Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

[DE]Rebecca

Guys, I have some questions.. Would love it if anyone could answer them. Or failing that, if you guys feel that the questions should get more attention, please upvote them.

When it says to complete 100 missions, does it mean 100 total missions? i.e. 50 grineer + 50 corpus = 100 missions

or 

100 missions in one faction (non-exclusive)? i.e. 100 grineer || 100 corpus = 100 missions

or 

100 missions in one faction (exclusive)? i.e. 100 grineer - 100 corpus = 0 missions

The way I understand it, the first interpretation seems most likely.. But I can't be certain.

Now for something totally different.

This is nothing new. But the rewards as they are, are too skewed to make the event a fair fight. Even if the rewards were to be evened out in the next conflicts, it may already be too late to turn the tables around.

Couldn't we have the rewards for the two factions be flipped for the next 4 missions then even them out for the remainder of Mars?

For the record, I support the Corpus.

Reasons:

1) Lore-wise, the sacrifice will be the toll to pay for a brighter future.

2) Aesthetics-wise, the hand cannon looks about infinitely prettier than the brakk. Although I kinda like the machete wraith look.

3) Gear-wise, I hated the machete and adored the prova.

4) Price-wise, if the prices of the base machete and prova are anything to go by, the prova is worth a lot more than the machete

Reasons I would end up siding with the grineer:

1) If rewards don't change, the corpus are doomed to an agonizing and inevitable defeat; leaving me and many others bereft of the succulent rewards. To stubbornly fight a battle that has no chance of success is folly. As Einstein defines insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So in short, the only reason I would side with the grineer is Sanity.

My guess is that the Grineer are holding their tongue about wanting the Cryopods for themselves, and are TRYING to make it seem like they won't abuse the tenno if they are won by the Grineer. Alad is trying to be transparent, while Sargas is trying to pull the wool over the Tenno's eyes. Like he's not going to completely mutilate the Tenno he gets his hands on.

I'm pretty sure the Tenno side knows this, hence why it's called a 'dilemma'.

The only thing going for us is to save our fellow Tenno from the Corpus and have them aid us against the Grineer if they do go against us. At least that's the most ideal and balanced situation our cause.

Guys, I have some questions.. Would love it if anyone could answer them. Or failing that, if you guys feel that the questions should get more attention, please upvote them.

When it says to complete 100 missions, does it mean 100 total missions? i.e. 50 grineer + 50 corpus = 100 missions

or 

100 missions in one faction (non-exclusive)? i.e. 100 grineer || 100 corpus = 100 missions

or 

100 missions in one faction (exclusive)? i.e. 100 grineer - 100 corpus = 0 missions

The way I understand it, the first interpretation seems most likely.. But I can't be certain.

Now for something totally different.

This is nothing new. But the rewards as they are, are too skewed to make the event a fair fight. Even if the rewards were to be evened out in the next conflicts, it may already be too late to turn the tables around.

Couldn't we have the rewards for the two factions be flipped for the next 4 missions then even them out for the remainder of Mars?

For the record, I support the Corpus.

Reasons:

1) Lore-wise, the sacrifice will be the toll to pay for a brighter future.

2) Aesthetics-wise, the hand cannon looks about infinitely prettier than the brakk. Although I kinda like the machete wraith look.

3) Gear-wise, I hated the machete and adored the prova.

4) Price-wise, if the prices of the base machete and prova are anything to go by, the prova is worth a lot more than the machete

Reasons I would end up siding with the grineer:

1) If rewards don't change, the corpus are doomed to an agonizing and inevitable defeat; leaving me and many others bereft of the succulent rewards. To stubbornly fight a battle that has no chance of success is folly. As Einstein defines insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So in short, the only reason I would side with the grineer is Sanity.

You have to complete 101 missions for one faction and 100 missions for the other faction

Hooray!

I love how we can get both of the new weapons, picking a side just means if it's potatoed or not. And then the exclusive things are just old melee weapon skins that're upgraded a tad.

re-read the rewards. that is false

I just have to say that this event feels... WOOOOOOO!

I have always dreamt of seeing something like this and now i have the chance to get into a real (small-scale) battle between factions. Incredible!

Just one point: the army composition should be slightly changed. When there was almost only light infantry the corpus could mop the floor with the grineer (those flux! terrible they are Oo), but now the battle is pretty much one sided. Too much grineer heavies (i swear i saw like 8 napalms in a single hall) raining hell on the corpus.

Hooray!

I love how we can get both of the new weapons, picking a side just means if it's potatoed or not. And then the exclusive things are just old melee weapon skins that're upgraded a tad.

i love you so much for that i want the grineer to win but that hand cannon omg i want it SO bad

TIER THREE - Complete 100 missions, with the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them).

• IF the Corpus win:
    • And you supported them: The ferocious DETRON hand-cannon. The Detron will be super-charged along with a new weapon slot!
    • You did not support them: A DETRON blueprint, reverse-engineered by the Lotus.
  • IF the Grineer win:
  • And you supported them: The semi-automatic BRAKK hand-cannon. It comes super-charged and with a weapon slot included!
  • You did not support them: A BRAKK blueprint stolen from a Grineer datacenter.

I can not wrap my head around this. Why would CORPUS supporters want a GRINEER pistol blueprint and vice versa

I can not wrap my head around this. Why would CORPUS supporters want a GRINEER pistol blueprint and vice versa

That's something i am also asking myself. Could be better something like this:

CORPUS supporters:

-Victory: DETRON+potato+slot

-Defeat: DETRON BP

GRINEER supporters:

-Victory: BRAKK+potato+slot

-Defeat: BRAKK BP

This should make more sense, let's trust Devs.

EDIT: oh, just a question. Am i the only one who's dropping control modules and alloy plates like crazy with a sidedish of gallium and rubedo?

Edited by WildMoustache