Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Olympus Invasion 2.0

Llyssa

I like the idea of rhino helmet vs. rhino helmet. I really do! It's funny and cool.

However, the grineer, with their megaclan enforced lead in advantage, now ALSO have the advantage on helmets.

I don't know if anyone at DE realized this, but the Thrak has been on alert 6 times since u10, and the vanguard has only been on alert twice.

So, although, at first blush, it looks like players have a choice, the sad fact is, the grineer helmet is far more rare. So, another loot-based win for them, on one I don't think was intentionally loot-based.

I like the idea of rhino helmet vs. rhino helmet. I really do! It's funny and cool.

However, the grineer, with their megaclan enforced lead in advantage, now ALSO have the advantage on helmets.

I don't know if anyone at DE realized this, but the Thrak has been on alert 6 times since u10, and the vanguard has only been on alert twice.

So, although, at first blush, it looks like players have a choice, the sad fact is, the grineer helmet is far more rare. So, another loot-based win for them, on one I don't think was intentionally loot-based.

Don't go excusing hard-fought grineer wins as wins based solely on the reward. It downplays the effort those huge clans and dedicated players put into take a node.

The vanguard helmet is also a million times better.

Don't go excusing hard-fought grineer wins as wins based solely on the reward. It downplays the effort those huge clans and dedicated players put into take a node.

That's like a dumb joke, right? The grineer side of battles is much easier, and between the clans that are now "locked in" to grineer because of the initial rewards and the fact most of the battles have had a much better reward on the grineer side, they've won most of the battles so far.

You can pretend it's been a series of "hard-fought" wins, but none of the grineer battles so far have really required anything resembling "dedication". If you want to count thousands of 2 minute "speed runs for success" being stockpiled towards clan leaderboards as such, I guess nobody's stopping you, but honestly, no objective person would.

The rewards have determined EVERY battle so far. If the rewards are equal(something that didn't show up until much later in the event), the grineer won. If the rewards favored the grineer, the grineer won. If the rewards favored the corpus, the corpus won. Spear 2.0 looks like it *might* break this trend, eventually, but it's rather deadlocked right now.

You can't go around saying that "just because something happens 100% of the time doesn't mean it's true". You just did, but... get real.

People use Thrak helmets because they don't have vanguard helmets. 25hp is negligable in the face of 25% sprint speed. Won't even compare losing 5% speed on an already slow frame to losing 5% power. That being said, the community has largely decided to support the grineer. The Corpus have been giving better rewards lately but it's already too late. My problem is we shouldn't have had to complain for the rewards to be evened out. Most Corpus supporters have already given up or switched sides. The Grineer had a 7-2 lead before The Corpus started getting a fair shake. Not to mention Grineer Armies have had more of their units available than Corpus Armies up until this morning as far as I can see. We've had to deal with:

Scorpions, Troopers, Lancers , Elite Lancers,Scorches, Eviscerators, Shield Lancers, Heavy Gunners, Napalm, Bombards and Rollers since Friday. Corpus have been running with 
Crewmen, Elite Crewmen, Techs, MOAs, Shockwave MOAs, Railgun MOAs, Fusion MOAs and Shield Ospreys. We only got Drones THIS MORNING.

This...

Almost anything without potato's is going to Grineer.

There has been 1 exception, 1.

An example :

Grineer offer 3 Orokin cells, Corpus offer credits - Grineer win.

Corpus offer 5 Orokin Cells, Grineer offer credits - Grineer win.

The Grineer are completing more missions, end of.

That's like a dumb joke, right? The grineer side of battles is much easier, and between the clans that are now "locked in" to grineer because of the initial rewards and the fact most of the battles have had a much better reward on the grineer side, they've won most of the battles so far.

You can pretend it's been a series of "hard-fought" wins, but none of the grineer battles so far have really required anything resembling "dedication". If you want to count thousands of 2 minute "speed runs for success" being stockpiled towards clan leaderboards as such, I guess nobody's stopping you, but honestly, no objective person would.

The rewards have determined EVERY battle so far. If the rewards are equal(something that didn't show up until much later in the event), the grineer won. If the rewards favored the grineer, the grineer won. If the rewards favored the corpus, the corpus won. Spear 2.0 looks like it *might* break this trend, eventually, but it's rather deadlocked right now.

You can't go around saying that "just because something happens 100% of the time doesn't mean it's true". You just did, but... get real.

No, it isn't a joke. 

If by 'initial rewards' you mean the end of event ones, sure. If you mean the first battle payment reward. No. Most huge clans decided upon a side before the first battle payment was shown.

The factions are different. You knew this when you sided with the weaker faction. Not that their armor really matters, my armor ignoring weapons and frame powers kill both factions indiscriminately. Doing thousands of runs to win a node that is corpus (or on the flip side, Grineer-) favored is a hard fought win. It being for the leaderboards doesn't suddenly make the runs easier.

Grineer won Augustus, they were offering 5 Fieldron to the Corpus' 100k credits. Grineer are currently winning Spear, they are offering 100k credits to the Corpus' 5 Fieldron. Seems like the reward isn't all that matters.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gradivus_Dilemma

Check out the results of Grineer effort. Also, what Egg_Chen said.

Rewards have NOT determined every battle thus far. Look at what's going on with Spear right now. Fieldrons. Against Credits. And you guys are getting pushed back from what was a lead on the progress bar. I put in a ton of runs last night to help push it back to 50%. Of course, nothing is fully decided yet, but you guys are losing steam. Is that largely because of players who are only concerned with rewards? Yeah.

However, just because Grineer got an early advantage with the Catalyst print doesn't mean that reward is contributing to all of your losses right now. Looking at the history of the event, Grineer-supporters have simply been more dedicated than Corpus-supporters. Your victories on... what were they, Martialis and Quirinus...? My friend aptly described both of those conflicts as having "gone World War I." The Grineer had the Corpus fighting for the last 5% of their win for nearly 24 hours each time. And that was with superior rewards on the Corpus side.

So in that sense, you're right. None of the Grineer wins have truly been "hard fought," but that's really only because we've been progressively smashing the Corpus regardless of the rewards involved. And please, for your own sake, stop trying to bring the difficulty of the actual missions into this. As if both sides of the conflict aren't doing "speed runs" constantly. As if both sides aren't going to have players that are more ill-equipped as a result of being newer to the game and thus needing to fight harder for each run. The veteran players are going to roflstomp anything that comes their way event-wise. The newbies are gonna fight tooth and nail for every victory. The only thing you can measure effort by is the global progress bars, and for the most part those show the Grineer to be working pretty hard.

Now it's really hard for Corpus supporters to do anything, to CHANGE anything. All players that actually want potatoed weapon with free slot change sides to Grineer. Some players alrdy have 100 missions for Grineers so they stopepd playing, that's good ( that's only assumption). However, ppl still fight on Corpus side - that means strict lore, faction or just fun reasoning. I like that attitude. 

However, will this mean that Corpus supporters should regret this event totally? I don't regret it, coz it was helluwa fun to me, but devs should give Corpus-supporters this Detron no matter if they lose(not Brakk BP but Detron  BP instead). 

PS.(Some lore-play from me) : War is war! We are loosing, my brethen don't regret siding with Corpus, our ideals were correct. We tried hard to stop Grineer hegemony over Mars, to stop Slavery. I hope that others Loyalty will pay off, that our Tenno brothers were worth this prize, that they will actually change something.  :) 

Did the initial rewards have something to do with grinneer supporters getting a head start? Most likely. But to say that is the sole reason for ur succes is seriously downplaying the choices made by players. I was gonna fight to free the tenno regardless and have foregone ALL of the corpus rewards in favor of this. I know I'm not alone. Besides why can't you guys finish taking spear? What of Martialis? The corpus were gonna get stomped regardless.

A better argument would have been the grineer had the advantage since DE do elaborate on the ramifications of grineer expansion but the implications of subjugated and murdered Tenno were very clear and direct to player morality.

Doesn't explain Spear where Corpus 5 Fieldron is losing to Grineer 100k credits.

And as always, win condition is map dominance -> Corpus started with entire map -> Big advantage for Corpus there. But noone ever thinks of that... it's all about rewards.

Edited by LocoWithGun