Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Live: Soma Mastery Rank Change 3 To 6.

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

The Soma and its role in the scope of weapon options has undergone much discussion.

The team had mentioned that they would consider changing the Mastery Rank given the power of the weapon.

As of the next Update (likely tomorrow), the Mastery Rank Level required to use the Soma is increasing from 3 to 6.

The debate included consideration on changing the weapon stats or increasing it's Mastery Rank but maintaining it's stats, we opted for Mastery increase.

Please note: If you already own the Soma, you will still be able to equip it.

We will monitor feedback on this and reports if anyone has issues using their Soma post-change.

A much needed change in my opinion. I think having it's mastery changed is better than having it's damage reduced.

After some thought, it might be better to bump it up to Mastery 7 or 8, considering it comes with 2 V polarity slots which are perfect for critical damage/chance and regular damage (Serration and Heavy Caliber). I'd suggest removing a polarity, but players might go nuts over that.

Edited by Haldos

If you have it before the change, but your Mastery Level is below 6, can you still use it?

Yes, that was the gist of the announcement. If you have a Soma in your inventory before this update goes live, you'll still be able to use it freely. Buying/Crafting it after the update though, that's a no-go.

I will take this then as a sign that Mastery 6 weapons are indeed supposed to be superior to weapons of lower masteries, and that the designed intention is for us to "abandon" lower mastery weapons for higher mastery weapons. 

I wonder what that means for Armor/Damage 2.0? 

Edited by Acos

I will take this then as a sign that Mastery 6 weapons are indeed supposed to be superior to weapons of lower masteries, and that the designed intention is for us to "abandon" lower mastery weapons for higher mastery weapons. 

That would be my guess. Not a huge fan of it, but that's the direction DE has more than hinted they're going with.

perfect? no, but better than:

"we will arbitrarily create weapons which far outclass anything else in game, and put them in the credit marketplace so that nearly every player in game uses them".

So it's a step in the right direction.