Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you guys think about current solution for Steel Essence drop

D.Watari

Players still can farm SE at a relatively high hour rate while afk. I think it would be better to add SE as an additional rotation reward or quest reward when we finish a steel path quest, steel path trieidolon should also reward SE and so on... The amount rewarded by different kind of quests should be balanced. I think SE should not been designed as an item that drop from any enemies, so that DE could control the hour output rate of SE. Game becomes boring when you find everybody is looking for SE Farm in chat. How do you think about it? 

28 minutes ago, WanderingZhang said:

quest reward when we finish a steel path quest

Does this count alerts? SP alerts reward essence.

28 minutes ago, WanderingZhang said:

steel path trieidolon should also reward SE and so on...

They do - though it's just one per kill / capture.

Essence is rewarded:

• 1 from Eidolons
  • 2 from Acolytes
  • 3 from Steel Path alerts
  • 25 per planet cleared

And, as far as I know and can tell, they are no longer random drops from enemies. Those seem to have been replaced with Riven slivers on Eximus units.

I don't think it's a bad idea in principle - though maybe numbers could be tweaked upward a tiny amount...? Admittedly I don't invest a ton in the essence shop so...

13 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Essence is rewarded:

• 1 from Eidolons
  • 2 from Acolytes
  • 25 per planet cleared

And, as far as I know and can tell, they are no longer random drops from enemies. Those seem to have been replaced with Riven slivers on Eximus units.

I don't think it's a bad idea in principle - though maybe numbers could be tweaked upward a tiny amount...? Admittedly I don't invest a ton in the essence shop so...

One clarification. Riven Slivers have always been a steel path drop from eximus units. I farmed a few hundred of them prior to the changes to essence going live.

1 hour ago, WanderingZhang said:

Players still can farm SE at a relatively high hour rate while afk. I think it would be better to add SE as an additional rotation reward or quest reward when we finish a steel path quest, steel path trieidolon should also reward SE and so on... The amount rewarded by different kind of quests should be balanced. I think SE should not been designed as an item that drop from any enemies, so that DE could control the hour output rate of SE. Game becomes boring when you find everybody is looking for SE Farm in chat. How do you think about it? 

Stockpiles of thousands of SE were easily farmed before the change. There's no need to shaft the newcomers any harder than they've already been shafted of SE.

42 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

One clarification. Riven Slivers have always been a steel path drop from eximus units. I farmed a few hundred of them prior to the changes to essence going live.

Touche - only really got into SP after the essence changes so I didn't know. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as it is, the way to get Steel Essense is pretty boring. you don't do anything, you just wait around.

i would prefer something that i do over something i wait for. i want more to do in Gameplay, not less.

This is how I feel about basically the entire game. There are so many fun things that I really enjoy: Fighting acolytes in steel path, fighting Liches (especially rank 5), fighting enemy necramechs, etc... These things are all really fun, but each requires a boring waiting period before I'm allowed to do it :( 

I don't even care about the rewards, just let me do the fun stuff DE!

9小时前 , taiiat 说:

as it is, the way to get Steel Essense is pretty boring. you don't do anything, you just wait around.

i would prefer something that i do over something i wait for. i want more to do in Gameplay, not less.

I agree, it's just not feel right when you farm something by just wait rather than do and get rewards. 

10小时前 , Tyreaus 说:

Essence is rewarded:

• 1 from Eidolons
  • 2 from Acolytes
  • 25 per planet cleared

When we consider about SP alerts, it only grant 15 SE per day, players are able to get much more of it with resource booster or even SMEETA buffs in short time. The SP quest are more like a new type of nightmare quest for me, where nightmare quests rewards mods but SP alerts rewards SE. To be honest, I almost never played SP alerts since it published, because it's less attractive to me. 

For those quests without SP alters, I don't figure out a reason that we play it when those quests grants the same rewards as normal ones. Players will at least be more willing to play a SP quest if SE is rewarded as additional rotation rewards, 1 or 2 for each time, or at the end of those quests.

As to the emenies, I mean Mania, Violence etc. I think SE drops should based on quests but not enemy units. I would highly appriciate it if we could open relics in SP quests and SE as additional rewards, so that players could earn some SE in their daily play.

The best thing I've ever exprienced in this game is that, I find my resources accumulated in my daily play. Stuffs in my inventory when I need it. I do need to farm some of those resources, but it would not take too long. However, when it comes to SE case, it is more like endless. 

Archived