Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pin The Grineer Contest: Some Winners Didn't Follow The Rules.

TheSphynx

+1, they just wanna win it anyway, because they think their pics are the best -____-

Just leave the thread. You are clearly lacking a brain that can comprehend the discussion going on. The discussion is about entries winning that didn't follow the rules. Not "My entry deserved to win". If you can't see that, like I said, please, just leave this discussion as you are not contributing anything positive to it.

Well the real thing is. 
The rules said must include player alias inside the picture.

Alias of players in picture must be included

Some winners clearly have no alias inside the picture. 

So basically DE...

-->  

<-- Edited by Derethevil

Once again. Grow up. I don't care about my wasted time put into trying to take a creative image. I care that she broke her own rules. I might have better luck talking to a wall, because clearly you don't understand even the simplest conversation.

You need a buff or a nerf not sure...

My entry and ScopeWraith's entry (not bragging or claiming we deserved to win over others) got the most upvotes from page 20 to 71. I was flooded with messages from players asking to help them with their screenshots or asking for a wallpaper version. That doesn't put me above the entries that BROKE THE RULES? Here are our entries to the contest. I want to know what you guys think.

As for creativity? There is a dedicated Volt photographer, not only to capture the image, but to control environment and ambient lighting. Multiple skill casts that took incredible patience to capture at the perfect timing. Ballista being presented in a way other than just "looking down the sights".

I lost to entries that broke the rules.

I'm sorry to inform everyone that supported my entry and that was inspired by my work, I will no longer be participating in these BROKEN events. To accept defeat is easy, I've done it plenty of times. To accept defeat to someone that broke the rules

"That doesn't put me above the entries that BROKE THE RULES?"

Just because you type out "not bragging or claiming we deserved to win over others" doesn't change the tone of your post.

Edited by Archistopheles

"Take a creative screenshot of pinned AGAINST a Grineer sign."

Straight from the rules.... There is no other way of interpreting that statement other than a Grineer LITERALLY being pinned AGAINST a sign....

Sorry yours wasn't picked. Indeed the text is ambiguous, but the fact of the matter is that the two of you weren't the only ones who invested a lot of time and effort into making two screenshots that didn't got picked.

"https://www.google.com/search?num=100&newwindow=1&hl=en&site=webhp&q=%22Picture+against+a+backdrop%22&oq=%22Picture+against+a+backdrop%22&gs_l=serp.12...11083.12894.0.13462.2.2.0.0.0.0.188.368.0j2.2.0....0...1c.1.29.serp..2.0.0.BpXzLQknyRU'>Picture taken against a backdrop", like i said, doesn't mean that the object on the picture needs to be on, in,or at the backdrop.

On this case, it says the picture needs to be of a pinned Grineer, against a backdrop featuring a Grineer sign.

I do not believe you are "butthurt" or "whining," I see the point you are trying to make. I only looked through the thread up to page 16, but I'm sure there were more entries like yours that lost. I just want to point something out that is coming to my mind: the area you are referring to as the "rules" was a description of the event. While inaccurate of what the intention of the event was, it was not under the labeled rules segment. I would say, yes, one overrides the other as one is stated as an actual rule and the other is not.

It was an overlooked mistake, but I do not think that makes the event broken nor the mentioned winners rule-breakers. However, this is just how I see it through my eyes.

Edited by Aramet

Well the real thing is. 

So basically DE...

-->  

<--

"Alias of players in picture must be included"

Included in the post.... Kind of common sense buddy.

Well the real thing is. 

So basically DE...

-->  

<--

It said that players inside the picture need their alias included [in the post] so they are given credit. It can be misinterpreted but did not mean the aliases must be in the actual picture.

Its amazing. So many people bashing on how we are claiming "We should of won, wahhh.".... It isn't that at all. I am honored by all the support we got from the images we submitted. Made new friends, got plenty of messages from strangers complimenting our work, and wishing us luck. Someone even started a thread about us not winning, yet we have NO IDEA who they were. This isn't about that. In my books, with all the support we got... I was happy win or lose..... It is simply about winners that broke the rules...