Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Crew AI for pilot and gunner needs overhaul.

UilliamNebel

Pilot AI has one very glaring issue. They never come about to take the dominant position on a crewship to make using the artillery viable. I.E. out the hatch in an archwing to deal with that hassle. I get it, AI is really, really not one of DE's strengths. But this is a much needed QoL off the bat to make RJ AI crews add to, not crutch, the solo experience. Because to be honest, the piss poor away set ups with nullifiers and shield strippers at every turn already makes the solo game experience a pain grind there.

Leads into gunner, needs to shoot at RJ objectives, as they emerge, when player finishes an away objective. Sucks to have to hop out on a Archwing, and shoot radiator pylons, every time. Really shows that the crew AI was more a door stop effort in some respects, to do a bare minimal functionality, rather than a game experience adding to feature.

I've been thinking the Pilot should be able to follow a target designated by a waypoint.

I dont mean perfectly stick behind them, but just follow them closely enough to keep it in the firing arc of Forward Artillery at all times.

Nothing worse than doing a Volatile mission solo, lining up the shot on the secondary reactor at the end just to have the AI pilot come and yank the helm hard to port just as your about to fire.

I think they are great.. I solo everything and now with my own crew we can cruise through Veil missions nicely.. Pilot will follow me when im in archwing, gunners giving me protection.. lifes good.. I dont want them to do everything.. they are a helping hand, especially when they are engineers to repair stuff. And if any boarders come on man they smash them .. yep happy with the AI crews work load.

Archived