Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is Railjack Segregation, not Railjack Integration...

HelmetTooTight

I played one Corpus Proxima mission of each kind and I am...underwhelmed. The art is so beautiful and well done, and the revamped Railjack gameplay in itself is improved, but the second half "ground/Away crew" parts are extremely lacking.

There is a very easy test for checking how integrated Railjack is to the mission and that is: "Can I park my railjack 5 km away and still complete the mission?" If the answer is yes (as it is with pretty much all the missions), then Railjack is not integrated.

Putting standard Warframe gameplay (i.e. Defense and Exterminate) into a Railjack mission does not make it integrated. The mission is unfortunately bifurcated into a Railjack section and a Warframe section; everyone is required to exit the Railjack and enter the point of interest and the Railjack literally becomes invincible and nothing else happens. Railjack has no bearing on the latter half of the mission, and vice versa. Even worse, you don't even need to park your Railjack 10 km away, you can park it just outside the enemy ship and nothing bad will happen to it because it's invincible!

The Grineer missions aren't great at integrating Railjack either (and certainly weren't very interesting), but at least if you split into a Railjack team and an Away team you can kinda accelerate the mission. However superficial the interaction between Railjack team blowing up a node and then away team blowing up an internal node, there is at least a sliver of interaction between classical Warframe and Railjack in the Grineer Skirmish missions. This interaction needs to be magnified to truly integrate Railjack.

Let's just take the Exterminate mission for example. Right now, there is no difference between the Railjack version and normal version once you're inside. However, it could be as simple as once one person is inside the enemy ship to begin the Exterminate, enemy crewships start arriving to take back the capital ship. The Railjack crew can cripple these reinforcements from getting to the capital ship, but any that do get through appear as heavy reinforcements that must be exterminated by the Away crew. On the other hand, the Away crew could be killing turret gunners, potential pilots, or crew inside the capital ship, which would in turn reduce the amount of fighter spawns, ramsleds, and turret fire from the capital ship that show up on the Railjack side. If you park your Railjack 5 km away, the capitol ship will still come after it to destroy it, and you'll be faced with heavy reinforcements. Small but meaningful interactions between the Railjack Crew and the Away Crew is what would make Railjack more interesting, rather than segregating it into a Railjack and Warframe portion.

the orphix 2.0 wasn't that great either, it just seems like the regular orphix event mission with a railjack section tacked on the front making it take longer, and with what little experience I had so far also a slower more diluted reward table, I cleared I think over 20 waves so far and didn't see an arcane drop.

Yea, missions in railjack and on ground have to happen simultaniously. The railjack crew having to stop reinforcements is a good idea and I think you could also flip this where the ground team has to disable the torpedo batteries on the capital ship to help out their railjack crew to not take massive damage or something like that.

Simple solution is to make all mission like a "regular grineer railjack" (don't know if they have changed also those).

Enter in map and the mission are marked like objective, but the focus MUST BE ON RAILJACK, cause if i want to play extermination mission i can go on any of the regular star chart extermination, and same for defence an other. Maybe mantain this method just for Orphix, but please, allow people to play simultaneosly RJ and the objective.

22 hours ago, HelmetTooTight said:

Let's just take the Exterminate mission for example. Right now, there is no difference between the Railjack version and normal version once you're inside. However, it could be as simple as once one person is inside the enemy ship to begin the Exterminate, enemy crewships start arriving to take back the capital ship. The Railjack crew can cripple these reinforcements from getting to the capital ship, but any that do get through appear as heavy reinforcements that must be exterminated by the Away crew. On the other hand, the Away crew could be killing turret gunners, potential pilots, or crew inside the capital ship, which would in turn reduce the amount of fighter spawns, ramsleds, and turret fire from the capital ship that show up on the Railjack side. If you park your Railjack 5 km away, the capitol ship will still come after it to destroy it, and you'll be faced with heavy reinforcements. Small but meaningful interactions between the Railjack Crew and the Away Crew is what would make Railjack more interesting, rather than segregating it into a Railjack and Warframe portion.

This is a very good, simple idea.  It follows naturally from skirmish missions, which were fine, just too repetitive.  I don't know who thought the "everyone leave the railjack and it becomes a brick" system would be fun.

We could have a survival mission in which 2 or 3 tenno are inside the ship with cut off life support, and 1 or 2 tenno onboard the RJ defending the ship survival takes place from attacks, and this can last from 5 to 10 minutes, just like regular survival.

Boom!

Archived