Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transformative Melee Weapons

RikuGx

While chatting i had that short spur of the Moment idea.

For those that arent Familiar with it, there is a "Anime" of some sort called RWBY

No, i dont want to suggest more Gunblade Style weapons aka Rubys Sniper Scythe

More akin to Qrows Sword.

We recently got a Claw weapon on Deimos that has a Transformative component. Meaning if you got maximum stack and use the heavy attack you get to KEEP the extra range

So its not an Impossible Suggestion to go even further

Like from the example of Qrows Sword its a Sword that can transform into a Scythe.

So its not just additional Range, it could also have a different focus on the Slash Procs while the sword is a focus on Puncture.  Same Stance but different combos after the transformation. So its not just for show but also useful with the shift of procs and range

its just a Silly idea i had and it could be done with a lot of other weapon types too. 
I just would love to see some more Scythe weapons that actually matter, haha. 

Like the Kasza, its a massive waste of an archwing weapon. Shorten the Staff part and it would be a usual warframe sized scythe weapon. You can have the giant Sword-thing in 0 gravity but the actual cool weapon you could make has a blade shorter then an arm. Thats just sad. Its a design failure xD

Yes, Scythe Weapons arent really viable if you think about it, theyd be massivly impractical to actually use. But come on, were in space, make it happen!

Edit: 

Ah yeah i forgot to mention. This whole Mechanic could Revive the "Dual Split Sword" also because lets  be honest at first glance you thought "Nice i can use it as a ddual blade or as the combined at the same time" only for it to be tied  to the stance to be one OR the other. 

With that transformative thing it could change its combat style freely using a heavy attack at any time (like some weapons having a special thing with their heavy hit > Zenistar)

And it WOULD need its own stance for that OR have 2 Stance slots, each not beeing able to forma and not giving double mod points (so you have the same 10 extra points without any other benefit except for the different stance and combos)

That's a great idea. I'm a fan of Dark Split-Sword's mechanics and I hope to see more weapons like that in the future with the improvements you mention. It wold be really cool to see it implemented, although when I read the title, instead of thinking about rwby, Ryuko's sword from Kill la Kill came to my mind.

52 minutes ago, JoJoshuee_DesK said:

That's a great idea. I'm a fan of Dark Split-Sword's mechanics and I hope to see more weapons like that in the future with the improvements you mention. It wold be really cool to see it implemented, although when I read the title, instead of thinking about rwby, Ryuko's sword from Kill la Kill came to my mind.

Well since ive never seen it but ive seen rwby it is what i thought of

but as long as the idea comes across xD

But i guess its not that intresting an idea =P

Well we do have spear guns so why not make that a feature?

Like with Garuda >

If you NOT have a Melee Weapon Equipped you can use "Alt-fire" to instead of throwing using it as a spear/Polearm weapon with its own unique stance and the rifle mods in terms of damage. 

OR when not having any other Melee Equipped you get this weapon in the melee slot and can Mod it Seperatly so you dont even have to Alt-fire but instead switch instantly to melee while wielding it, alt fire still beeing able to throw it and switch to secondary instead (Making you UNARMED if you dont have a secondary equipped since you literally threw your melee weapon away)

Yes, that would make it 2 weapons in one in terms of Formaing/potatoing. "kinda op" but it could be locked behind excessive farming or whatever

Isnt exactly "Transformative" but still a very legit and intresting idea id like to try!

On 2020-09-17 at 2:23 PM, RikuGx said:

No, i dont want to suggest more Gunblade Style weapons aka Rubys Sniper Scythe

😞

Many weapons from this series would be "interesting" to use.

This needs it's own polarities because both version should be different.
Second, it should be easily changeable. Change-on-heavy-attack would be nice... but binding it into gear would "less fun". I bet melees can count various things like slide hit, lifted enemies etc. So why not build upon it. For example let us change it to "better mode" after gaining X thing (e.g. 10 slides) you can change to a weapon with 100%+ damage, 50% speed).

On 2020-09-27 at 6:38 PM, quxier said:

😞

Many weapons from this series would be "interesting" to use.

This needs it's own polarities because both version should be different.
Second, it should be easily changeable. Change-on-heavy-attack would be nice... but binding it into gear would "less fun". I bet melees can count various things like slide hit, lifted enemies etc. So why not build upon it. For example let us change it to "better mode" after gaining X thing (e.g. 10 slides) you can change to a weapon with 100%+ damage, 50% speed).

Agree absolutly, there is a LOT that can be done and that claw weapon opened the floodgate for the possibilities xD

On 2020-09-30 at 3:31 PM, Raso719 said:

Dark Split Sword should be able to switch between single and dual sword by some kinda method.... maybe hold the melee attack button (throw glaive style).

Thats pretty much what i initially meant. Using some metric or button to switch between these 2 styles

Archived