Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to remove a lens from a weapon or warframe?

(XBOX)Huggs93

Im in the same boat for different reasons ATM. When leveling weapons in ESO with a nuke volt, the focus gains drain away a considerable amount of affinity making it much slower to level weapons (seemingly more affinity lost than i gain in focus).

I'd like to remove a lense from my warframe that way.

Also, there should be no cost to remove / swap out lenses. Them being destroyed when you do really flies counter to the idea of combining your lenses into better ones. I could see something like a timer to remove them, or on removing having a 12 - 23 hour period before you can install it again, but the way it is now is so counter intuitive.

36 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Im in the same boat for different reasons ATM. When leveling weapons in ESO with a nuke volt, the focus gains drain away a considerable amount of affinity making it much slower to level weapons (seemingly more affinity lost than i gain in focus).

I'd like to remove a lense from my warframe that way.

Also, there should be no cost to remove / swap out lenses. Them being destroyed when you do really flies counter to the idea of combining your lenses into better ones. I could see something like a timer to remove them, or on removing having a 12 - 23 hour period before you can install it again, but the way it is now is so counter intuitive.

i dont think it actually reduces the amount of regular affinity you earn, but i could be wrong

40 minutes ago, chaotea said:

When leveling weapons in ESO with a nuke volt, the focus gains drain away a considerable amount of affinity making it much slower to level weapons (seemingly more affinity lost than i gain in focus).

That's not how it works, you never "lose" Affinity by having Lenses equipped. Kinda the opposite actually,
Lenses simply make it so that a piece of equipment at max Rank gaining Affinity doesn't let that Affinity go to waste.

And if you're trying to rank up your own weapons via ability nuking ... that's also not how it works :P
Your own ability kills make 100% of the Affinity go to your Frame.
To rank up a weapon via kills, you need to either kill with that weapon, or be near allies when they kill stuff.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

That's not how it works, you never "lose" Affinity by having Lenses equipped. Kinda the opposite actually,
Lenses simply make it so that a piece of equipment at max Rank gaining Affinity doesn't let that Affinity go to waste.

And if you're trying to rank up your own weapons via ability nuking ... that's also not how it works :P
Your own ability kills make 100% of the Affinity go to your Frame.
To rank up a weapon via kills, you need to either kill with that weapon, or be near allies when they kill stuff.

Ive found that usually, if your warframe or weapon is at max rank, the eccess affinity is distributed to other unranked things if no lens is equipped. I found that if im solo with a frame nuking, i still get xp for guns im not using in battle. But I get alot less if I have a lens. I dunno though, maybe im overlooking something (like maybe im getting afinity from companions or something), i'll have to check.

25 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Ive found that usually, if your warframe or weapon is at max rank, the eccess affinity is distributed to other unranked things if no lens is equipped.

That is not the case, neither with nor without Lenses.

25 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I found that if im solo with a frame nuking, i still get xp for guns im not using in battle.

You might be getting some Affinity from completing objectives / picking up Affinity drops.

Archived