Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor; Lost and Forgotten to Time.

Yasha-7HS

Many people will remember this weapon as the absolute top tier of the meta... of crashing people's application. 

The Simulor Series is currently just another launcher with three extra steps. It creates a vortex that does basically nothing at all, and its explosions on creation, addition, and detonation of orbs do moderate damage. 

Simulor needs an identity more than anything else, and it's close to being the bridge between a persistent effect weapon like the Mutalist Cernos and a Launcher like Penta. Lower the maximum Vortex cap to two(as to keep visual pollution to a minimum), increase its duration and allow the Vortexes to critically hit and apply status effects. Either allow the Vortexes to affect bullets similar to Turbulence, or absorb bullets to build its explosive damage. In this way, while it has slower and more clunky functionality of a launcher, and slower more nuanced functionality of a persistent AoE weapon, it applies light defense, rewards strategic placement as opposed to just spamming it everywhere, and encourages use of more than one weapon in the loadout to make it greater than the sum of its parts while not just outshining other options. 

all they have to do is literally revert it to before the last changes they made to it that just makes it a more complicated and less effective Penta.

the previous iteration of Simulor, was great. both the merging and manual Detonation were useful, and Synoid performed pretty solid overall by "having everything" you could say. high Status, solid Base Damage, AoE. all they needed to do was increase that Crit Chance up some more and it would've been a really great Weapon. a perfect Weapon if they also changed the Stagger of the merging to Stagger Enemies towards the singularity.

instead someone had the bright idea of "what if we turned this Weapon into a less effective and less reliable Penta?".

45 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

IF someone could explain to me how the darn thing works???

is my DPS source from the manual detonation? or from the Orb Merging AoE? or what? is MS bad for this thing?

in the current version of Simulor, you spam it as fast as possible to build the Vortex, then detonate it, to deal Damage.
only the Vortex does anything currently, merging was nerfed into the ground.

• 1 month later...

I may be biased because I bought a riven 20p and rolled it into something good (damage, crit damage, multishot), and I'm actually enjoying the current gameplay.

That's the build I'm currently using: https://overframe.gg/build/137392/synoid-simulor/riven-damage-crit-damage-multishot/

I'm still not sure if the last mod should be High Voltage or Stormbringer. The status chance seems pretty useless no matter how you play it, because vortex don't proc status or crit. I add elec to increase the damage of the guarantied proc when it explodes.

I would say it's nice to have multishot up to 100% (through Split Chamber or a riven).

If you play with Mirage, you will create a vortex each time you fire once, and there's no limit to the number of vortex you can create. This is due to multishot and the clones, a single shot will merge into a vortex. So with Mirage, you have to detonate them manually.

Without Mirage, I usually fire once and let it explode. If the damage isn't enough, I create a vortex with 2 shots (again, multishot). As for the damage, I may be biased again because I play it with slowva and Roar.

I saw some video where people fire and trigger the explosion manually, maybe a more active gameplay if you want to fire faster and increase your damage without creating a vortex.

The orbs also deal damage when they merge, so that's an argument for no multishot, if you want to proc multiple times before triggering the explosion. But the wiki is also wrong here, even with multishot, a single shot will explode immediately, it will not wait 20s because it merged 2 orbs.

The only thing I would change is the vortex proc. Would it be overpowered if it would proc status and crit? While they are idling, they don't do much damage, and you usually can't create new ones, so you are already losing DPS if you don't trigger them. Reduce the tick rate if that's a problem, or increase the damage per tick, because right now, the damage is too low to be relevant.

The weapon already have some downside (low range, bouncing projectile that deals no damage, low ammo economy), making it less reliant on multishot is nice and I wouldn't change that, but at least improve the vortex proc or damage while active.

Archived