Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Command intrinsic ?

(PSN)SlyFox5679

so with corpus railjack and command intrinsic coming soon how is it going to work exactly with if you want one of the NPC's you hire to pilot your railjack ?

if thats even an option will the NPC pilot your ship to objectives only or will it try to gather resources for you or what ?

further more will it be able to control your forward artillary and blow up crewships for you ?

would you be able to send the NPC's to board crewships or galleons ?

the only things i can think of atm is if they use the side guns would be pretty simple just point and shoot and engineering they would go by a certain percentage when to pop a forge for resupply.

Well.. to avoid disappointment i just tell myself they probably will be like specter; following you doing nothing for all the mission, same AI of "Pac-man ghost", same damage of lvl 1 pobber, and if you want to give them a task you should go to the menù and manually tell them to do things, cause do useful things automatically is too much complicated. The things they could do of course will be extremely basilar: repair, attack boarders and use the lateral guns. Maybe you could sent them to the foundry to do something... but i'm not completely sure they'll implement somenthing too useful. 

This is what i think command will do. 

I hope this "crew" will be really useful and not just a dumb bot trolling around....

9 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Well.. to avoid disappointment i just tell myself they probably will be like specter; following you doing nothing for all the mission, same AI of "Pac-man ghost", same damage of lvl 1 pobber, and if you want to give them a task you should go to the menù and manually tell them to do things, cause do useful things automatically is too much complicated. The things they could do of course will be extremely basilar: repair, attack boarders and use the lateral guns. Maybe you could sent them to the foundry to do something... but i'm not completely sure they'll implement somenthing too useful. 

This is what i think command will do. 

I hope this "crew" will be really useful and not just a dumb bot trolling around....

sadly that sounds about right lol. i really want this command to be good and to make solo railjack easier.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

you say that and yet when i play with randoms 9 out of 10 times nobody knows how to handle the forge properly to refill things while i pilot all they do is patch holes and waste revolite. 

When other payers just make it harder, it's easier solo :P I see now that you already mentioned solo...

1 hour ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

and that is why i hope command will be the answer because i don't wanna go from pilot seat to running to forge to refill everything lol

While it would be nice if the command intrinsic allowed to dump solo railjack's forge and repair duties on specters, I'm a bit worried about how DE might implement that.

If you put a specter on repair duty, will they try to patch every hole? Or would you be able to tell it what type of hazards to ignore?

If you put a specter on forge duty, will they wait until you've used 2 dome charges? (or 8 rockets? or 150 revolite?) Or will they forge more of a consumable whenever it's not at max, wasting tons of resources?

While I am looking forward to seeing what the command intrinsic turns out to be, I suspect it might take DE several updates before it becomes fully usable. I really hope to be proven wrong here though...

4 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

While it would be nice if the command intrinsic allowed to dump solo railjack's forge and repair duties on specters, I'm a bit worried about how DE might implement that.

If you put a specter on repair duty, will they try to patch every hole? Or would you be able to tell it what type of hazards to ignore?

If you put a specter on forge duty, will they wait until you've used 2 dome charges? (or 8 rockets? or 150 revolite?) Or will they forge more of a consumable whenever it's not at max, wasting tons of resources?

While I am looking forward to seeing what the command intrinsic turns out to be, I suspect it might take DE several updates before it becomes fully usable. I really hope to be proven wrong here though...

well for repairs i would think they would have priority system, yellow-fire/electric would be minor, breaches would be more major and the critical breaches where your ship will blow up is mandatory repair. 

they could let you set ammo amounts of when they should refill your ammo. 

the only problem i could think of is galleons and having to board it to do objectives and either spectres may not work because they just won't survive or spectres piloting may suck while you are doing galleons.

It's definitely going to be...interesting. There is so much to consider - I know that from the start you only get one crew member, and need to upgrade Command to get more. Maybe crew members won't actually know how to repair breaches or use the forge from the beginning? Level 10 Command might be that they can fly the Railjack for you. but I wonder what other upgrades we will get?

There will be a whole new section dedicated to managing and customising your crew which DE showed in a preview not long ago, so crew members might have their own stats like 'engineer', 'pilot', 'gunner', and then you can level them up individually to be able to handle different things e.g engineers learn to fix 'fires, breaches, catastrophic failures' but gunners learn to use 'turrets, munitions, artillery'. So you might have a crew with no engineers, but there are always people on the guns, or the opposite where there are engineers (but if they have nothing to do they might just guard the ship from boarders or try to use side guns).

I'm not expecting it to work perfectly on release, but I'm glad they're doing it, because they said they would.

22 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

It's definitely going to be...interesting. There is so much to consider - I know that from the start you only get one crew member, and need to upgrade Command to get more. Maybe crew members won't actually know how to repair breaches or use the forge from the beginning? Level 10 Command might be that they can fly the Railjack for you. but I wonder what other upgrades we will get?

There will be a whole new section dedicated to managing and customising your crew which DE showed in a preview not long ago, so crew members might have their own stats like 'engineer', 'pilot', 'gunner', and then you can level them up individually to be able to handle different things e.g engineers learn to fix 'fires, breaches, catastrophic failures' but gunners learn to use 'turrets, munitions, artillery'. So you might have a crew with no engineers, but there are always people on the guns, or the opposite where there are engineers (but if they have nothing to do they might just guard the ship from boarders or try to use side guns).

I'm not expecting it to work perfectly on release, but I'm glad they're doing it, because they said they would.

I thought i heard that DE mentioned maybe using liches as crew on railjack as well which could be good but we'll have to see about that.

Archived