Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do Solaris people reproduce?

VisionAndVoice

3 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

The way I see it, a lot of wealthy eccentric families exist today, there have even been a few on my small slice of the world. Some of them are pretty reclusive by choice, while others by the society around them. Here are a few examples from my neck of the world. 1 2 3 4 

For all we know having that sort of family bonding might be viewed by the Orokin of that era as an cultural faux pas, worthy of shunning the entire clan. (I mean having twins was considered horrific, right?) 🤷‍♂️    

I agree that the Entrati family were perhaps not the best exemplars of Orokin culture and society.

5 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Pretty sure I heard some in a relay talking about a plan to get their child a position that would allow them to pay off the family debts in time. Can't remember the details.

Here is the line:

"Oh, we've got plans, see? Our youngest – we're not gettin' him modded. No rig, see? Gonna use the money to get him educated, get him placed in the establishment. Twenty, maybe thirty years from now, we'll have family on the inside, doin' us favours! That's how we're gettin' debt-clear!"

You can find other Solaris Civilian dialogue here: https://www.orokinarchives.com/dialogue-solaris-civilian/

2 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

When you reach rank Family with the Entrati, Kermerros (Son) says that Kaelli (Daughter) stowed away when the family went to Deimos:

Kermerros: "Kaelli wasn't even meant to be here. She stowed away, not wanting to be left out of the adventure. Somehow still as sweet as ever, she is my greatest sorrow. My parents' too, I know."

This means that, prior to this, the Entrati family did not live on Deimos. We know that Albrecht left before Gomaitru, his daughter, met her husband and started a family, so that means that the Entrati moved to Deimos after Albrecht left.

Vilcor: "When I met her, Mother, she was as brilliant as she was broken. Chasing her father's ghost, convinced he was still 'out there'."

Ergo, Albrecht and his lab were probably not on Deimos.

Of course, the Heart is on Deimos, and there is a section of the Cambion Drift named Albrecht's Prospect. My assumption is that the Entrati took the Heart with them when they moved. Albrecht's Prospect is possibly named after him posthumously, but another possibility is that Albrecht did in fact spend some time on Deimos, perhaps as a vacation spot or secondary research site, which would explain why his family moved there after he left/died. We are still left with the deduction that the Entrati family lived somewhere else at one point and then moved to Deimos.

Ok I can see that. Thanks for the answer.

2 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

I agree that the Entrati family were perhaps not the best exemplars of Orokin culture and society.

Here is the line:

"Oh, we've got plans, see? Our youngest – we're not gettin' him modded. No rig, see? Gonna use the money to get him educated, get him placed in the establishment. Twenty, maybe thirty years from now, we'll have family on the inside, doin' us favours! That's how we're gettin' debt-clear!"

You can find other Solaris Civilian dialogue here: https://www.orokinarchives.com/dialogue-solaris-civilian/

Yeah, that is the one. 👍

Archived