Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fun Experiment 10] Mind Controlled Ferrox

STUVash

I have been meddling with Mind Control ability from Nyx alot, I found multiple ways to get a really high bonus damage on the target. Some are obvious but boring, some can be extremely powerful but are glitchy and not always working. But one thing that I did find quite fun and which I can share without fear of it being fixed is the interaction with Ferrox.

Ferrox alternate fire create an attraction field dealing electricity damage to enemies in a 10m radius, it can stays in place for 30 seconds it then comes back to you, you can also pick it up manually by moving yourself where it landed.

On its own it's already a great AoE and utility tool. Placed at the right place it can easily have high tactical value, to slow enemies down or to kill them. But it's not moving.
You can't stuck it on allies, but you can stuck it on enemies.

Unfortunately doing that will not prove very efficient.

1) the enemy comes to you, moving away from incoming enemies which are also coming to you

2) if the target dies while ferrox field was still active, ferrox gets destroyed and won't come back to you before the 30 seconds have passed. (Yes it's that ancient bug)
The target can be an enemy or an object that disappeared with ferrox attached to it. Ferrox tends to attach itself to an object if it doesn't get destroyed right on impact like snow globe from eximus.

3) Some enemies have very little survivability, like Butchers or Scorpions in the grineer faction, they'd die right away. Forcing you to hit specific targets if you actually wanted to stick it on an enemy.

That's when Nyx's Mind control comes in.

While having a high damage mind controlled enemy is fun, it's still alot of work for little results considering the AI.
If you mind control a range enemy, it fires and hits alot but move very slowly whenever it's aiming.
And if you mind control a melee enemy, it moves alot but hits very little.

These two facts tend to force Nyx players to mind control range enemy. Well not this time. For you see. While a mind controlled enemy is technically an ally, its hitbox is still one of an enemy.
This means Ferrox can get attached to it, 

The previous issues we had with ferrox and mind control are all solved here. The damage will be dealt from the mind controlled target, making Ferrox useful for the full 30 seconds. We'll be selecting a melee enemy, making the ferrox field move faster than with a range enemy. And Ferrox will make the melee enemy efficient  at his job.

PS: my favorite so far are grineer animals (drahks and hyekkas)

il y a 14 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

That's very cool. 😎 

Are there frames that can make even better use of that combo with subsumed MC?

Yes actually, you can't really buff mind control enemy with most frames. I think it can pick Titania's tribute buff but there's not much benefit from that.
You can enhance the build for Ferrox alternate fire. Status, multishot, mods are ignored but with warframe abilities you can raise your damage and/or fire rate.

You could technically raise the speed of your mind controlled target by using a speed nova build since Molecular Prime applies a debuff meant to fit enemies, but since it also raises the speed of all the enemies I'm not sure if that really change anything, unless you decide to use Molecular Prime only once so that there's a difference between your target and the newly spawned enemies.

If you do that, make sure to use Molecular Prime first before Mind Control.

There are other ways to make mind control really powerful but they're glitchy, this one is easy to use in comparison.

il y a 3 minutes, 0_The_F00l a dit :

Hmmmm , this should be interesting with the other spearguns too ,

Scourge with its gimmick will also be interesting.

That's true, you can also use it like that, it gives another kind of utility to the mind controlled enemy.
It'd be harder than just giving it Ferrox  and leave it roam for 30 seconds but it sounds great too 😈

1 hour ago, STUVash said:

Yes actually, you can't really buff mind control enemy with most frames. I think it can pick Titania's tribute buff but there's not much benefit from that.
You can enhance the build for Ferrox alternate fire. Status, multishot, mods are ignored but with warframe abilities you can raise your damage and/or fire rate.

You could technically raise the speed of your mind controlled target by using a speed nova build since Molecular Prime applies a debuff meant to fit enemies, but since it also raises the speed of all the enemies I'm not sure if that really change anything, unless you decide to use Molecular Prime only once so that there's a difference between your target and the newly spawned enemies.

If you do that, make sure to use Molecular Prime first before Mind Control.

There are other ways to make mind control really powerful but they're glitchy, this one is easy to use in comparison.

Tether Coil would be fun maybe.  It's not exactly redundant since it pulls fewer targets but has longer range than Ferrox.  (I don't really Vauban though.)

il y a 2 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

Tether Coil would be fun maybe.  It's not exactly redundant since it pulls fewer targets but has longer range than Ferrox.  (I don't really Vauban though.)

It is fun, but you have to place the tether coil at a good spot so that the target's model doesn't obstruct tether coil "vision" of the enemies around.

Seeing Mind Control pop in so often, I got bored and decided to see how far I can take Mind Control damage bonus...

Spoiler

ifuc454.png

Don't ask me how but can it go higher...? yes, but the set up is so tedious, I do it only for the "funi number." 

How long does the target last? 43 seconds.

Does it do damage? threw it on a Heavy gunner around level 40 and it looks like mesa doing her 4, kinda funny. 

Steel Path? like watching paint dry.

7 hours ago, DaMasque said:

Seeing Mind Control pop in so often, I got bored and decided to see how far I can take Mind Control damage bonus...

Reveal hidden contents

ifuc454.png

Don't ask me how but can it go higher...? yes, but the set up is so tedious, I do it only for the "funi number." 

How long does the target last? 43 seconds.

Does it do damage? threw it on a Heavy gunner around level 40 and it looks like mesa doing her 4, kinda funny. 

Don't get me wrong, that's neat, and I'm glad you posted it.

But the cool thing about the Ferrox trick is the MC unit's damage isn't the point.

Le 15/02/2021 à 05:17, Tiltskillet a dit :

Don't get me wrong, that's neat, and I'm glad you posted it.

But the cool thing about the Ferrox trick is the MC unit's damage isn't the point.

Ah well, we can talk about it, it's just not as easy to setup, it's fun too I guess.

Le 14/02/2021 à 21:45, DaMasque a dit :

Agreed, even though I doubt we're using the same method to raise damage considering yours only last 43 seconds but with the way the formula works, it gets harder to raise the bonus damage the more damage you deal.

unknown.png
Wiki says it's 2.5.√damage,  All ways are bound to be tedious with such formula.
So it'd look something like this curve.
Desmos | Graphing Calculator
I pumped our result in there too, as you can see it's tough.

To reach 100k% bonus damage, you'd need to inflict 1.6*10^9 damage

How long does the target last?

It's possible to have infinite time on the mind control of one enemy.
(Although this brings many other problems which are probably even more annoying to deal with than just picking another enemy)

It kills stuff easily but moves too slowly on its own, it's alright for some mission where movement is not needed, like defense.
Ferrox combo on the other hand, it just works right away.

Archived