Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small changes that will make Warframe life easy

(PSN)Muralivilla

I had made a small list of QoL that are very much needed in Warframe.

>>>Open for correction and removal.<<<

Index points to be highlighted like reactant(void trace). (longing to have this feature)

·       So the request is to highlight the dropped index points.

·       Like marker that we get for void trace.

WHY: to easily spot the points and have a varied gameplay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simulacrum to show DPS Damage dealt (HIGH PRIORITY)

·       Request is to show the damage dealt like what we can see in DMC and Monster Hunter training base.

WHY: It helps to calculate DPS. Which is very important for Warframe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Controller customization loadout 1,2,3... (need this pretty badly)

·       Request to provide different controller customization. (like a loadout)

WHY: It helpful for various gamestyles. (like Redeemer heavy based, Glaive heavy based, eidolon based)

Its very painful to click R3 continously.

Eximus/Leech to be Highlighted or marked with indicator on top of the HUD. (most necessary)

·       This topic has been addressed so many times.

·       If DE’s answer is, “it is indented to be the way it is now”.

·       Then I request for a companion mod/feature/passive to include “companion to reveal 'n' number of eximus within ‘X’ range.”

·       If you make a warframe mod then it’s not a fix for the issue it’s a punishment.

Loadout for operator or Operator gears to be tied with the Warframe loadout (need this very much)

·       Its not like everytime we play with the same Amp and same Arcane.

·       I need a loadout that I could use for Eidolon and Normal Mission.

·       We have a separate loadout for Eidolon. So allowing us to customize the operator gear in the loadout will be of great usefulness. Or provide separate loadout for operator

Forma to now open an option to choose which CONFIG you want to apply it. (helpful)

·       So as the header says forma to let us choose which config we want to apply the forma on.

·       So the player can choose it to be all the CONFIG or ones of their choice.

WHY: we can’t build an optimal frame for both str & range based and effi & duration based with their polarity having conflict. Right now we can only go with what choice is left.

With this change we have wide range of gamestyle. If this QoL is denied then the only option we have to own another warframe and players forced to buy slot for it.

If that’s the case then DE must provide free slot for owning same warframe in the Inventory

Smeeta buffs to have unique icons

WHY: to concentrate more in the game and avoid frequently checking the buffs

To point out openly i want to know if CHARM is activated

Feature to locks weapon sets, Warframe sets for Trading with player and selling at KIOSK for Ducat.

·       The request is to provide a lock feature that will allow us to pair the weapons parts and warframe parts as a set.

WHY: So they don’t appear in the Kiosk while we try to sell and we can select directly the sets while we are trying to sell for Plat(trade) to other players.

Arbitration drone points to be highlighted like vitus essence.

·       To easily spot them while fighting huge crowd and revive fallen tenno

WHY: to avoid dying looking for points on the floor.

Provide a sound for choosing/starting a mission and while clicking ready button (helpful)

·       Right now when a squad mate chooses a mission and the other players are clicking the ready button there is no sound cue that lets us know that everyone is ready.

·       Kindly provide a sound(track) that indicates the initiation and ready state.

let us move/tilt market and codex console. 

·       It helps us avoid empty spaces and make more room for decorations.

·       Especially the front end could get more space for decoration.

XL size decoration dolls 😊

Why not create a XL sized dolls that we could place in a corner of the orbiter it will looks so nice.

Who is extracting? is it host?

·       To notify players that host is leaving. So I will also extract

WHY: to avoid host migration

Star chart to have top 5 favorite nodes search option

·       This request I saw in the forum which was addressed by a person who had phobia with planet shapes.

·       Also considering the slow animation we request for a List to have a fast pace gaming.

·       Also top 5 favorite nodes for a easy access. search option to easily filter and find the nodes. (like all nightmare missions, all capture missions etc)

Toggle between prime and normal in the foundry. (low priority)

Just provide a toggle that will allow us to choose either All or Normal or Prime

RJ tactical map to stay in the centre and to be little big; (low priority)

·       Map moves up and down as you go to rear and front end of the ship, sometimes the warp points are beyond the cursors reach. And sometimes all the warp points are cluster at one spot(guess it needs a fix)

·       Can’t identify the fire and sealings with the current map and their colour. Need a customization. (yellow will help). Can’t complain my eyes

If you read though all of them thanks :D 

Which one would you like to have in game and what not.

Want to add any more points? or want to remove any let me know. ;)

4 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Index points to be highlighted like reactant(void trace). (longing to have this feature)

·       So the request is to highlight the dropped index points.

·       Like marker that we get for void trace.

WHY: to easily spot the points and have a varied gameplay.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Arbitration drone points to be highlighted like vitus essence.

·       To easily spot them while fighting huge crowd and revive fallen tenno

WHY: to avoid dying looking for points on the floor.

I actually like these being unmarked, but then again I like most objectives being less marked. I am fine with Vitus, though since it is a resource. To me it adds to the game that not everything is marked, since I prefer looking at the game and not the UI. I would be happy with them adding a "Show Objectives" toggle in the interface option menu.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Simulacrum to show DPS (HIGH PRIORITY)

·       Request is to show the damage dealt like what we can see in DMC and Monster Hunter training base.

WHY: It helps to calculate DPS. Which is very important for Warframe.

Personally think this should be a very low priority, I dislike it when people are overly focused on having META equipment. I also agree with the idea that people should spend as little time in the simulacrum as possible and rather focusing on playing the rest of the game. However, I don't really care whether it is implemented or not, just think it should not be high priority.

Controller customization loadout 1,2,3... (need this pretty badly)

·       Request to provide different controller customization. (like a loadout)

WHY: It helpful for various gamestyles. (like Redeemer heavy based, Glaive heavy based, eidolon based)

Sounds good. As long as it is not stored on their servers, causing them to have slots you would have to buy. I don't think there are many people that need this feature as much as you seem to, but sure, why not.

Eximus/Leech to be Highlighted or marked with indicator on top of the HUD. (most necessary)

·       This topic has been addressed so many times.

·       If DE’s answer is, “it is indented to be the way it is now”.

·       Then I request for a companion mod/feature/passive to include “companion to reveal 'n' number of eximus within ‘X’ range.”

·       If you make a warframe mod then it’s not a fix for the issue it’s a punishment.

If this were implemented, perhaps they should buff them a bit, if they stand out more, they should also be able to put up a bit more of a fight. If it is just an indication in your status effects (such as energy drain), then I think no changes would be needed for them. They already somewhat stand out due to the effects they have around them, just not on the minimap, personally think that is enough.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Loadout for operator or Operator gears to be tied with the Warframe loadout (need this very much)

·       Its not like everytime we play with the same Amp and same Arcane.

·       I need a loadout that I could use for Eidolon and Normal Mission.

·       We have a separate loadout for Eidolon. So allowing us to customize the operator gear in the loadout will be of great usefulness. Or provide separate loadout for operator

Sounds good, perhaps increase the operator loadouts to 5 to have 1 per school.

Forma to now open an option to choose which CONFIG you want to apply it. (helpful)

·       So as the header says forma to let us choose which config we want to apply the forma on.

·       So the player can choose it to be all the CONFIG or ones of their choice.

WHY: we can’t build an optimal frame for both str & range based and effi & duration based with their polarity having conflict. Right now we can only go with what choice is left.

With this change we have wide range of gamestyle. If this QoL is denied then the only option we have to own another warframe and players forced to buy slot for it.

If that’s the case then DE must provide free slot for owning same warframe in the Inventory

I used to think this would be a good idea, similar to universal forma, but have come to disagree, Forma is a trade off, allowing you to increase the amount of effective mod capacity you can use while limiting the amount of builds you can run. Also in the long term the WF slots are not that expensive if you are creating more and more forma'd builds. I have 3 Inaroses for different formas and there are some who have 9+ other frames due to different very specific builds they wanted.

Smeeta buffs to have unique icons

WHY: to concentrate more in the game and avoid frequently checking the buffs

To point out openly i want to know if CHARM is activated

Any time, more informative icons are always a plus.

Feature to locks weapon sets, Warframe sets for Trading with player and selling at KIOSK for Ducat.

·       The request is to provide a lock feature that will allow us to pair the weapons parts and warframe parts as a set.

WHY: So they don’t appear in the Kiosk while we try to sell and we can select directly the sets while we are trying to sell for Plat(trade) to other players.

Can be nice, but seems too focused around producing plat. I would say a toggle to hide all unmastered/unbuilt items would be a great addition.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Provide a sound for choosing/starting a mission and while clicking ready button (helpful)

·       Right now when a squad mate chooses a mission and the other players are clicking the ready button there is no sound cue that lets us know that everyone is ready.

·       Kindly provide a sound(track) that indicates the initiation and ready state.

Sounds good.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

let us move/tilt market and codex console. 

·       It helps us avoid empty spaces and make more room for decorations.

·       Especially the rear end could get more space for decoration.

All for it.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

XL size decoration dolls 😊

Why not create a XL sized dolls that we could place in a corner of the orbiter it will looks so nice.

Yeah, perhaps just have a scale option on all decorations, including articulas.

Who is extracting? is it host?

·       To notify players that host is leaving. So I will also extract

WHY: to avoid host migration

Yep, would be nice, not too difficult to do currently, though, just checking the map and the numbers in the top right menu.

Star chart to have top 5 favorite nodes

·       This request I saw in the forum which was addressed by a person who had phobia with planet shapes.

·       Also considering the slow animation we request for a List to have a fast pace gaming.

·       Also top 5 favorite nodes for a easy access.

A list of all the nodes for a person like you mentioned, sure. Adding the ability to skip the slow animations, sure. 5 Favourite nodes, probably not. Much of the design is there to try and get the player to play more different missions, so having a favourites list sort of goes against that.

Toggle between prime and normal in the foundry. (low priority)

Just provide a toggle that will allow us to choose either All or Normal or Prime

Would searching "Prime" not be enough? But, why not, similar to Mastered and Owned, this can be in every menu.

RJ tactical map to stay in the centre and to be little big; (low priority)

·       Map moves up and down as you go to rear and front end of the ship, sometimes the warp points are beyond the cursors reach. And sometimes all the warp points are cluster at one spot(guess it needs a fix)

·       Can’t identify the fire and sealings with the current map and their colour. Need a customization. (yellow will help). Can’t complain my eyes

Yep, makes sense, there is no reason for the map to move around due to its size not being too large for the screen. No idea what you mean by the hazard colouring, is this a colour blind issue?

If you read though all of them thanks :D 

Which one would you like to have in game and what not.

Want to add any more points? or want to remove any let me know. ;)

Well, there it is, my thoughts. Feel free to argue against my points, I can be a bit contrarian at times.

I would ask, re: smeeta, to allow us to put charm on different pets. Why is this smeeta only? It is such an important mod that there is rarely ever a reason to use a different pet.

Its stuff like this which makes me question the developers. Why spend so much time and energy on new pets/companions when they know we are just going to keep using smeeta?

32 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

I would ask, re: smeeta, to allow us to put charm on different pets. Why is this smeeta only? It is such an important mod that there is rarely ever a reason to use a different pet.

Its stuff like this which makes me question the developers. Why spend so much time and energy on new pets/companions when they know we are just going to keep using smeeta?

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I almost never run kavats. I run my first bred kubrow for most missions, followed by my moa. When doing eidolons, I run adarza. My smeeta is sadly a bit abandoned, sorry Eve. xD

I'd also like to see a filter for the star-chart. I'm not familiar with every nodes mission type and hovering over every node on the chart until I find the one I want to play is a little annoying so if I had the ability to filter nodes by mission type, that would be cool. 

2 hours ago, TheAvidoZ said:

I'd also like to see a filter for the star-chart. I'm not familiar with every nodes mission type and hovering over every node on the chart until I find the one I want to play is a little annoying so if I had the ability to filter nodes by mission type, that would be cool. 

Thats a Good point there are times when I had struggled to find the particular type of mission in a planet

On 2021-01-18 at 9:33 AM, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

Star chart to have top 5 favorite nodes

1/star chart to have a search!! so when I type .. nightmare, capture a list of planets / nodes that are nightmare and capture are shown for me to easily select. (specially since the different colored containers known as planets are mostly meaningless)

2/finally fix the bug when the "session not found" happens stopping players from queuing for missions?

On 2021-01-19 at 1:14 AM, PhiThagRaid said:

Personally think this should be a very low priority, I dislike it when people are overly focused on having META equipment. I also agree with the idea that people should spend as little time in the simulacrum as possible and rather focusing on playing the rest of the game. However, I don't really care whether it is implemented or not, just think it should not be high priority.

maybe i should rephrase from DPS to Damage dealt.

I have some example of why we need this, 

1) to compare how much damage we deal with a mod and without a mod. It can even be weapon augment mod or element mod

2) damage result of operator with arcane and without arcane.

so basically I want to see how much damage I dealt for a shot and what are the status proc'ed.

As in the below Topic it is difficult to spot White numbers. and white numbers are the one that appear when you are unmodded. Now that I'm at the endgame content, I spend more time in simulacrum checking everything.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Muralivilla said:

maybe i should rephrase from DPS to Damage dealt.

I have some example of why we need this, 

1) to compare how much damage we deal with a mod and without a mod. It can even be weapon augment mod or element mod

2) damage result of operator with arcane and without arcane.

so basically I want to see how much damage I dealt for a shot and what are the status proc'ed.

As in the below Topic it is difficult to spot White numbers. and white numbers are the one that appear when you are unmodded. Now that I'm at the endgame content, I spend more time in simulacrum checking everything.

I guess my disagreement mostly comes from the motive behind implementing such systems.

If it is about transparency, allowing you to confirm that stats shown in the modding screen are correct and allowing you to understand exactly how each part of the damage system interacts with one another, then I have no complaints.

If it were to be about just getting big numbers, I think it would be a bad reason to add such a feature.

With a transparent system, you would ultimately not need to interact with the Simulacrum to be able to figure out exactly the amount of damage you would do with each mod set up to each enemy.

Regarding the difficult to see damage numbers, I would be in favour of allowing an option to only let damage numbers appear above the enemy, instead of at the point of impact. We already have an option to turn off numbers, so moving their location seems like another logical option to have.

For testing purposes, I would be happy with more options to force certain things to be active such as the arcanes you mention (Both captura and simulacrum would be nice) Eg. I have another thread dedicated to highest possible groundspeed solo, it would be nice to remove human error in my tests and force Infested Mobility, Volt Speed or any other ability or effect to constantly be active. (This would probably be a lot of work to implement, though. Perhaps just an "Always active" toggle below every mod/arcane/ability in the arsenal menu) Applying effects to enemies or yourself would also be a nice addition. (Perhaps each with a base damage, proc type and timer till activated)

13 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

star chart to have a search!! so when I type .. nightmare, capture a list of planets / nodes that are nightmare and capture are shown for me to easily select. (specially since the different colored containers known as planets are mostly meaningless)

how about also when the "session not found" happens, make it so it doesn't stop players from queuing for missions ?

I did not understand the session not found part. but search option is still a Good point.

every now and again I join for a mission I get a "session not found" error, or host disconnected or whatever and when it happens the game will not allow joining another mission unless you visit a none combat area first, its a bug that has been around forever! I am sure they must have had hundreds of reports about it but it still persists just saying fixing that bug would be great QOL change ^^

14 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

every now and again I join for a mission I get a "session not found" error, or host disconnected or whatever and when it happens the game will not allow joining another mission unless you visit a none combat area first, its a bug that has been around forever! I am sure they must have had hundreds of reports about it but it still persists just saying fixing that bug would be great QOL change ^^

I guess its a PC related bug. I haven't faced it in console.

Archived