Shred is a waste, and you can't maintain it over a long Defense or Survival mission without ammo mutation.

Given that weapons like the Flux Rifle don't have any issue fitting HC, the Soma stands out much less.

You're most likely right.

Still doesn't help that people overrate it, myself included and that everyone uses it.

I sold mine because I got sick of it honestly.

I think too many people care about DPS and not the overall effectiveness in a weapon...even though Soma has everything covered.

I kind of feel that it is too general. Too omnipotent.

Wonder if that means I should get a Synapse.

Edited by Anarties

You can't go wrong with the flux or the synapse. Both seem to me to be more effective weapons than the Soma.

The Ignis is also a lot of fun. The continuous rifles offer a lot of benefits for their reduced range, mainly in their ability to deal with crowds with high ammo efficiency.

ONLY 6? ok, alright, it's better than 3, but still a tad low if you ask me, i'd say 8 or 9.

also, what's gonna be done about people who's under rank 6 and have the Soma?

They will still be able to equip it. Didn't you read?

And yes 6 is fine. 7 would still be fine. 9 would be too much imo.

Supra being rank 7 - over priced crap.

Soma rank 6 - overkill.

Don't DE see that there is something wrong with it?

Boost it to rank 8-10, 7 is not fine since it level of useless Supra. Or buff other weapons that have rank 7+.

PS. DE, found this thread just by luck, I don't usually look in any other forum other than "News & Information", please post at least a link in there for threads like this.

Soma needs to be rank 9 or higher because it out classes every other rifle by that much. Also to be honest it needs to be not equip-able unless you're rank 9 as well.

Turvxwg.jpg

Q1MWf6u.jpg

I mean seriously no other rifle can come close to getting those damage numbers and I've tried.

That is the max potential of the soma and not even supra or synapse (w/o volt shield) can come close.

I think that maybe rank 7 should be fine for the Soma. Rank 6 is a bit kind since you start of with 2 Damage polarities, making it easier to forma up 1-2 more damage and 1-2 tatics polarities. The mastery up rank is a lot better than nerfing it because of how armor ratings are against a gun with already low base damage that has to be applied, which kills the gun down closer to supra levels, honestly. Any other changes will break the gun. 

Maybe taking off one polarity on the Soma and an improvement to the Supra wouldn't kill me. The forma blueprints and formas are worth hunting down to do re-levelingfor the Soma, so I wont be all QQ about that.

I switched to the Braton Prime just because I never see people using it. I see at least 2/4 players in a session using the Soma.

I know that feeling, I have been plugging forma into my Braton Brime to have a good 4th weapon to go with my Supra, Soma, and Flux as of last Monday. 10/21

Now it's time to fix Gorgon and allow people to get it again as there is nothing particularly better than Braton (most are side-grades or worse) from start to mastery 6.

Inclined to agree but they may that its still in the game since I got one this morning via log-in rewards. Good thing I got it too! I still wanna try it out but missed getting blueprints before the retiring.

will the supra get buffed...?

Also please make the Soma a clan tech weapon.

I wouldn't mind these ideas.  :)

Give up your Hammer Shot mod(if your 5 main mods are Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, and Hammer Shot) for a 6-from-the-top Heavy Caliber mod for a slightly better trade off( as far as stat/dps goes) but if you're a fan of power with some tolerable accuracy loss like me, don't go higher than 4-from-the-top. So either your target will dance off your aim often from stun or you have a slightly shakier hand.

After that, the remaining 3 mods can be for whatever you please. Some suggestion can be... :

H.fire/W.fire/ap for infested

H.fire/W.fire/Shred for infested

cold/ap/lightning for corpus

cold/lightning/Shred or ap/lightning/Shred for corpus

fire/ap/lightning for grineer

As for grineer and applying a Shred to a HC mixed soma build... I'll leave the 2 element choices up to you and refer the wiki charts to see how your choices work with grineers  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Damage_Type_Multipliers

Supra being rank 7 - over priced crap.

Soma rank 6 - overkill.

Don't DE see that there is something wrong with it?

Boost it to rank 8-10, 7 is not fine since it level of useless Supra. Or buff other weapons that have rank 7+.

PS. DE, found this thread just by luck, I don't usually look in any other forum other than "News & Information", please post at least a link in there for threads like this.

So mean to the supra XD I still use mine in t3 defenses at times. gotta love a bullet multiplier boost from a headshot using burst fire, but i do hope an improvement shine of light hits my baby supra. It replaced my Dread.

Soma needs to be rank 9 or higher because it out classes every other rifle by that much. Also to be honest it needs to be not equip-able unless you're rank 9 as well.

Turvxwg.jpg

Q1MWf6u.jpg

I mean seriously no other rifle can come close to getting those damage numbers and I've tried.

That is the max potential of the soma and not even supra or synapse (w/o volt shield) can come close.

This is debatable but needs more back-up info to make a strong statment:

no given example/definition of "max potential" is given if possible to be made

no data/pics of the soma/supra/synapse damages and builds used in testing are present.

enemies shown are of different factions with different weakness and weak spot multipliers

I'm not cutting you at the back of the knees and go in for the neck here, but just being an always skeptical of numbers given.

As for saying it should be rank 9, 6-8(at worst and harsh) is fine, other wise the gun would have to be pretty much faultless or have less faults than now, so it can't have a low initial base damage, personally, to call for a rank 7/8/9 bump up. It's low base damage and bullet type makes it a slave to armor with a wind up and that says to me rank 7 can work. Plus, Armor/Damage 2.0 will alter how the game will go, so any other tweaks to weapon behaviors prior will be wasted effort.