Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Expand Invasions

nslay

I started running Invasions again recently... I guess I figured I'd knock out all Dojo-related weapons over the Christmas vacations (with that event booster!). I actually did finish building and ranking them all! I don't know man... some of those weapons that require Forma as an ingredient... I just don't understand how you can justify that.

Anyway! I still run them now. I rank pets and weapons a little bit there. I'm collecting copies of Wraith and Vandal parts. Who knows... maybe in the future some new player will be struggling to get a Sheev part and I'll be able to say, "Here! Have this extra Sheev part!"

I think Invasions could be updated in a couple ways:

1. Add more reward types (Kuva, Nitain, Kavat Genetic Codes, and more Corpus Vandal weapons)
    • Really, it's just weapon parts and Mutagen Masses/Detonite Injectors/Fieldrons... very rarely Catalyst/Reactor/Exilus Adapter/Forma.
    • Should appease the "Alerts were better" crowd
    • Should compromise with the "Alerts were worse" crowd considering that invasions often last an entire day (and sometimes weeks or months!).
  2. It's the New War! Add one-sided Sentient invasions to complement the Infested invasions! They're still invading outside of big events right?
    • Will give players a better place to farm elusive mods and items outside of Scarlet Spear!

Might be cool to tie in dynamics from Liches and Entrati...

• being able to side with Entrati's strain of Infested in invasions would be cool. Though I guess this is unrealistic.
    • Entrati vs {Infested,Corpus,Grineer} invasions
    • Maybe reward Deimos mats (and very rarely Seriglass Shards and Scintillant)?
  • Necramechs from beyond are apparently constantly invading to destroy {important spoiler object}... Necramech faction invasions to Deimos nodes?
  • Liches are their own subfaction that just magically take over planet nodes. Is this supported by the Queens? Because it seems like infighting to me...

Very doubtful these other angles would exist as options. Would be cool though!

DE has all the parts already in place to spice up the starchart in a good way. I'd like to see something like the Chromehounds war map:

The Hounds of War: A Return of ChromeHounds. – Reiku78

I always thought it was pretty cool. Instead of/in addition to the current Invasion mission tab DE could add a third Starchart view that shows the front lines of each faction.

• The community can help the Grineer/Corpus to move the front lines around.
  • Defending factions offer more/better rewards the further into their territory they get invaded.
  • The Infested starts randomly and grows quickly.
  • The Sentients appear around the outer planets and move inwards.
    • DE can put any of the Sentient game modes like Necramech Survival here.
  • Certain conditions can trigger world events.
    • Special boss nodes like Phorid can appear.
    • Fomorians, Razorbacks, or the Infested planetoids from The Emissary can attack the Relays.
    • Plague Stars can be created.
    • The Sentients can deploy a Scarlet Spear mini-event.
  • Relays can actually be destroyed or damaged, and the community can start events to rebuild or repair them.

There are lots of easy ways to tie some existing systems together and make the game world more interesting and alive.

1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I love the idea : short, simple, easy enough to do. Don't know if they'll do rare mods or anything, but stuff like Nitain, Forma and Kubrow/Kavat gense would be good. 

You can already rarely get Forma BP from Invasions.  I don't really care so much about Kavat Genetic codes myself... I just threw it in there for the Alerts crowd. I remember it was a possible Alert reward.

I think Nitain makes sense because it's a crafting ingredient and Invasions are all about elusive crafting ingredients!

25 minutes ago, nslay said:

You can already rarely get Forma BP from Invasions. 

I didn't say Forma BP, I said Forma. 

I haven't even done the Kubrow quest yet, but some people are really into that stuff so more power to them. 

I just think asking for rare mod drops and Vandal weapons is a little too much for a weekly guaranteed reward. Sure, we need to come up with a different source for them but I don't think this is the venue. Those I would rather be goals to reach than random drops in an event. 

29 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I just think asking for rare mod drops and Vandal weapons

There are more Wraith weapons than Vandal weapons available in Invasions. They should balance this IMO.

EDIT: The rare mods angle comes from Sentient invasions... the Conculyst particularly drops very rare mods (0.4% drop rate). It's not a reward from the Invasion itself.

I absolutely agree that invasions should be expanded; it has the greatest potential but is super lackluster. I mean just look at these beautiful setpieces made by the Art team:

A18Fbns.jpg

SUJqug9.jpg

2zNWCHj.jpg

I'm sitting in Archwing looking at these amazing skyboxes of space battles, but there aren't any actually in the game. Fomorian is just a 2-minute mission of shooting at a core. Razorback is just a bigger Jackal. Railjack is just a bunch of Exterminate missions. Liches are just a side mini-boss bloated with RNG.

Invasions really could be great: huge space battles involving Railjack, Archwing, Invasion tilesets, Liches. The ultimate connection between all the content islands! But in my dreams only lol.

I think Expanding on invasions is a great idea, and I think is something DE could do with relatively minimal effort, but would feel very fresh and engaging, and helps to tie things together instead of being 'islands of content' which is a criticism they've had that they have said they want to remedy. The invasions we have are old and outdated. I think tying it in with the sorte, is a way to change up both things without even doing much except creating a fresh interface, like @PublikDomain suggested. Just putting another tab that gave a 'factions' view of the starchart (probably with color blobs somewhat like the Lich 'kuva' blood to show who controls what), with all the nodes greyed out except the ones where the 'front lines' are at, which would be the invasions nodes we have already, basically--maybe we have some extra awards as mentioned, maybe you get a currency for completing the node that you can use with a Corpus/Grineer General for invasion rewards or something else cool (depending on which side you are on). Adding sentient attacks also sounds amazing! Adding War parts and even moving Little Duck's Anomaly shop to it's reward bank could make a lot of sense. Making the Sortie take place on a node in the 'front line' would be a good way to tie it in. Really this idea just consolidates a lot of things that already exist into a more interesting and cohesive mechanic.

On 2021-01-15 at 8:41 PM, nslay said:

some of those weapons that require Forma as an ingredient... I just don't understand how you can justify that.

Yeah I never built those... 

Some of them require 2 Forma... Like the Synapse... Again... Still haven't Built that one... Probably never will... I don't need the MR....

Add more reward types (Kuva, Nitain, Kavat Genetic Codes, and more Corpus Vandal weapons)

I'm against this on the bases of Diluting drop Tables....

Really, it's just weapon parts and Mutagen Masses/Detonite Injectors/Fieldrons... very rarely Catalyst/Reactor/Exilus Adapter/BUILT Forma.

One must be Specific !!! 😱

27 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

One must be Specific !!! 😱

I listed what they currently reward. They've never ever rewarded built Catalysts/Reactors/Exilus Adapter/Forma. They're always been blueprint rewards.

28 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I'm against this on the bases of Diluting drop Tables....

I assume you know that Invasions technically have no drop table. You run 3 missions and you get the listed thing for the side you took with 100% certainty.

As for randomized invasion missions... I think it's more like the current possible rewards would be diluting the drop table rather than the more valuable stuff I listed 😁. I mean, which would you want more? Guaranteed Nitain or guaranteed 3x Detonite Injectors?

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

I assume you know that Invasions technically have no drop table. You run 3 missions and you get the listed thing for the side you took with 100% certainty.

Indeed I do....

But I don't know if there's a limit on How many invasions can be active at any given time or how the Rewards are decided....

12 minutes ago, nslay said:

As for randomized invasion missions... I think it's more like the current possible rewards would be diluting the drop table rather than the more valuable stuff I listed 😁. I mean, which would you want more? Guaranteed Nitain or guaranteed 3x Detonite Injectors?

Both 😮 !!!

It sucks that you can't do a single invasion 9 Times to get both Rewards (6 to build up a Buffer on one side and 3 to get the reward for the other side)... Yes I actually tried this once.... 

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

But I don't know if there's a limit on How many invasions can be active at any given time or how the Rewards are decided....

Well, there aren't very many currently. But there are often numerous Infested invasions! Upward to 4-5 nodes on one or two planets concurrently! Then there will be 1-3 Corpus vs Grineer invasions for weapon parts/materials.

There's a really awful UI issue with invasions. You'll often find the UI assumes the planet's panel is larger than it actually is (especially for those numerous Infested invasions). So if you try to hover your mouse over another planet panel below that one, it will expand the panel above instead! Very annoying...

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

There's a really awful UI issue with invasions. You'll often find the UI assumes the planet's panel is larger than it actually is (especially for those numerous Infested invasions). So if you try to hover your mouse over another planet panel below that one, it will expand the panel above instead! Very annoying...

Oh yes I'm very familiar with this Issue.... For the longest time it made me think those nodes at the bottom were just Borderline Undoable.... 😱 !!! 

Turns out you can just go to the actual Planet and start the invasion there....

Archived