Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix mission type should have a re-occuring optional objective.

drsnivy

Currently, people have issues with Corpus proxima not having enough railjack and too much warframe.

An idea/feedback for Orphix mission type railjack objective:

• Have a sentient boss ship (Not crewship, not Murex) target spawn whenever an orphix spawns.
  • This ship is made to be killed without leaving space (Railjack and archwing only).
  • Ship should be fast to kill, but not too fast that the orphix is destroyed before sentient ship is killed.
  • Shoot at sentient ship weakpoints, then Forward artillery similar to crewship would likely be the method to destroy.
  • Ship should be a threat to railjack (So that the railjack can be overwhelmed if player isn't efficient.
  • When this ship is killed, it skips one resonator cycle for the orphix it spawned with. Example: Sentient ship is killed by railjack crew, Orphix on the corpus ship-side takes half it's max health of damage as if all the resonators were destroyed and a necramech fired at it.

If the player is running solo, the sentient ships either shouldn't spawn or should only attack if agro'd (Crew gunners/pilot only target sentient ship if it's agro'd to avoid gunners being a hinderance)

Why this would be good: Orphix was sped up significantly with this update, barely any breaks between orphix. Having an objective for the railjack side to do would not only give railjack an objective, but it'd also increase player efficiency if Railjack and ship team are both doing their part. You'd still be able to solo, it'd just do the normal 2 cycle resonators instead of 1.

Hopefully this post was a nice idea/good feedback.

37 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

What would be cool to see for coop is having the foot team open a hatch or something so RJ crew could forward artillery orphixes when exposed. Could make it feel like the mission has anything to do with Railjack.

That's a good idea too, might require tile changes though.

While this is fun in theory, you have to consider what small teams and solo players would do. One of the major focal points of Railjack 3.0 is AI crews and the ability to run in smaller teams. Creating mandatory simultaneous objectives or else you fail the mission seems very counter-productive. In fact, DE's approach to ground missions seems to be to entirely lock the space layer and switch to ground-only for those sections. I suspect this is done to cut down on the CPU overload which previously required SUCH small numbers of enemies on ground instances.

As with a lot of the TennoCon 2019 promises, reality dictates a lot of extra restrictions that their fake trailer didn't need to account for.

6 hours ago, drsnivy said:

Currently, people have issues with Corpus proxima not having enough railjack and too much warframe.

i have 2 issues.

1. orphix. dont like operators, im on the fence when it comes to necramechs, but i dont like their grind. 

2. corpus tile is too enormous. everytime you get the objective where you have to shoot the disruptor drones, you must travel from the beginning of the ship to the end of the ship repeatedly.

the changes to railjack for the most part i like. even if they are using age old ground missions (we've all been spamming since the beginning), they are for the most part refreshing because its not JUST exterminate, its not JUST defense, stamina is gone (though it should have never been there in the first place), i can play it solo and the ai is ok, they cut back severely on the grind while just making it something you've been doing and are used too which to me makes it even less of a grind. 

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

While this is fun in theory, you have to consider what small teams and solo players would do. One of the major focal points of Railjack 3.0 is AI crews and the ability to run in smaller teams. Creating mandatory simultaneous objectives or else you fail the mission.

I did say it would be an optional objective that lets the railjack crew speed up the ground squad. Solo players (Like me, I play solo) would either decide to squad, wait for friends, or do it solo the way we always do.

This is just giving the railjack/pilot a purpose for a mission type.
It would NOT fail the mission, I proposed that the sentient ships would only agro when attacked or not spawn at all in solo (Although not spawning at all during solo would likely end up causing bugs for squads or solo players, so just attack to agro/activate)
And I also kept in mind that AI gunners are dumb, so making gunners not target the sentient ship until agro'd would prevent failure. Sentient ships also wouldn't spawn until the Orphix are spawning.

I'm merely proposing an idea or concept to make the endless mission types in Railjack actually have a purpose for the railjack, and have some form of teamwork that helps make the grind faster to encourage teamplay, like DE originally wanted.

2 hours ago, drsnivy said:

This is just giving the railjack/pilot a purpose for a mission type.

Something worth considering - the Railjack layer of the mission appears to be entirely suspended for the duration of primary objective indoor instances. Your Railjack is invulnerable and nobody could leave. That seems to be the compromise that DE had to make in order to get Corpus Proxima missions to even work without overloading the host's CPU. I know what they showed during TennoCon 2019, but what they showed there was fake. It didn't have to work on end user PCs, it didn't have to ship. Like Scarlet Spear, the product that actually gets made to work and released is far more restricted than the original pie-in-the-sky dreams.

For technical reasons that Scott Sinclair himself explained during Empyrean launch, you can't have both decent space combat and decent ground combat at the same time. You can have one or the other, but not both. Orphyx Venom gives you decent ground combat, so no decent space combat can occur simultaneously.

Archived