Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech legs

Vanythe

The fact that the necramech's legs are floating rather than being attached to something really bothers me :/

I didn't want to post this under bug reporting because it's obvious that it's a design decision... but why?

Will the other necramech model have the same thing?

Same reasons for Xaku, Mag Pneuma, Harrow Relicary and I can't remember if any other frame has that kind of stuf related (Limbo maybe?). Dunno the reasons behind this design choice or the lore, looks cool AF but it seems to revolve around "void" stuff aka "space magic"

same for the arms being attached, i do feel like its a good design because it allows for better movement and allows for the limbs to reattach themselves back onto the mech if it gets torn off, which makes the limbs unique compared to other mech designs, it can also further increass durability because the limbs dont need to be repaired if they can just reattach like a magnet with ease.

4 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Same reasons for Xaku, Mag Pneuma, Harrow Relicary and I can't remember if any other frame has that kind of stuf related (Limbo maybe?). Dunno the reasons behind this design choice or the lore, looks cool AF but it seems to revolve around "void" stuff aka "space magic"

Xaku and Mag actually makes sense as it goes with their themes.

Never seen nor care about Harrow or his skin.

11 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

again I can't say a whole lot about Harrow because I have no idea what's even the point of him when DE made him.

He's a lot of mechanics revolving around headshots to support team mates, wrapped around a sort of religiously themed frame. The Xaku-school of Frame design (as opposed to Gauss and Grendel-school of design, where abilities, power, and aesthetics are all consistent to one another)

6 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

again I can't say a whole lot about Harrow because I have no idea what's even the point of him when DE made him.

he's a support/buffer frame with some CC. some people want to give others energy like Trin but want a little more offense in their kit, Harrow does a great job of filling both those roles.  plus you can make crit weapons deal ludicrous damage.

as for Necramechs, I'm fine with their design. it also seems the Voidrig was the original prototype mech, the second Mech (the melee one) has much sleeker looking Limbs, more in keeping with Orokin Design. still uses levitating bits probably, but the Orokin had mastered anti-gravity stuff at this point, so it's not that hard to imagine it.

Archived