Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why railjack was probably a S#&$show

(PSN)adachi_2

51 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That doesn't make sense either, we kinda needed the railjacks to exist, be built and ready before New War, I figure. Otherwise we'd be flying weak railjacks into war, as opposed to the fully kitted out ones we used for scarlet spear.

Well DE did say this will be actual war so it will take a long time and have acts 

it's kinda ancient history now in the history of DE's blunders, a major event that happened a while back, but one that still stays with us, it would seem. Railjack's launch was a travesty because of 3 things:

- Their promises: which they broke. we all saw that trailer and got hyped like we never hyped before. Railjack was set to be a bold new direction for Warframe, and I'm not saying that in a fake game journalist way; we were set to go seamlessly from open worlds to outer space at the touch of a button, the game was going to be linked together, and and while we knew their would be bugs, the potential for this update outweighed almost any bugs that could be thrown at us: I dare say that if we got the FULL railjack experience, even with the same bugs, it wouldn't have felt so bad.

- Their results: which were rushed: it needed more time in the oven, WAY more time. some might feel the word "heartbreaking" a bit dramatic for a videogame, but to be shown what we had seen and then to get what we actually got was nothing less than crushing. where's the corpus maps? where's the transition from open world to the ship? where's the squad link? we asked and asked and yet we all knew the answer; it wasn't there. but hey, this could be fixed right? well.. that brings me to the third travesty

- Their response: which was every bit as abysmal as the update itself. some might say it was just poor timing, or that nobody should have to work through the holidays, but to drop a steaming turd of an update like that on your playerbase and then, without hesitation, leave the office for 3 WHOLE WEEKS, offering no patches or updates.. there's only one way that can be taken, which is as an insult. and yes, I felt, and it seemed at the time many others did too, that DE simply didn't care, and were happily swigging their eggnog whilst those of us who played Railjack encountered some of the worst bugs, glitching and grinding we'd seen in warframe to date. those 3 weeks felt a lot, LOT longer. thank god I Still drank alcohol and had plenty food, or I'd have probably felt even worse.

now DE has for the most part, done a decent job of cleaning up this mess, but there is still a lot more to be done, and I don't want the foul experience of the launch to taint railjack forever: I quite enjoyed Scarlet Spear, and after all the fixes and changes to drops, regular railjack missions are much better. but we still only have one faction, one game mode, and no connection between Railjack and open worlds, or any other part of the game; the resources are somewhat connected, but the ship itself is not. Personally I feel the mode has  lot more to give, and while I don't want DE to give up on it, I'm also well aware of their lengthy track record of adding and then abandoning content shortly after.

I just don't want railjack to be forgotten, nor for it to be remembered as it was at launch.

TL:DR DE did videogames bad, gave us nice trailer, but poor update, then left for holidays. much player anguish followed, please don't let this happen again and please let railjack get improved. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)amazing021throne said:

"Oh no Steve we dont have new war completed it just to big should we accept and admit it's going to be delayed" 

alot of content gets delayed an DE often doesnt like to give exact dates as they are giving a rough guess of when they will get something out.
but hey if you want :D how about you wait 72 years for warframe to be fully done an be able to play every single peice of content that will ever be out.

Steve:" just relize what remains of railjack and put in a prologue at least then we keep our promise" 

the new war quest is in 3 parts an we already have part 1 an 2 done. 
there is alot of stuff that DE showed off for railjack since they announced it an quite abit that has been changed from the first time it was shown.

And that's how railjack became a S#&$show probably fun fact: the reson why everyone calls digital extremes DE it's an acronym but because it apart of delays god such a bad pun

people call them DE because of members of there staff have profiles with DE in it, an those who have a twitch channel use DE in there name.
It was the userbase that came up with the DElay joke of it.
Railjack is not a shetshow its something that shook up the mold of the game an plenty of people like it an plenty of people dont like it.
DE cant please everyone.

but when part 2 of railjack rezited  better question why is there part 2 I'm pretty sure you fixed most of railjack problems except the cost for helminth and in increasing the chance for quellor 

like i said in first part, DE wanting to get as much issues worked out on pc so the other 3 platforms are able to enjoy the new stuff.
its not like this is the first time DE has every had new content come out in parts.

Now onto yourself as it seems like your just complaining because your bored an probably expected railjack to be better or wanted some feature to be out on day one of its release.
You have no sense of how things work in game development an very less in what goes on when it comes to a ever expanding game like warframe. 
i have been part of this game since 2014 an seen so much changes to the game, waited on so much new content that was talked about.
You make it seem like DE has personally has promised you an you alone railjack content for years an just kept baiting you on about doing it.
So kid learn to have patience an grow up, as many tenno have invested more into this game than you have. An not talking money wise but in the sense of time, thought, an enjoyment.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:
3 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

alot of content gets delayed an DE often doesnt like to give exact dates as they are giving a rough guess of when they will get something out.
but hey if you want :D how about you wait 72 years for warframe to be fully done an be able to play every single peice of content that will ever be out.

the new war quest is in 3 parts an we already have part 1 an 2 done. 
there is alot of stuff that DE showed off for railjack since they announced it an quite abit that has been changed from the first time it was shown.

people call them DE because of members of there staff have profiles with DE in it, an those who have a twitch channel use DE in there name.
It was the userbase that came up with the DElay joke of it.
Railjack is not a shetshow its something that shook up the mold of the game an plenty of people like it an plenty of people dont like it.
DE cant please everyone.

like i said in first part, DE wanting to get as much issues worked out on pc so the other 3 platforms are able to enjoy the new stuff.
its not like this is the first time DE has every had new content come out in parts.

Now onto yourself as it seems like your just complaining because your bored an probably expected railjack to be better or wanted some feature to be out on day one of its release.
You have no sense of how things work in game development an very less in what goes on when it comes to a ever expanding game like warframe. 
i have been part of this game since 2014 an seen so much changes to the game, waited on so much new content that was talked about.
You make it seem like DE has personally has promised you an you alone railjack content for years an just kept baiting you on about doing it.
So kid learn to have patience an grow up, as many tenno have invested more into this game than you have. An not talking money wise but in the sense of time, thought, an enjoyment.

How did you know I was a kid also you do know this entire thing was a joke right?

Archived