The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Mission Creator

Scar.brother.help.me

19 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Dear DE, could you make a mission creator? We can do something similar in our Dojos but could we go further and create our own missions and have some kind of contest?

Let the winners be added to the star chart. 

Excuse Me No GIF by Madonna

Ive talked about it before as well. They should hold a mission design contest of some sort for something new to be added in the star chart, or simply improvements for existing ones. 

Of course, the players rarely have a realistic idea of what can be done, but they could still take it as an inspiration to create something that the community wants to play. 

Because I feel like they've been redoing the same type of missions everywhere lately, with minor tweaks to make it seem different but really its all the same. They could use outside inspiration. 

4 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Ive talked about it before as well. They should hold a mission design contest of some sort for something new to be added in the star chart, or simply improvements for existing ones. 

Of course, the players rarely have a realistic idea of what can be done, but they could still take it as an inspiration to create something that the community wants to play. 

Because I feel like they've been redoing the same type of missions everywhere lately, with minor tweaks to make it seem different but really its all the same. They could use outside inspiration. 

I've been thinking about it since I realized that missions are randomly generated and are a copy-paste everywhere. I thought - wow, if only there was a constructor, I'd spend days on it..
If there was some kind of a vote system, I'd be checking out and play the top rated missions created by other players every day, I bet they would be a lot of fun.

On 2020-12-17 at 1:02 PM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Dear DE, could you make a mission creator? We can do something similar in our Dojos but could we go further and create our own missions and have some kind of contest?

Let the winners be added to the star chart. 

It seems like a good idea, but have you ever seen Super Mario Maker, or any other 'game' that allows people to build their own content for players? There is so much awful awful stuff out there (just like there are cool Dojos and intentionally bad ones, which exist as jokes), and making a contest means DE would have to go through the submissions and choose the ones they like best. After the contest is over people will complain that DE wasn't fair or that they didn't choose properly, etc. It's like choosing people for a job interview - Because there are thousands of applications the stress is not really worth the effort, and everyone kind of looks the same after a while.

2 minutes ago, TheMostFrench said:

It seems like a good idea, but have you ever seen Super Mario Maker, or any other 'game' that allows people to build their own content for players? There is so much awful awful stuff out there (just like there are cool Dojos and intentionally bad ones, which exist as jokes), and making a contest means DE would have to go through the submissions and choose the ones they like best. After the contest is over people will complain that DE wasn't fair or that they didn't choose properly, etc. It's like choosing people for a job interview - Because there are thousands of applications the stress is not really worth the effort, and everyone kind of looks the same after a while.

Let it be "not so official", let there be polls from players, who will invite first their friends play their missions, then if it is good, they promote it further and collect some sort of "likes" (reputation of the author may be). And let it be in a beta stage with no big promisses, just to give it a try.

34 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

let there be polls from players, who will invite first their friends play their missions, then if it is good, they promote it further and collect some sort of "likes" (reputation of the author may be).

That was going to be my next point: whoever has the most friends wins.

On 2020-12-20 at 7:19 AM, TheMostFrench said:

That was going to be my next point: whoever has the most friends wins.

If the constructor is good and improved for QoL and new instruments all the time - the process of creation will be fun and become a big chunk of gameplay and some talent will break through anyway (or I believe so 😅).
Who knows what new mission types could appear? Don't u want to play something new on star chart? I am in for 2,5 years, I think only Disruption appeared. Seems to me that DE likes to work more on the look and designs, they optimize their game pretty good! It has a great creative team, but they just lack gameplay, and the longer I kind of play the game - I see that they just not so into it. But there is a huge fan base that likes the core Warframe and would spend hours, days and months to create something fun for others. Especially now while much more folks have spare time and are bored.

Archived