Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch vs PlayStation Pro

(NSW)DreTheSage

Hey does have a really good article or video explaining how the Playstation 4 Pro has improved the graphics of Warframe compared to base PS4? I’m really curious because I started playing Warframe on Nintendo Switch when it first came out. This game is one of the most beautiful games on the Switch and it’s amazing how well it runs even though there is really bad FPS when you have too much going on on screen.

Early this year I bought a PS4 Pro for the sole purpose of playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I created a Warframe account because I was curious as to what the game looked like on PS4 Pro and OH MY GOD this game is soooo freaking smooth man!!!! It’s so beautiful. I read that because I have PS4 Pro Boost Mode enabled it forces the game to run at 60fps.

Today I looked on the forum to see if there was any posts by Digital Extremes to see if there was anything special they did for Warframe on PS4 Pro and I couldn’t find anything. All I saw was gamers complaining about Warframe’s performance on PS4 and PS4 Pro and how they want to delete the game because they are upset it barely runs. Man I don’t know what wrong with theirs but this game is amazing on my PS4 Pro. I’ve had no issues (other than me being MR22 on Switch and MR3 on PS4 having me feeling like Samus Aran stripped of all her powerups at the beginning of Metroid Prime).

Well, I can vouch that the game runs like trash on original PS4.  The frame rate drops to below 20 when there are more than 2 people in a squad and a handful of enemies.  It is so annoying that I barely touch my MR29 account anymore. :(

4 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

Well, I can vouch that the game runs like trash on original PS4.  The frame rate drops to below 20 when there are more than 2 people in a squad and a handful of enemies.  It is so annoying that I barely touch my MR29 account anymore. :(

Well with the PS5 around the corner that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

6 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

Wow that sounds worse than Switch performance. When did you get your PS4 and are you using the original slow ass harddrive it came with? I think my Warframe runs well because I looked for the latest model PS4 Pro I could find and replaced the HD with a SSD. Maybe an SSD and the new update could help you. Have you updated yet? They remastered it. I’m downloading it now.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well with the PS5 around the corner that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Woot can't wait.

But DE will still find a way for a vauban light show to freak our frames because we will just end up packed with all the particles they kept turning down in order to get it to run on our consoles.....

DE loves their ridiculous particles.  So so many particles.

28 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

I also have a base ps4, and while it doesnt beat a PC, i never have issues like that. Your fan cleaned and stuff? it may be overheating and slowing processing speeds because of that.

23 minutes ago, (NSW)DreTheSage said:

Wow that sounds worse than Switch performance. When did you get your PS4 and are you using the original slow ass harddrive it came with? I think my Warframe runs well because I looked for the latest model PS4 Pro I could find and replaced the HD with a SSD. Maybe an SSD and the new update could help you. Have you updated yet? They remastered it. I’m downloading it now.

I have the original Destiny white PS4.  I did upgrade to SSD, but didn't feel the need to get the Pro since Horizon ZD, God of War and Monster Hunter World run flawlessly

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I also have a base ps4, and while it doesnt beat a PC, i never have issues like that. Your fan cleaned and stuff? it may be overheating and slowing processing speeds because of that.

My husband's PS4 is the same and we clean it out every 6 months, so idk.  Issues started with the Saint of Altra update.

4 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

I have the original Destiny white PS4.  I did upgrade to SSD, but didn't feel the need to get the Pro since Horizon ZD, God of War and Monster Hunter World run flawlessly

My husband's PS4 is the same and we clean it out every 6 months, so idk.  Issues started with the Saint of Altra update.

strange. I too have the white destiny ps4 funny enough, but I never upgraded anything, so I dont have an SSD. No clue why you're having issues

15 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I’ve heard about roaches crawling up in the PS4 vents cause they like the heat but then they die and now your PS4 is running slower. He might have roaches. 

https://youtu.be/3fExaccW91o

15 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

Ever tried deleting it and redownloading? Now would be a good time since they switched out png textures for oodle

14 minutes ago, (NSW)DreTheSage said:

I’ve heard about roaches crawling up in the PS4 vents cause they like the heat but then they die and now your PS4 is running slower. He might have roaches. 

lol!  I died laughing.  No cockroaches in my house. 😂  Let me reiterate, no issues when playing solo.  Issues only arise during multiplayer and when there is more "activity" on screen (e.g particle effects, Deimos, Eidolons, etc).  Basically anything that is graphically intensive.

1 hour ago, (NSW)DreTheSage said:

People don't clean their playstations. I open mine up every month or so and take a can of air to the vent and semi-large chunks of dust come out. I stopped crashing during profit taker immediately after cleaning my ps4 and haven't crashed since. This was before they made fixes to the fight. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

People don't clean their playstations. I open mine up every month or so and take a can of air to the vent and semi-large chunks of dust come out. I stopped crashing during profit taker immediately after cleaning my ps4 and haven't crashed since. This was before they made fixes to the fight. 

Wow. Ive never cleaned mine before. I will look it up on YouTube.

I just turned all the graphics settings up to their highest level and the game still runs great.

5 hours ago, (NSW)DreTheSage said:

Wow. Ive never cleaned mine before. I will look it up on YouTube.

I just turned all the graphics settings up to their highest level and the game still runs great.

The PS5 will way be way easier to clean. You need a special screwdriver to open the PS4 so I get why people probably don't do it. Everyone including Playstation knew it was tedious to clean so it's super obvious they changed it for the PS5.

Archived