Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich hunting is undesirable by design

Zeddypanda

I've seen a lot go big idea threads on how to make liches amazing and engaging and whatever, but really all that's needed for me to ever want to fight a second lich is to have lich hunts not actively seperate me from doing other things. Let's go check a few mission types.

Spy: Spy is fine. It's just a spy mission but with liches. I even got Ivara blueprint during lich spy, so doing lich spy instead of regular spy is a no brainer, and instilling the attitude of "why not do a lich?" instead of "why would I ever do a lich?" is where I think liches need to be for most people to give a damn about them.

Excavation: Currently needs 500 cryotic and gives no rewards per dig. Excavation is my favourite mission type after spy and yet I am never doing a lich excavation again. Needs to give normal rewards per dig and reset the thrall cap every 2 or 4 digs. Staying for at least 8 digs should be allowed and encouraged.

Survival: has the same problem as Excavation. Staying for 20 minutes should be allowed, with rewards being dealt out as normal and the thrall cap resetting each 5.

At this point I'm sure you get the idea. Except for spy, rescue, and capture, we have to choose between playing Warframe or hunting liches, and ideally we should be able to do both.

I would also like to be able to do fissures present on lich territory in order to mix those tasks. This would encourage fissures on lich territory instead of discouraging it, as is currently the case. Sure, your lich might steal your reward, but it's still more efficient because you can grind for two things at once.

don't worry in upcoming update you'll have to hunt through railjack missions. so not sure if they will still be tied to normal mission for murmur farming. hopefully not, since only using RJ for final lich hunting will make it boring.

As forming squad will be pointless as it's only beneficial to whoever's lich it is and not the rest of the squad players. also as time goes by you'll find even less players willing to form squad if things are this way. those without any RJ which will be new players who just did TWW quest and got their first lich would be on mercy of others to taxi/carry them.

1 hour ago, Zeddypanda said:

Excavation: Currently needs 500 cryotic and gives no rewards per dig. Excavation is my favourite mission type after spy and yet I am never doing a lich excavation again. Needs to give normal rewards per dig and reset the thrall cap every 2 or 4 digs. Staying for at least 8 digs should be allowed and encouraged.

Survival: has the same problem as Excavation. Staying for 20 minutes should be allowed, with rewards being dealt out as normal and the thrall cap resetting each 5.

... I suspected it might be the case.

They should give their normal rewards as well.

2 hours ago, Dauggie said:

As forming squad will be pointless as it's only beneficial to whoever's lich it is and not the rest of the squad players.

I wouldn't go that far! Everyone in the party who has a lich will get murmurs for thralls, no matter whose thrall it is. Even if you don't have one, you can get requiem relics.

If liches could simply be a "might as well, it'll get me a weapon", rather than "ugh, I don't wanna activate a lich because it's an 8 hour sidequest that gets me nothing else", I would think more people would just always have a lich on the backburner, so to speak. At least I would.

On 2021-03-06 at 3:22 AM, Zeddypanda said:

At this point I'm sure you get the idea. Except for spy, rescue, and capture, we have to choose between playing Warframe or hunting liches, and ideally we should be able to do both.

Extermination, Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Disruption, Hijack, and "standard" Defense all seem fine to me.

I assume you would rather have Defense be given the same treatment as your theoretical Survival rework (which itself is cool) but I actually kinda enjoy the idea of dropping down a cryopod as bait for a squad of thralls, make them come to me for once. And when I've got my order ready I like to save one last Sabotage mission so I can stab the Lich and blow the ship up, a giant Viking funeral for the bastard

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Extermination, Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Disruption, Hijack, and "standard" Defense all seem fine to me.

I'll keep those in mind! I do engage with most of those for Lich hunting, although I've grown incredibly sick of standard defense from when it was the only thing people played back in the days, and just getting a rotation A reward doesn't seem worth it either way.

The viking funeral idea is badass and I'll try it for my next lich, should I ever care to get one.

I'd be a lot happier with Liches

if the Lich Nodes were Not Separated from Normal nodes.

Allow me to hunt my Lich while Simultaneously opening Relics, or Kuva Siphons, or working for my Syndicate, etc.

I hate how at the moment they're totally separate, makes it feel like a chore. Combine them naturally into the rest of the game.

Archived