Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Leecher Problem With Invasion.

Ketec

Couldnt you make the invasions so that you MUST reach the extraction for it to count?

right now 10 games - 7 of them had 1 leecher semiafk at  the start (wont ge tafk flagged - they move a little once in a while it seems). And one game had even TWO leechers.

Can you blame them? Who really finds grinding the same 5 minute mission 100 times fun at all?

Yes, we can. Why should others grind for you? What kind of attitude is that? Why should not putting in an effort being rewarded?

Look, we know by now this is a grinding game, but there's rewards too, so we grind. If you can't deal with thatr, go play Dora the Explorer or find some other instant gratification game.

(and "you" in this case not being "Xoxile" ofcourse)

Thats nothing, i was in a couple of rounds where all 3 were afking (srlsy)... i just ran some circles around them to see if they would move, they didnt not so i dc'ed ^^

But it's really not suprising that ppl do this, has DE learned nothing? This event is one of the grindiest yet =/

Can you blame them? Who really finds grinding the same 5 minute mission 100 times fun at all?

spacefarmers.jpg

Edited by DitsyPixie

Quick idea for those of you complaining about leechers:

Every BODY in a mission helps your side's score. I am gladly dragging 3 "leechers" through runs all day every day. Why? That's +4 to my side's score. Thanks.

PS: All missions can be solo'ed.

Abuse! Abuse! Abuse!

They are incredibly annoying.

Majority of games I've played recently had at least one dragging us down.

How would be abuse if you require the majority of other players to agree to kick?

Yeah, they can kick noobs too, but then if all the team is so an A****** they will simply rush ahead and let him burn his revives before he ragequits.

Is that so better than just getting kicked and having to find a squad of more sporting players?

nearly ever player i know can solo this missions with no problem. and most of the time you run in empty rooms. aoe spamers with new mods kill everything faster then you can aim.

the problem is not the leechers. the problem is boring content and mission rewards are very poor.

leechers are teachers for de. they show mistakes in game design.

How would be abuse if you require the majority of other players to agree to kick?

Yeah, they can kick noobs too, but then if all the team is so an A****** they will simply rush ahead and let him burn his revives before he ragequits.

Is that so better than just getting kicked and having to find a squad of more sporting players?

I feel that some people may use the kick function to kick people who have playstyles that annoy them.

Example, I don't stay near the cryopod in defence missions. I haven't done anything wrong, but people yell at me for it.

I also feel people may just not use the system at all. Example, I've been in games with leechers and questioned them about it, and other people in the game have just said "Doesn't bother me."

I'd never be able to remove the leecher, because majority would not rule. So I'd still be stuck with the choice of staying in the game, or leaving and finding another.

Just my thoughts on it.

Kick system could work.

I don't know *Shrugs*

Yes it's a very good point that we shouldn't have to carry their weight. But what I said was an attempt to take a stab at DE's countless mistakes.

Any suggestions then?

Because people attack DE because the game is a grind but what game ISNT a grind? All games consists of doing stuff again and again.

You want them to hide it better? OK suggest away.

They offer 3 tiers of rewards...... you dont need to get all the rewards, do you? If you do 25 you get 2 things already.

But you want to get all rewards and you dont want to spend that much time doing it so it's DE's fault somehow...

The event is one week long, that's 14 missions at day plus two extra.

By the way.... there have been 14 battle which you need to do at least 5 missions for the battle pay and if you have done this for every battle that has ended so far that means that you have done 75 games. If you have done at least 5 missions for all the battles including the ones currently happening, 19 total, that means you have done 95 missions already.

So did you notice this?

Doing the minimum amount of mission per battle so far  with 3 1/2 days left for the event should leave you 5 mission away from the top reward. 

Couldnt you make the invasions so that you MUST reach the extraction for it to count?

right now 10 games - 7 of them had 1 leecher semiafk at  the start (wont ge tafk flagged - they move a little once in a while it seems). And one game had even TWO leechers.

Why bother even moving when you have a rusher using max speed, zorens and pressing 4 to kill everything in each room?

I don't even bother sprinting anymore, I just let the rusher do all the work while casually making my way to the exit, they can wait for me. I could zorencopter everywhere sure, but the rushers seem to wanna show their e-peen, so I let them have their moment of glory.

Besides, without zorencoptering, I never get a chance to kill even one enemy, the rushers make my job much easier. I still wait for the day when I see in the patch notes that the speed exploit from weapons are gone and the speed boost from sliding has been fixed to slow you down instead of making you faster.

Edited by __Kanade__

I feel that some people may use the kick function to kick people who have playstyles that annoy them.

I see that as a good thing, actually. Being able to kick idiots would be a dream come true. (not talking about your stuff in Defence missions, I have a long list of dudes doing moronic things in my games)

I also feel people may just not use the system at all. Example, I've been in games with leechers and questioned them about it, and other people in the game have just said "Doesn't bother me."

Which is why the system is relatively fair. It enforces what the other two or three players think, or what the Host thinks if there are only two players.

Take it with human nature for not agreeing on anything.

Any suggestions then?

Because people attack DE because the game is a grind but what game ISNT a grind? All games consists of doing stuff again and again.

maybe doing stuff that actually require the people to play as a team and not just spamming room-cleaning atomic farts and rushing around?

Maybe not making events that require the players to do obsessively missions in as little time possible to even have some kind of chance to get what they actually want instead of getting S#&$ from the faction they didn't support?

I'm throwing it around, Alien Swarm. It was a simple (free) game on Steam and wasn't particularly successful, but you needed a whole team to get to the end of a mission at decent difficulty levels, and everyone had their place.

Here is my simple suggestion:

nerf HEAVILY all damage dealt by room-clearing atomic fart abilities.

fix zoren-coptering, don't allow the stamina to recharge when sliding.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Here is my simple suggestion:

nerf HEAVILY all damage dealt by room-clearing atomic fart abilities.

I suggested this and my idea was shut down by all the kids that love to press one button to win. As much as I'd like this to happen, it won't.

I personally really don't find Leechers to be that big a deal. I haven't seen them often in my games, and when they are there, it doesn't make that big a difference, we just end up having to wait for 50 seconds extra at the end if they didn't leave the starting area. I can see how it'd be annoying if your struggling to beat the mission, but when you can rush through it in 5 minutes or less each time, it's not worth shouting at the Devs to make a fix over.

That said, I sorta agree about having to finish to make it qualify for the individual player, especially with certain mission types, but it's just not really justified here. It's nice to want a system where players can vote to kick, or make another player a host, or require other players to keep up with the party to qualify to avoid Leeching, but ultimately, matches just don't take that long, so you don't really have a need to develop some sort of complex matchmaking system or even allow players to forcibly remove unwanted players from the team, since you can just disband the team the second the 5 minute mission is over....

the only times having some sort of honor system/matchmaking system would really be desirable in Warframe is when your doing a some super gauntlet like going to wave 100 on Defense, or survival for an hour, etc. where team composition and synergy are really vital to succeed, as well as a willingness to commit for an extended period of time with good communication, etc. There just aren't a lot of circumstances that call for something this complex in Warframe, especially not this grinding event were the enemies are only level 50-60.

so that said, while it'd be nice to have some options for team control through a voting system or something, are you really willing to stop what your doing in the middle of a grinding mission to open a menu, just to vote someone out because they are a slight inconvenience? asking the devs to tac on this kind of system would require a lot of time and testing with player feedback to see if it really works, something we don't have before Oct 30th.

The thing is, you don't HAVE to grind the mission 100 times. It is a choice you make, because you want one of the guns, but not having it wouldn't prevent you to play and have fun.

And choices have consequences. Pushing those consequences on others because you're too lazy to assume them, yet unwilling to give up on the reward, IS cowardise.

Any suggestions then?

They offer 3 tiers of rewards...... you dont need to get all the rewards, do you? If you do 25 you get 2 things already.

But you want to get all rewards and you dont want to spend that much time doing it so it's DE's fault somehow...

The event is one week long, that's 14 missions at day plus two extra.

By the way.... there have been 14 battle which you need to do at least 5 missions for the battle pay and if you have done this for every battle that has ended so far that means that you have done 75 games. If you have done at least 5 missions for all the battles including the ones currently happening, 19 total, that means you have done 95 missions already.

So did you notice this?

Doing the minimum amount of mission per battle so far  with 3 1/2 days left for the event should leave you 5 mission away from the top reward.

Calm down there cowboy with a calculator. I will gladly make a suggestion. Make the event fun. If I wanted to grind 100 exterminate missions I could have done that long time ago without this event. The only ting this event added to warframe was a division of the community. Now it's WoW in space. Instead of the Alliance, and the Horde throwing insults at each other over the internet we now have people who like Corpus more, and people who like Grineer more throwing insults at each other.