Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pennant Building Question.

onilink888

Question

Just to preface this post, I'm extremely new to Warframe (like, ~160 hours clocked, just got to Ceres), so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions or anything like that.

Anyways, I've been grinding for MR, and now that I'm past MR8, Riven trading/buying has opened up to me. I'm also currently in the middle of building a heavy attack Pennant, and what I wanna know is that if investing in a Riven mod for it is a good idea.

The Riven mod in question:
(Madurai) Pennant Visi-tempitis:
+7.9s Combo Duration
+84.4 Critical Damage
+165.7 Melee Damage
-69.9 Status Duration

The build I currently have:
Stance: Wise Razor
1. Pressure Point
2. True Steel
3. Reach
4. Berserker
5. Killing Blow
6. Life Strike
7. Furry
8. Empty (or Elemental or Bane Mod)

The 'final' build when I get the proper mods for it:
Stance: Wise Razor
1. Sacrificial Pressure
2. Sacrificial Steel
3. Primed Reach
4. Berserker
5. Killing Blow
6. Life Strike
7. Corrupt Charge
8. Amalgam Organ Shatter

So, what I'd like to know from you Pennant users out there is whether investing in a Riven for either its current or final form is a good idea or save the plat for my Scindo Prime or Ether Reaper Prime (I also plan on getting the Galatine Prime and Gram Prime).

Thanks in advance; really appreciate the help and insight.

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, McCIoud said:

Pennant doesnt really need a rivena riven to kill everything, with or without one the forced slash on heavy attack will kill anything.

Sooo, a Riven would be overkill? Two other questions if you don't mind: what level enemies can I expect to take down with this particular build? I understand enemy levels go up past 120.

Also, the Maligna skin for it was part of Nightwave Series 2 rewards. Does that mean it's gone for good?

57 minutes ago, onilink888 said:

Sooo, a Riven would be overkill? Two other questions if you don't mind: what level enemies can I expect to take down with this particular build? I understand enemy levels go up past 120.

Also, the Maligna skin for it was part of Nightwave Series 2 rewards. Does that mean it's gone for good?

Much over kill yea.

With the standard heavy attack setup of: Primed pressure point, Sac Steel, Primed Reach, Corrupt charge, killing blow, berserker, amalgam organ shatter and dispatch overdrive

Level 175 corrupted heavy gunners and corrupted bombards all die to the slash procs, if I was using another damage mod instead of Dispatch level 190 enemies would probably die too

The nightwave part 2 rewards will probably reappear during the intermission after glassmaker ends

you could use that Riven if you like. Stats that will work well enough.

is needing the Damage really relevant generally? with Enemies so nerfed half the time we don't need whatever more Damage as it is. it shouldn't be about whether you need something, as not that many Weapons need a Riven to work, this is more of whether you like a Weapon enough to invest that heavily into it and that you think you're actually going to use it enough to justify it.

i make various dumb Loadouts that i don't use much, but i have nothing better to do with my Resources so it's not a drain on me. but you aren't in such a position yet, so you should decide whether you like something enough and are going to use that something enough to make such heavy investment make sense.

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

pennant is kinda trash tbh and it locks you at the clunky heavy attack build, there are much stronger melee weapons out there
I would look for a riven with speed on it, but that won't fix the terrible stance

Pennant has a secondary effect that grant's a speed buff after hitting a heavy attack. It's my goto for the Demos heavies as it shreds them

8 hours ago, McCIoud said:

The nightwave part 2 rewards will probably reappear during the intermission after glassmaker end

Gotcha.

7 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

pennant is kinda trash tbh and it locks you at the clunky heavy attack build, there are much stronger melee weapons out there
I would look for a riven with speed on it, but that won't fix the terrible stance

I'm not a fan of the stance myself. The 'feel' of performing its combos at least (for instance, the jedi flips followed by the three samurai sword cuts feels completely incoherent).

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

you could use that Riven if you like. Stats that will work well enough.

is needing the Damage really relevant generally? with Enemies so nerfed half the time we don't need whatever more Damage as it is. it shouldn't be about whether you need something, as not that many Weapons need a Riven to work, this is more of whether you like a Weapon enough to invest that heavily into it and that you think you're actually going to use it enough to justify it.

i make various dumb Loadouts that i don't use much, but i have nothing better to do with my Resources so it's not a drain on me. but you aren't in such a position yet, so you should decide whether you like something enough and are going to use that something enough to make such heavy investment make sense.

I'm not gonna lie: I typically like being nonsensically overpower in games. It's generally a goal for me in RPGs or RPG-like games. lol

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll take all of this stuff into consideration.

Archived