Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New update on Xbox - HUUUUUUGE !!

(XBOX)Hyperion Rexx

Question

So, just went to start up wf for the nightly grind and noticed it needs an update.

Oh yeah, it's been in cert since last week.  Let's get that downloaded and see what's up.

GODAMM !   31.24 GB ! 

That's half the size of the entire game file.   Wtf is in this update that it's so mahoosive? 

This is a bit more than m4d nerf and helminth changes.

Bang goes most my playtime tonight watching this tick down.  Ah well,  I hope it's worth it.

5 answers to this question

It's a remaster update...  It means you have to download the whole thing again.  It's in the update notes:

Warframe will go from ~64 GB to ~31.2 GB after it has completed the automatic re-download of the game in its entirety. This will appear no different from any other update, business as usual! It will download in the background as is expected with all updates. This is part of the first steps we are taking towards the “ensmallening” on consoles that we’ve seen over on PC - more details in the official dev workshop here. Keep in mind the information in the workshop was specifically directed to PC users at the time, but the following quote is relevant to our efforts towards this specific remastering on XB1: 

Just now, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

It's a remaster update...  It means you have to download the whole thing again.  It's in the update notes:

Warframe will go from ~64 GB to ~31.2 GB after it has completed the automatic re-download of the game in its entirety. This will appear no different from any other update, business as usual! It will download in the background as is expected with all updates. This is part of the first steps we are taking towards the “ensmallening” on consoles that we’ve seen over on PC - more details in the official dev workshop here. Keep in mind the information in the workshop was specifically directed to PC users at the time, but the following quote is relevant to our efforts towards this specific remastering on XB1: 

Aw sh!t.  I expect many bugs.

2 hours ago, Cloudyvisage said:

It is nice for a company to actually consider the size of their game and bother to optimize it... ever. I don't think I ever recall something similar with any game I've ever played. They just get slowly bigger forever.

Then you must have never played a game 15 years ago. Back then almost every game had to take system limits into account. Today however, memory is rarely ever an issue since it is cheap and abundant.

Archived