Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raising the Alarm

(PSN)Claudija

I get that the alarms add realism and I get that there's logic to their presence but can we tone down enemy eagerness to use them? In just one mission every look from a Grineer he set them off and it gets annoying rapidly to say nothing of Nightwave and/ or Corrupted spawns during Relic hunts auto-triggering them which unfairly robs me and likely others of a 60/60 mod in Spy missions- perhaps you could look into either cutting down number of alarm consoles, frequency of AI using them or letting us tamper with them: say successful hack gives 10 seconds where the enemy can't use another alarm.

Before the 'git gud' or 'ltp' posts come inevitably in; don't. This is just a personal feedback post to DE, as it just comes from my own experience playing

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Nightwave and/ or Corrupted spawns during Relic hunts auto-triggering them

I don't think it works that way. They more likely rise alertness from the close-by enemies, who then trigger the Alarm.

But what are you trying to achieve actually? If it's about farming Spy vaults and you are bothered by alarms, then you can:

• not play Spy in Fissures
  • improve your stealth (OHK weapons, silent weapons, stealth abilities, mobility...)
  • use the Override air support ability to temporarily disable alerts

I very often run through the map, get spotted and triggering (general) alarms, but i only need to shut it off before entering a vault and then calmly retrieve its data.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

unfairly robs me

imma stop you right there. the rules are clear. the tools are given. the only "unfair" situation is fissure spawns triggering the vault... but then again, if you play spy fissure for the rewards and CAN'T rush the vault after trigger... you handicapped yourself.

Do enemies trigger alarms more often now?

There's a pretty generous grace period between No alarms > Triggered Alarms > Full Lockdown, except for missions that start on Triggered Alarms (those may go into full lockdown within 10sec of mission start, but then it follows the standard rules once reset).

If we're talking spy alarms, you can just kill enemies, before other enemies have you on their line of sight.

You're there to steal data, and enemies are there to protect it. It makes perfect sense they prioritize alarms over watching you parkour around the vault.

Fissures/Nightwave mobs spawning in Vaults in BS, I agree on that.

1 hour ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

I don't think it works that way. They more likely rise alertness from the close-by enemies, who then trigger the Alarm.

But what are you trying to achieve actually? If it's about farming Spy vaults and you are bothered by alarms, then you can:

• not play Spy in Fissures
  • improve your stealth (OHK weapons, silent weapons, stealth abilities, mobility...)
  • use the Override air support ability to temporarily disable alerts

I very often run through the map, get spotted and triggering (general) alarms, but i only need to shut it off before entering a vault and then calmly retrieve its data.

When inside the vault and Lotus says; Trigger the alarms now and they will start destroying data. Any alerts will trigger it which NW and Corrupted spawns do the second they arrive - that is what I referred to. Improve my stealth? A Daikyu, Ballistica Prime-equipped Infiltrate-focused Ivara not stealthy enough? It does not change the situation that either NW, Corrupted during fissures or both if unlucky on farm during NW: trigger alarms on spawning in costing a Perfect Retrieval result

vor 47 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Claudija:

Any alerts will trigger

That is incorrect actually, you cna go in the vault with alarm and lockdown on and it won't trigger alarm inside the vault, enemys only might do if they spot you and others then trigger the alarm inside. Scanners, laser barriers and cameras also trigger it inside. I suggest learning the room patterns more by doing low ones if possible or watching a video, as much i hate suggesting guides, and remember what ways you normally can take to avoid detecting.

And as others said, doing Spy without knowledge to do it fast in fissures is not the best sadly. If you want to farm spy do normal ones i suggest simply, glas enemies only normally infect existing enemys, they not jsut spawn units as far i know, only fissures do due the reactent drops.

21 hours ago, Marine027 said:

That is incorrect actually, you cna go in the vault with alarm and lockdown on and it won't trigger alarm inside the vault, enemys only might do if they spot you and others then trigger the alarm inside. Scanners, laser barriers and cameras also trigger it inside. I suggest learning the room patterns more by doing low ones if possible or watching a video, as much i hate suggesting guides, and remember what ways you normally can take to avoid detecting.

And as others said, doing Spy without knowledge to do it fast in fissures is not the best sadly. If you want to farm spy do normal ones i suggest simply, glas enemies only normally infect existing enemys, they not jsut spawn units as far i know, only fissures do due the reactent drops.

I farm 60/60 mods on normal Spy missions that's not what my post was about. Really watch the enemies on Glassing, don't nuke them just watch and you should notice the speed of alarm activation. Now try it in Spy Vault and again note the Glassed enemy's instincts- it should rush right to you even if Loki/Ash/Ivara is cloaked and observe it. As another posted with regards to Fissures the Corrupted spawns do instantly trigger alarms- by themselves or annoying Sentry Drone being alerted.... THAT is what I stated was unfair initially

Archived