Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pin The Grineer Contest: Some Winners Didn't Follow The Rules.

TheSphynx

Sorry yours wasn't picked. Indeed the text is ambiguous, but the fact of the matter is that the two of you weren't the only ones who invested a lot of time and effort into making two screenshots that didn't got picked.

"Picture taken against a backdrop", like i said, doesn't mean that the object on the picture needs to be on, in,or at the backdrop.

On this case, it says the picture needs to be of a pinned Grineer, against a backdrop featuring a Grineer sign.

Look at the SAMPLE IMAGE

bkGxQ1t.jpg

Is the Grineer pinned on a column or glass with the sign off to the side? No, the Grineer is pinned AGAINST the sign.

On this case, it says the picture needs to be of a pinned Grineer, against a backdrop featuring a Grineer sign.

No, it doesn't say that anywhere. It says "Against a sign" then it says "Must include a Grineer Sign". Putting those together what do you get? MOST people understood it as "Needs to be against a sign". Others, and unfortunately some winners, didn't see it that way.

axljqx.png

Some rules were broken here, you know...posting outside of the event thread. 

Yeah, the actual rules dont say that Grineer has to be pinned on the sign it just says a Grineer must be pinned and a sign must be included.

But that does go against the introductory text for the contests.

If people are going to continue to complain every time there is judging all contest are going to end up like the previous one which was random and i dont even know if they actually check those. Which can end up being worst.

Sure, it took a long time to setup shots but that's the way it goes when there are judges.

My pic i would say was the most difficult because it required pinning a Grinner against a skinny pole and i picked a very cool spot so, yes, i did some work compared to what others did but, again....... judges. Their view of things is their view of things.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

my only complain is that the choices could have been better. the winners wheren´t esactly....great.

but no, they didn´t broke any rules at all, so it´s all valid

That's what I thought. Not really trifling with technicalities with the wording of the rules.

But the actual winning screenshots aren't really great. You'd really think they were chosen randomly.

MOST people understood it as "Needs to be against a sign". Others, and unfortunately some winners, didn't see it that way.

Pretty much. If people who are asking for an official word about this really want to hear one, i'd suggest staying civil and not breaking any rules, lest your thread gets locked and/or deleted. 

As for trolls, we'll deal with them on a case-by-case situation.

Also, as others pointed out, the rules are quite clearly laid out:

axljqx.png

Introductory text does not take priority over the actual, laid-out, rules.

(and as someone here mentioned, "Alias of players in picture must be included" obviously mean alias of all the players in the picture included on the submission post)

I think what she meant by creative is how you'll make a unique way of pinning a grineer to a wall with a grineer sign included in the screenshot. Take for example that one entry where the grineer was posing like "Draw me like one of your french girl."

Yes the OPs pictures are Amazing, but I don't think it was the kind of Creative Megan was looking for. And of course, it was Megan and whoever was responsible to pick the winner's discretion who will win. 

Edited by yangskiii

OP is misleading. He didn't actually post the rules to the event, just the description.

Also, shouldn't you guys be complaining to the Judge(s)? So what, he/she/they didn't like your picture as much other ones. Creativity is evaluated by the judge NOT the participant.

Edited by ParryDox

you sure about that? because the previous contest had randomly chosen winners.

So for your first 3 posts in this thread you hound on the OP, yet you don't even know how the event worked?

Is this reddit? Is this what the forum community is coming to? People throwing their 2 cents in without caring about the matter at hand?

Come on people. Let's stay constructive as the CM said.

Edited by ScopeWraith

I think what she meant by creative is how you'll make a unique way of pinning a grineer to a wall with a grineer sign included in the screenshot. Take for example that one entry where the grineer was posing like "Draw me like one of your french girl."

Yes the OPs pictures are Amazing, but I don't think it was the kind of Creative Megan was looking for. And of course, it was Megan and whoever was responsible to pick the winner's discretion who will win. 

I agree with you, and once again we are not complaining about the "creativity" factor. We are simply stating she broke her own rules.

I appreciate your support and honestly admire your constructive feedback.

OP is misleading. He didn't actually post the rules to the event, just the description.

You're right, because some people, believe it or not, actually read the WHOLE contest post. Not just the rules. Forgive me for taking my time to make sure I understood how the contest would work and be judged. If I wasn't supposed to read the description and apply it to the event, why did they even include it? I'm not being misleading at all, I'm re-posting information that was given to ALL players. I'm not twisting the rules or changing what was stated. I'm only posting facts. That is all.

Are you hear to get your post count up? Troll the thread? Or just generally be rude? Regardless. I beg of you to please stop posting nonconstructive feedback/criticism. Thank you.

Mate, take a breather, you're a bit heated.

If I wasn't supposed to read the description and apply it to the event, why did they even include it?

Flavor Text. Now you take a breather too.

Edited by ParryDox

And by the way, while everyone here is grasping at straws i'll do it too.

If by "pinned at the sign" is the thing being considered here, then the sample image is also breaking that rule. The grineer on the sample image isn't pinned against the sign, it's pinned against the grineer text. The "sign" itself its right there under the "PI" in "PIN" and to the left of the "G" in "GRINEER".

The backwards looking weird red E, that is.

I agree with you, and once again we are not complaining about the "creativity" factor. We are simply stating she broke her own rules.

I appreciate your support and honestly admire your constructive feedback.

I know you aren't complaining and I want to express my opinion.

you are referring to the "against the sign" vs "pinned to the wall as long as there's a visible sign" right?

It is ambiguous but I myself thought that the rules stated that a grineer can be pinned to a wall and that a grineer sign is visible.

I believe we both have good reading comprehension but clearly, not all people think alike, 

I do not believe you are "butthurt" or "whining," I see the point you are trying to make. I only looked through the thread up to page 16, but I'm sure there were more entries like yours that lost. I just want to point something out that is coming to my mind: the area you are referring to as the "rules" was a description of the event. While inaccurate of what the intention of the event was, it was not under the labeled rules segment. I would say, yes, one overrides the other as one is stated as an actual rule and the other is not.

It was an overlooked mistake, but I do not think that makes the event broken nor the mentioned winners rule-breakers. However, this is just how I see it through my eyes.

ScopeWraith? TheSphynx? Thoughts? I still don't think it makes Megan (or the winners) a rule breaker as it was not under the actual rules, but this is just my opinion on the topic and I want to know how you see this POV.

So for your first 3 posts in this thread you hound on the OP, yet you don't even know how the event worked?

Is this reddit? Is this what the forum community is coming to? People throwing their 2 cents in without caring about the matter at hand?

Come on people. =(

First of all... why are you hating on reddit exactly? I fail to see the similarities. Second: I'm hounding on him because he is complaining about interpreting a rather vague post. I thought it said that the sign needed to be in the picture. Not with the Grineer pinned against it. 

And by the way, while everyone here is grasping at straws i'll do it too.

If by "pinned at the sign" is the thing being considered here, then the sample image is also breaking that rule. The grineer on the sample image isn't pinned against the sign, it's pinned against the grineer text. The "sign" itself its right there under the "PI" in "PIN" and to the left of the "G" in "GRINEER".

The backwards looking weird red E, that is.

You are kidding right? I am not trying to insult your intelligence by any means.... But.... Since you are trying to get all "Technical"....

The "Text" is a part of the "Sign".... You are referring to the actual "Logo" which is still part of the "Sign".... Regardless Text/Logos/etc are all considered a "Sign"... Are they not?

What does an American "Stop Sign" look like?.... An hexagon with "Stop" written across it... The writing is still part of a sign.

I know you aren't complaining and I want to express my opinion.

you are referring to the "against the sign" vs "pinned to the wall as long as there's a visible sign" right?

It is ambiguous but I myself thought that the rules stated that a grineer can be pinned to a wall and that a grineer sign is visible.

I believe we both have good reading comprehension but clearly, not all people think alike, 

Yes. xD

We are on the same page.

You are kidding right? I am not trying to insult your intelligence by any means.... But.... Since you are trying to get all "Technical"....

The "Text" is a part of the "Sign".... You are referring to the actual "Logo" which is still part of the "Sign".... Regardless Text/Logos/etc are all considered a "Sign"... Are they not?

What does an American "Stop Sign" look like?.... An hexagon with "Stop" written across it... The writing is still part of a sign.

A stop sign is called a stop sign because its a sign! It's an image on a metal plate standing on top of a post. It stands out and alerts you to something. If anything the grineer wall could be called a design or maybe even graffiti but then again i'm just arguing semantics by this point.