Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pin The Grineer Contest: Some Winners Didn't Follow The Rules.

TheSphynx

To make this short and quick. I'm going to highlight a IMPORTANT rule that was applied to the contest.

nrM4FgP.png

Now, take a look at the 2 entries that DID NOT follow this rule, but still won the contest:

F2MYv9B.png
OqRVKkH.jpg

In both of these images, you will notice the Grineer IS NOT pinned to the sign. Which is, the MOST important rule in this contest. What about the people that put in the extra time and effort to actually follow the rules? The people that QUALIFIED for the event. They just got beat by 2 entries that completely broke the rules.

My entry and ScopeWraith's entry (not bragging or claiming we deserved to win over others) got the most upvotes from page 20 to 71. I was flooded with messages from players asking to help them with their screenshots or asking for a wallpaper version. That doesn't put me above the entries that BROKE THE RULES? Here are our entries to the contest. I want to know what you guys think.

ScopeWraith's Entry:
PinnedSoulesslyFinal.png

My Entry:
1vLJSNj.png

Both images took extremely long to capture and both images FOLLOW THE RULES. As for creativity? There is a dedicated Volt photographer, not only to capture the image, but to control environment and ambient lighting. Multiple skill casts that took incredible patience to capture at the perfect timing. Ballista being presented in a way other than just "looking down the sights". Which of the 2 entries that DID NOT follow the rules went to that length of creativity?

Yeah, the event results have made me incredibly upset, but not because I didn't win. It's because I lost to entries that broke the rules. As posted above, the rules CLEARLY state "Take a creative screenshot of them pinned against a Grineer sign!". Not, "Take a creative screenshot of them pinned against the wall and a sign somewhere in the screenshot!"

I'm sorry to inform everyone that supported my entry and that was inspired by my work, I will no longer be participating in these BROKEN events. To accept defeat is easy, I've done it plenty of times. To accept defeat to someone that broke the rules? Over my dead body.

Edited by TheSphynx

It was not stated in the rules that the grineer have to be pinned to the sign. The üpassage you marked was from the description of the event, not the rules. You just had to pin him somewhere and had to have view on grineer signs.

I have seen your posts before and you did some great photoshop work on those. But the point was to do pure screenshots.

I think that some butthurt is in this thread. You point some rule breaking, but to me it only seems like you are whining because you didnt win.

Yes, you are saying that you dont think that you deserve reward, but in the end this thread seems like: " I expected reward, but i didnt got it. And now i will whine on forums because someone else won it. "

It was not stated in the rules that the grineer have to be pinned to the sign. The üpassage you marked was from the description of the event, not the rules. You just had to pin him somewhere and had to have view on grineer signs.

I have seen your posts before and you did some great photoshop work on those. But the point was to do pure screenshots.

THE RULES said "Pinned to a sign"

They said NOTHING about slight editing of the image.

So saying in the description "Pinned to a sign" then below saying "Must include a Grineer sign" are 2 different rules? The second rule cancels the first statement out? The logic here is lacking.

I think that some butthurt is in this thread. You point some rule breaking, but to me it only seems like you are whining because you didnt win.

Yes, you are saying that you dont think that you deserve reward, but in the end this thread seems like: " I expected reward, but i didnt got it. And now i will whine on forums because someone else won it. "

Clearly you didn't read my post. I don't mind losing. But losing to somebody's entry that broke the rules? Come on.

To be fair, your screenshots aren't that great.

Sure they look cool, but Megan wanted creativity. All you guys did was use warframe powers and enhance the lighting. Woo.

This thread isn't about how bad or good my entry was. It's the fact that 2 entries won that BROKE the RULES. What don't you people understand.

Come on now. Did you put a ton of time into the contest and say "it was creative"? You are basically just running your mouth. The post was about how people who broke the rules won the contest... Not, "Ours was better than everyone elses, we should win."

Edited by ScopeWraith

Clearly you didn't read my post. I don't mind losing. But losing to somebody's entry that broke the rules? Come on.

I just wanted to say that you took wrong measures to complain about this. You will be trolled and flamed for making this post. That is the way of forums.

On more serious note, you should sent direct message or email to Megan or Rebecca about this. Complaining here isnt gonna help.

To be fair, your screenshots aren't that great.

Sure they look cool, but Megan wanted creativity. All you guys did was use warframe powers and enhance the lighting. Woo.

You are so right. The 25 "wall running tenno" submissions, the 100s of "Down the barrel" shots were SOOOOO creative.... As we said. It isn't the fact about ours being more creative or not. It's how she broke her own rules....

You misinterpreted the text. It's not pinned ON the sign. It's an image with a pinned grineer to a wall against a sign.

Like taking a picture against the sun. Doesn't mean you have to be at the bleeping sun.

Or ON the sun for that matter LOL

You are so right. The 25 "wall running tenno" submissions, the 100s of "Down the barrel" shots were SOOOOO creative.... As we said. It isn't the fact about ours being more creative or not. It's how she broke her own rules....

That post was simply to expose your vanity.

Like I told your friend: You shouldn't have posted your own screenshots.

She made the rules, you misinterpreted the rules. DONE.

You misinterpreted the text. It's not pinned ON the sign. It's an image with a pinned grineer to a wall against a sign.

Like taking a picture against the sun. Doesn't mean you have to be at the bleeping sun.

"Take a creative screenshot of pinned AGAINST a Grineer sign."

Straight from the rules.... There is no other way of interpreting that statement other than a Grineer LITERALLY being pinned AGAINST a sign....

Edited by ScopeWraith

Yeah, the event results have made me incredibly upset, but not because I didn't win. It's because I lost to entries that broke the rules. As posted above, the rules CLEARLY state "Take a creative screenshot of them pinned against a Grineer sign!". Not, "Take a creative screenshot of them pinned against the wall and a sign somewhere in the screenshot!"

Excuses. You're just upset you didn't win.

+1, they just wanna win it anyway, because they think their pics are the best -____-

Once again. Grow up. I don't care about my wasted time put into trying to take a creative image. I care that she broke her own rules. I might have better luck talking to a wall, because clearly you don't understand even the simplest conversation.