Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Damage

Definitely_Not_Symon

Question

8 answers to this question

The problem with the Thumper enemies is not just having a weapon that does good damage, but also having a means by which to prevent them from hiding their last good leg.

Personally, I tend to hunt them with Rhino, use a Sarpa with Shattering Impact to remove their armor before hitting them with either a Catchmoon secondary or a sniper primary built for crit and radiation, and use Stomp and Magus Lockdown to keep them from hiding the last leg.

6 hours ago, Definitely_Not_Symon said:

What gun should I build/mod for the most single bullet damage for enemies like this? Prefer no rivens required.

Well.... The Tombfinger and Phantasma are AoE weapons I bet dollars to donuts that the Thumper's Hurtbox is just ignoring those effects like Nullifier's do....

So that leaves the Ignis and Soma Prime.... These weapons hose down enemies and with the way the Thumper moves it's possible that you just can keep the hose in Target long enough to deal damage. That plus the Soma Prime has really low Base Damage anyway... It's dated.

So... What you need is a hard hitting Crit Weapon the deal it's damage in large chunks.... Modded for Radiation Damage.... On top of that you'l also want some form of Armor Stripping.... It's immune to Status so Corrosive won't work.... So Shattering Impact on a Melee weapon of your choice...use Math to determine how many Hits you'l need for a Partial Strip....

Or just Strip all of it and hit it with a Crap ton of Electric Damage...

Last but not least.... You're gonna want to fined some way to Slow that bastard down.... Nova and Rhino can do this with their 4th Abilities.... 

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Last but not least.... You're gonna want to fined some way to Slow that bastard down.... Nova and Rhino can do this with their 4th Abilities.... 

Another way I do it, I have all focus schools completed so some players may not have this, what I use to slow down the Thumper, I use Zenurik focus school and Temporal Blast [Void Blast slows enemies by 80% for 15 seconds]

13 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Another way I do it, I have all focus schools completed so some players may not have this, what I use to slow down the Thumper, I use Zenurik focus school and Temporal Blast [Void Blast slows enemies by 80% for 15 seconds]

Since Zenurik is popular I consider it a Fair Recommendation.

I wonder if Harrow can chain up Thumpers.... It would be nice since Condemn Freezes Enemies completely rather than Slowing them down.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Since Zenurik is popular I consider it a Fair Recommendation.

I wonder if Harrow can chain up Thumpers.... It would be nice since Condemn Freezes Enemies completely rather than Slowing them down.

Never tried it with Harrow, sounds plausible. 

What sucks about hitting Thumpers with Temporal Blast is if you hit them at the wrong time, if you hit them as they jump it's like damn now I have to stand here and wait for it to come back down, while it floats around up there impersonating a hot air balloon.

/Fun fact hit them with a nukor/kuva nukor it's fun making them grow quite large, or just a leg.

Archived