Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I ask what's about to be vaulted?

TheArcSet

Question

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, McCIoud said:

If you mean the current rotation of unvaulted primes it's Ember, frost, reaper, Latron, sicarus and glaives prime that will be returning to the vault.

Thank you.

Fortunately I have everything but the glaive and some relics for that, so I don't need to grind too hard today then.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb McCIoud:

If you mean the current rotation of unvaulted primes it's Ember, frost, reaper, Latron, sicarus and glaives prime that will be returning to the vault.

i dont think you are correct mate. the oldest unvaulted items get vault again... not the newest.

28 minutes ago, Khrel said:

i dont think you are correct mate. the oldest unvaulted items get vault again... not the newest.

I know I'm correct mate, the prime unvaulting changes every 3 or 4 months.

Right now we can get frost and embers stuff, then they go back in the vault and Mirage and Banshee are coming out of the vault for 3/4 months.

I think the whole void relic thing / prime vault has not been summarized properly anywhere, containinge information relevant to a newbie. I'll try. Please fix any errors in case you find any, or add anything you think is missing!

So, my tips for newbiews about relics / TL;DR:

• Void relics can give you prime stuff and opening them happens in void fissure missions. This can be fun and rewarding, but also kind of repetitive!
  • Void relics (not considering Requiem) can be divided into three categories: Regular, Prime Vault Access and Baro Ki'Teer relics
  • Consider the fact relics corresponding to Prime Vault Access will be removed from the games reward drop tables in a few months.
  • Open relics as you wish (don't care about refining), but once you get enough void traces to refine, refine those relics which contain rare/uncommon parts you want to prioritize on.
  • You may want to prioritize refining relics corresponding to the Prime Vault Access (until you've got the uncommon/rare stuff you want).
  • Seems that bounties drop only relics currently in the Prime Vault access (at least currently; but this could be subject to change?).
  • Extra parts of prime gear can be exchanged into Ducats (usable at Baro Ki'Teer) or sold/traded with other players.
  • If you don't like relics, you can also use platinum to get prime gear from the in-game store or from other players.

Longer explanation (should clear any confusion if the points above don't make sense):

Spoiler

There is a prime version of most gear in the game (but not all - but eventually, will be). These are (slightly, sometimes significantly) improved versions of the regular versions. The primary way of getting these (or their components) are the void relics or, alternatively, buying with platinum from the in-game shop or by trading with other players. Some missions have a chance to drop void relics, and any relic has a type (Lith, Meso, Neo, Axi) and a letter+number assigned to it. This "name" of the relic (say, Meso F2) determines which 6 different things (prime parts or Forma) any player can get when it is opened.

Void relics are opened in void fissure missions, and upon successfully opening the relic it will be consumed and the player will get one thing (out of 6) chosen by the game randomly at the end of the mission, along with a small amount of void traces. Three of the possible rewards from opening the relic are considered common, two are uncommon and one is rare - with the chances of getting one set accordingly. With the help of the aforementioned void traces, a player can refine any relic (up to three steps). This will increase the chances of getting uncommon and rare items from the relic. Also, in case there are more than one players in a mission, the players can choose an item which came from another players relic - so, you will have more choices, and in general you will get slightly more void traces this way (and those are required for refining!). My advice: always take four people to a void fissure missions (each carrying a relic), and prioritize refining relics containing uncommon and rare parts you want.

The relics available at any one time in game don't contain all prime weapons / warframes existing in the game. In more detail, there are two kinds/categories of relics: the regular relics, and a rotating selection corresponding to current Prime Vault access. (also, there's a third category: Baro relics - see later!)

Gear in prime vault is generally not available in the game, but in (roughly!) 3-months rotation, a small subset of stuff (2 warframes and 3-5 weapons?) will be available in an event called Prime Vault access. During this access time, one can buy bundles containing these prime items (+ other goodies) from the in-game store with platinum and corresponding relics will be added to the drop tables (so you don't have to use platinum if you don't want to). Whenever a Prime Vault access begins, the previous one ends. There is no way of knowing what will be available in the next prime vault access, nor the exact time (until it has been announced).

In addition, once in a while, new prime weapons / warframes (which didn't exist previously at all in game) will be released. For example, roughly two months ago Nezha Prime along with some (lore-wise) associated weapons was added to the game. Important detail: this is not called Prime Vault access in the announcement (this can be confusing and these two events can easily be mixed up)! These parts are in the regular, non-Prime Vault relics (for now). The amount of types of relics dropping as mission rewards will increase slightly whenever a release happens.

Every once in a while, to counteract the release of new Prime Gear to the game (and to prevent the number of different kinds of relics being dropped from the game consistent), some relics will enter the Prime Vault. This usually means the oldest Prime Warframes / weapons released currently available in-game, but does not necessarily need to be so, and is up to the discretion of DE. They might even decide to increase or decrease the pool of relics available at any one time (but all this is of course just pure speculation, and deduced from previous decisions made by DE).

Finally, every two weeks Baro Ki'Teer will appear at a relay selling a selection of stuff, such as mods, prisma weapons and Void relics (this selection will be different each time). This is another way of obtaining void relics, but the selection Baro will sell is very limited and different every time (and he might not be stocking any relics for a very long time). Relics can also be traded between players.

Cheers!

Nitpicks:

Spoiler

There's no way to tell in game, which relics are corresponding to the Prime Vault (or which you've bought from Baro, if you don't remember). You can only tell by looking at the Wiki or Forums announcements. When the access ends, the relics will stay in your inventory (until you open them), they just don't drop anymore from the missions.

There's also Requiem relics but they don't drop Prime parts, but function otherwise similarly and use the same game mechanisms when opening them - they have to do with  Liches but let's forget them for now.

There's a catch to buying with platinum from the store opposed to getting the relics and trying your luck: all the gear will come with an Orokin Catalyst / Reactor attached + some extras (cosmetics and other?) when buying with platinum. It is up to the player's consideration if buying with platinum is worth it.

As noted already: for the Prime Unvaulting, Ember Prime, Sicarus Prime, Glaive Prime, along with Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime will return to the Prime Vault this Tuesday.

For Prime Access, Equinox Prime, Stradavar Prime, and Tipedo Prime will be the next to enter the Prime Vault once Octavia Prime Access comes out.

Archived