The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you for the great family game.

Corvahn

I wanted to post a comment to let you know how much fun my family is having playing your game.  What makes your game a great family game:

1) There is great rewarding content for small groups of varying sizes.  Sometimes all 4 of us can play.  Sometimes just 2 of us.  Whatever the group size is it is fun and rewarding.

2) There are great catch up mechanics.  My daughter is very busy with school right now but really enjoys playing when she can.  My son and I get to play the most but we are able to help her catch up.  We are also able to play with warframes and weapons that don't overpower the content she is doing when we play with her.   This helps with the catch up because she doesn't feel underpowered compared to us when we play together.

3) Different play styles are supported.  For instance my son is really good at the FPS mechanics but my wife does better with a frame like Ember that can do damage with warframe skills.

4) The Dojo systems is great.  We have begun creating a family dojo.  There is something interesting in it for everybody.  I enjoy the researching and building the rooms.  My son really enjoys decorating.  My daughter has claimed a garden as her "Zen" place.  My wife enjoys helping out when she can.

5) There is different content types in the game.  Lately my son and I have really enjoyed the open world content because I can do bounties while he hunts.  He enjoys doing the hunts as a "break" from the FPS gameplay.  When we do this I will complete a bounty stage and then fly to where he is so we both can get credit for the hunt.  We cooperatively get the benefits of both play styles by working together this way.  I think this is very unique for a game to offer.

6) The grind is not oppressive.  One thing I have been really impressed with about this game is that the grind is well balanced.  Compared to other games that we have played as a family this game's RNG elements and grinds are far less oppressive.   Everything from obtaining blueprints to gaining standing with syndicates seems to appreciate that our family has real life demands.  

7) Ultimately the game provides a common ground that fosters communication.  I see in my job that families often stop communicating because it can be difficult to find common ground due to generational gaps and the lack of shared experiences.  Our family enjoys going on vacation time road trips.  These adventures help bring us together as a family.  In a similar way I think gaming can provide ongoing shared adventures and cooperation that can bring families together.  These days you can often find us sitting around the dinner table talking about Warframe.  These conversations help to open communication about other things that are going on in each other's lives.  

I don't know how common our family experience is for your game or if you considered our type of player base when making your game.  However, I wanted to let your development team know that your game has had a positive impact on our family.

Lastly, I would like to make one request.  We would find it helpful to have "teleport to team member" option.  It would be helpful if one of our team members gets lost and falls behind on a mission to be able to teleport to the rest of us.  If this was an option in missions and in open worlds it would be amazing.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Corvahn said:

Lastly, I would like to make one request.  We would find it helpful to have "teleport to team member" option.  It would be helpful if one of our team members gets lost and falls behind on a mission to be able to teleport to the rest of us.  If this was an option in missions and in open worlds it would be amazing.

When I started playing my two sons would have to decide which one would come back and lead me to the extraction point. It even became "a thing", with their friends getting in to it as well. 🙂

When doing void fissure captures (which was the best "hot relic" farm at one point) I would do my best to only run straight through, first for the objective and then for the extraction. I would inevitably arrive last anyway, finding two or three teens waiting in different kinds of dissing "poses". 🙂

Since then things have changed, but in honor of my struggling start I whole-heartedly support the idea of a "teleport to friend/squad mate"-function, in one form or another.

55 minutes ago, Corvahn said:

Lastly, I would like to make one request.  We would find it helpful to have "teleport to team member" option.

It exists, but only in Railjack missions after a huge amount of progression. It would be useful to translate that functionality (along with the rest of the Tac Map) to the rest of the game.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

This feels like a satire post or a post from the perspective of a VERY optimistic new player 

I have playing warframe for a bit over a year and half. I will assume you like the game Play, otherwise you would not be posting in the forums. I have many issues with DE, including:

Releasing incomplete content.

Not updating warframe skills and balance.

Takes a long time to update content.

Mobs and damage balance is wacky.

Game sometimes is unnecessarily grindy and not in a fun way, or even in a way for DE to make money.

Trying to force content players hate down the player throat.

Compare that with the what works:

Multiple content releases, including an entire game mode. This is extremely significant.

Upgrades to graphics.

Upgrades to UI and systems.

Strong communication between devs and players. Even if you do not think it is great, I cannot think of a single game dev team who communicate as frequently and provide as much info.

Have to mention this, extremely fun game play.

And of course this is all free, unless you want to pay.

Sure, DE devs can be sometimes tone deaf, and releasing Incomplete content is not good. But when you considering the amount of content release, updates and the frequency, I can only view the game in positive light. 

Feels like after 6 years of playing this i disagree with most everything you said there. The game punishes you for playing solo or in smaller groups as you get less enemy spawns, and if someone runs off you get spread out spawns were one person could be getting nothing and no affinity for the ones killed in another room. The grind is insane. You'd think after 6 years id have everything but since i play a little casually i just miss so much content without focused grinding for specific things. And youre forced to for that imaginary "mastery rank" prestige everythings getting tied to lately. The "catchup mechanics" ive seen in my time here have entirely been "heres a real easy way to farm for something, now the event is over that people spent days grinding out" baro and invasion missions are prime examples of easy grinds given for reward items from previous events. As for communication.. In this game its entirely not necessary beyond a gg at the end of missions. When you get far enough in essentially you can solo anything so teammates just make it easier. No talking needed and theres not many places at all to need it

Archived