Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone edit a locked thread?

(XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes

Question

I know you can't reply to a thread that has been archived or locked, and I know you can't edit posts that have been archived, but can you edit a post that has been locked?

Basically I'm wondering if there's a way to maintain my ability to edit one of my frame concepts even after it has been archived. If a locked thread can be edited, then I was going to ask DE to lock it instead.

8 answers to this question

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Change your post to something super controversial knowing people can't argue with you about it.

I see the appeal.

But I have never been known for shying away from saying controversial things even knowing that people can argue with me about it.

27 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Change your post to something super controversial knowing people can't argue with you about it.

No actually, If that were the case I wouldn't be asking, I would just go off and find out myself.

30 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

No. Why do you want to edit a post in a locked thread?

I was actually wondering because I was hoping to be able to edit one of my frame concepts even after it has been archived/ locked. It isn't in danger of being locked, but if people can edit a locked post and not an archived one, then I would actually prefer that it is locked.

I was going to leave a message at the top of my concept thread asking DE to lock it rather than archive it, but then I realized that I don't know if you can edit a locked thread.

I want to be able to edit my frame concept even after it has been archived/ locked because the lore for my frame is woven into the current lore of Warframe, and if Warframe's lore continues to develop, and I can't edit my frame concept, then eventually my frame's lore isn't going to make any sense.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I was providing a possible answer, not speaking for you.

Might want to quote the person actually asking the question you're answering. :tongue:

You're right, I should have quoted him too. I will edit it and quote him so that he is notified as well.

Also, you may not have been speaking for me, but I still felt the need to clarify that the possibility that you suggested did not apply to me.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes said:

No actually, If that were the case I wouldn't be asking, I would just go off and find out myself.

I was actually wondering because I was hoping to be able to edit one of my frame concepts even after it has been archived/ locked. It isn't in danger of being locked, but if people can edit a locked post and not an archived one, then I would actually prefer that it is locked.

I was going to leave a message at the top of my concept thread asking DE to lock it rather than archive it, but then I realized that I don't know if you can edit a locked thread.

I want to be able to edit my frame concept even after it has been archived/ locked because the lore for my frame is woven into the current lore of Warframe, and if Warframe's lore continues to develop, and I can't edit my frame concept, then eventually my frame's lore isn't going to make any sense.

If your thread is Archived then its most likely nobody will ever see it again. It was Archived because it was old, and theres not much reason for people to look up old threads.

If it was Locked then its guaranteed nobody will see it. Forum Member Threads usually only get Locked due to inappropriate behavior by an/multiple individuals. They get deleted after a certain amount of time and are not retrievable.

If you need a place to keep your personal Frame Lore, the Forum might not be the best place. Outside of DE Official Announcements and/or Threads, the information here is not eternal. Its very much temporary. Clans tend to start up personal Websites or Discord's for what you're looking for.

Archived