Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy pathing, AI and respawn

Lessiem

Question

Can someone enlighten on what, in the god forsaken name, is happening with this?. It seems like somebody mixed the code or something....

The enemies run away from me, hide, and in some cases dont even see me....the perfect sentence is: "it seems they are lost"; idk how to deal with an enemy that don't want to fight with me.

13 answers to this question

If you are not talking about ophelia, I guess you are standing in an area that enemies are "inaccessible" or "difficult to pass through".  Enemies AI would stop chasing you if you are within those areas. This has been a thing for years, particularly obvious if you are standing in/on unreachable decorative areas in infested corpus ship or the obscure catwalks/tunnels in the new corpus ship tiles.

Ophelia ESO tile underground room was excluded from the said area because enemies were able to reach it, by squeezing down the hole. However, people abused the flaw that the hole is the only way down the room thus using it as an afk farm. DE never want to promote afk farming, thus including the room as one of the inaccessible areas.

I don't think it's the usual pathing problems.

I had a couple of instances recently where enemy AI just turned off. The last time I remember we were doing infested arbitration on europa defense tileset, and suddenly enemies just stopped moving for a couple of rounds. We had to run around the map and hunt infested standing passively in corner rooms.

One thing to note is both times I've seen this happen we had a Lantern Titania and an Octavia in the team, both having skills to mess with the AI. But both of those skills are LoS dependent and were not active all the time.

They tried to "fix" afk pc macro farming but this has affected more than just Ophelia.   Rather than ban the cheaters or just plug the hole the whole community is getting punished.   I was in a survival run standing in a small hallway with multiple doors and enemies were just stopping 20m away or getting 15m or so and then running away.   A defense mission with a speedva and enemies were clearly being slowed down instead as well.   The "Fix" has broken enemy AI.  I'm a console player btw.

hace 8 horas, (NSW)Rasta_Frog dijo:

They tried to "fix" afk pc macro farming but this has affected more than just Ophelia.   Rather than ban the cheaters or just plug the hole the whole community is getting punished.   I was in a survival run standing in a small hallway with multiple doors and enemies were just stopping 20m away or getting 15m or so and then running away.   A defense mission with a speedva and enemies were clearly being slowed down instead as well.   The "Fix" has broken enemy AI.  I'm a console player btw.

Exactly my problem. But Im on PC

hace 17 horas, Lessiem dijo:

Exactly my problem. But Im on PC

Yeah man, I even have enemies on ESO just sit on the spawn rooms.
Im literally losing runs because of this. A 8 rounds ESO run is 20 mins
So just yesterday I threw away like... Wow an hour of playtime. 

Nah man, #*!% this game, DE is making Warframe unbearable to play

From my testing, now enemies can detect certain "dangerous zones" when certain abilities are cast. When they do, instead of charging at you, they either linger on the edge of the ability, run away, take cover or stay still. Infested are slowed down significantly and will just wait outside the radius. I have more testing to do but from what I've seen this behaviour is triggered by:

Vauban's Vortex and Flechette, not sure about Bastille

Khora's Strangledome

There may be others but I haven't tested in depth

On 2020-10-06 at 10:06 AM, Me.KayOh said:

Allegedly, this was the response (by devs) to people farming Steel Essence in Ophelia, down in the hole/basement.

yep and it's now all broken
gg wp :D

also there is still the problem with life capsule drops from 4-5 months ago - they are way less now at random times for some reason
Before it was consistent and nekros/khora wasn't a necessary to keep up life support 

Archived