Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change in weapon affinity gain

(PSN)bringhelltoearth

Cant tell me nothing has changed i used to be able to go 20 minutes or longer in a survival and NOT use a weapon im training and still get several thousand affinity on it now i go 20 minutes and get less then 800 affinity. One good run of 25-30 waves of a defense would nearly max a weapon without needing to use it now im lucky to get 1 or 2 ranks for that long of a run and this was all possible without affinity booster or even using the weapon it self for much of the run.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)bringhelltoearth said:

Bull, i have trained many weapons never using them just by haing the equiped to my loadout and doing long defense or survival runs.

Did you do them solo or in a group? Affinity you get from assists (ie other players or allies getting kills) is spread amongst all your gear, as well as affinity you get from completing objectives (such as a Spy vault), but weapon kills only split the affinity between that weapon and your Warframe, and Warframe ability kills don't give weapons any affinity at all. This has been the case for multiple years at the very least, probably since the game launched. If they did actually change something, it would already be at the top of r/Warframe and all over the forums, it definitely wouldn't just be you who noticed, and it would be Warframe's biggest outrage of the last several years.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb (PSN)bringhelltoearth:

Soo what, to train the hundreds of useless crappy junk weapons i need a group and then let them do all the killing cause more then 3/4 of the weapons are just absolutely trash and completely useless in any place GOOD for training.

You Got It Yes GIF by Hallmark Channel

Or you don't want to leech, slap some basic mods on your weapon and go to ESO with a frame that can kill with abilities and hope you don't get leechers. Otherwise there are some more or less specific level methods (Adaro, Hydron or whatever) others might want to list and explain because I'm too lazy to just as you were too lazy to look up if your accusations and calling people liars actually had any basis. I had the same issue when I started sucking a bit less and asked a clan member if they had an idea what might cause that followed by reading up on what shared affinity is and how it works. You should read up on it too.

u legit just need to do 3-4 zones in ESO to max any weapon. thats 7-8 minutes. just tag along with ESO squad or try public. now with helminth even solo warframe affinity farm has become easy. only annoying affinity to gain is for voidrigs and maybe archwings if you are solo.

16 hours ago, (PSN)bringhelltoearth said:

Bull, i have trained many weapons never using them just by haing the equiped to my loadout and doing long defense or survival runs.

Refusing to accept the truth does not make your incorrect/misguided opinion valid.

There has been no change to how affinity is gained with weapons.

I think the real issue here is you don't understand how the game works and expect it to work the way you -imagine-. 

stoned imagination GIF by Dark Igloo

Archived