Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of life Improvements to forma

Please change the way we forma things. Make forma apply to a CONFIGURATION instead of the entire Item, just make it work like how you did the helminith binding(where you can pick a certain config to apply the ability or all configs). It would be better and friendly for different builds with different polarity rather than shooting yourself in the foot every time you make or change a build and because this isn't a thing i cant quite see why somebody would want buy another configuration slot if the polarities are still tied to the whole item. I don't know if anyone would agree with this since it's a minor deal but if you think that this idea would be good for the long run please comment some ideas to support this

12 minutes ago, (PSN)darkreaperdrone said:

Please change the way we forma things. Make forma apply to a CONFIGURATION instead of the entire Item, just make it work like how you did the helminith binding(where you can pick a certain config to apply the ability or all configs). It would be better and friendly for different builds with different polarity rather than shooting yourself in the foot every time you make or change a build and because this isn't a thing i cant quite see why somebody would want buy another configuration slot if the polarities are still tied to the whole item. I don't know if anyone would agree with this since it's a minor deal but if you think that this idea would be good for the long run please comment some ideas to support this

Spanish No GIF by GIPHY News

3 hours ago, (PSN)darkreaperdrone said:

and because this isn't a thing i cant quite see why somebody would want buy another configuration slot if the polarities are still tied to the whole item

No other choice. I play Umbra most of the time and can’t get additional copies.

1 minute ago, Dauggie said:

so waste another forma for different configs? sounds stupid tbh

Yeah, some stuff might sound stupid when you don’t read it properly.

3 hours ago, (PSN)darkreaperdrone said:

just make it work like how you did the helminith binding(where you can pick a certain config to apply the ability or all configs)

14 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Because it is a terrible idea. Simple as that...

What’s so terrible about making our upgrade loadouts more flexible? Do you find Helminth mechanics of infusing different abilities into different loadouts terrible as well? Would you prefer if we could only infuse one ability into all upgrade loadouts at once?

16 hours ago, (PSN)darkreaperdrone said:

This has been suggested several times before. The main objection is the sheer number of forma that would become required per frame or weapon - potentially as many as 15 for three different configurations (although hopefully less if you apply the common mod polarities to all three).

Personally I'd like to see a universal forma, similar to the aura or stance forma, where any polarity gets the bonus for that slot. Sure these would have to be rare but it would definitely help for setting up different configs on the same item.

8 hours ago, Xaero said:

What’s so terrible about making our upgrade loadouts more flexible? Do you find Helminth mechanics of infusing different abilities into different loadouts terrible as well? Would you prefer if we could only infuse one ability into all upgrade loadouts at once?

schitts creek do not want GIF by CBC

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

schitts creek do not want GIF by CBC

It's not a fix but an improvement though? Currently, if you want to fit two entirely different builds requiring different sets of polarities in one frame/weapon, your only option is to get an additional copy of this frame/weapon, and you don't even have that option in some cases. Adding a screen where you choose which configs should apply a forma after polarizing will greatly increase build flexibility.

You don't care about the flexibility, I get it. Yet OP's suggestion doesn't hurt or limit your gameplay in any way. So trying to shut down the suggestion with copy-paste "no" comment is not a wise thing to do, it's actually harming your own credibility as a forum member, showing your lack of ability to hold a constructive discussion.

Archived