Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hijacking enemy Crewships should be more rewarding than destroying it

Duality52

Tennocon 2019 showcased the action of hijacking enemy Crewships, but nowadays it's frowned upon outside of messing around or Nightwave challenges.

The problems in regards to hijacking a Crewship involves: time, usability, and reward. Why hijack the Crewship when it can be simply destroyed for more rewards? The Crewship, despite inheriting the Health and Armor of your Railjack, its two weapons do not scale. This leaves it very weak to use in the Veil Proxima, while Earth Proxima and Saturn Proxima are sufficient to handle with the Crewship.

As an example, the roguelike FTL (Faster Than Light) demonstrates this: clearing out the enemy crew of a ship will offer you higher than normal rewards. It could also reward you with a random crewmember, weapon, etc. Certain ships in the game capitalize this strategy, but in general it will always reward you more than destroying the ship.

To address these issues:

• Usability

The hijacked Crewship should inherit the Hyperstrike and any speed Avionics (Conic Nozzle, Ionic Boost). This allows the hijacked Crewship to keep up with the Railjack, serving as a secondary target while capable of combat even in the Veil Proxima or the future Proximas such as in Pluto.

• Reward

The Crewship should contain something hidden on board, such as Caches or an NPC you could recruit for the Command Intrinsic later on. The Crewship could reward you rare rewards such as Tellurium or other rare Star Chart resources aside from Empyrean resources. Hijacking the Crewship should reward the Railjack the amount of resources that a destroyed Crewship would normally offer, but 25% more.

• Expansive Usage

Hijacking and saving a Crewship at the end of a mission could allow us to build a "support" fleet that acts as a wingman to the Railjack. The Crewship could be customized to the player's liking, from weapons to appearance.

If possible, allow converted Kuva Liches to operate their own Gokstad Crewship to assist us during Empyrean as a choice other than them operating in our Railjacks with the Command Intrinsic.

Hey I made a similar thread an entire year ago! Maybe DE will take heed this time :^(

But yeah you're absolutely right; hijacked crewships need to scale (same goes with other things you can commandeer like PoE Dargyns and Ramparts). I like the Lich idea; just like how converted Liches can randomly spawn in missions, Liches should be randomly able to join Railjack missions by punching in with a crewship.

They're actually a lot better than an unmodded Railjack - so much so that when I first took one, I wanted to just keep the crewship and leave my crappy Railjack at home. They can facetank everything else in the mission with their enormous armour and health regen, they don't get status effects from enemies (eg. hull breaches, fires, electrical hazards) and their guns made mincemeat out of the enemy fighters (as opposed to the railjack guns, which were as effective as hurling wet paper bags).

Archived