Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Type FUSE to confirm

Zeddypanda

This is a pain when you're on a controller. You return from railjack missions with well over a dozen parts. I happen to have my keyboard in front of me right now, but that's not always a guarantee.

Are we not supposed to engage with Railjack a lot? Cause this is how you make gamepad/console players not engage with Railjack a lot.

I'm still not sure why this is even the case. DE implemented "type X to fuse" for Valence Fusion of Lich weapons initially. It sort of made sense since a Lich weapon is a rather substantial investment and we aren't going to be fusing too many of those. I leave any random Railjack mission with half a dozen Zetki weapons and a few components these days. It hardly seems important enough to merit the extra security check. It's trivial on M&K, but I can imagine it being a pain with a gameplad, for something that happens relatively frequently when first building up a Railjack arsenal.

Wow. Serious first world problems if a security check is troublesome. I mean how do you filter relics when farming for a specific set? Typing. Same for mods and so on. So I suggest try to ensure your keyboard is always there that solves a nonexistent problem much easier. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Steel_Rook:

I'm still not sure why this is even the case. DE implemented "type X to fuse" for Valence Fusion of Lich weapons initially. It sort of made sense since a Lich weapon is a rather substantial investment and we aren't going to be fusing too many of those. I leave any random Railjack mission with half a dozen Zetki weapons and a few components these days. It hardly seems important enough to merit the extra security check. It's trivial on M&K, but I can imagine it being a pain with a gameplad, for something that happens relatively frequently when first building up a Railjack arsenal.

Because not everyone wants a Zetki for everything. Sometimes you want a Vidar weapon as the performance without the additional heat might be better and then of course engines and reactor. And given that the chances are okay but also not that great a simple security check does not hurt anyone. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

Because not everyone wants a Zetki for everything. Sometimes you want a Vidar weapon as the performance without the additional heat might be better and then of course engines and reactor. And given that the chances are okay but also not that great a simple security check does not hurt anyone. 

Have you been in a situation where you accidentally used Valence Fusion on the wrong item and would have clicked OK without thinking but wouldn't have typed "fuse" without thinking? Because I can tell you from experience - I trashed one of my 6-forma Kuva weapons on accident, and typing "fuse" didn't really make a difference. Once you do it enough times, a security check is indistinguishable from a confirmation clickthrough.

No since I pay attention when doing it. The double check is simply an alert clock in case you are not sure what you are up to and adds an additional chance to reconsider. And these seconds won't hurt anyone whereas removing it make people more likely to fusion mistakes. 

Are there places where you'd want to add more typing that serves the role of a button? Maybe type "FORGE" to craft things? "BARO" to sell primes for ducats (a far more destructive and harder to reverse operation)?

If this prompt didn't exist, would you ask for it?

21 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Have you been in a situation where you accidentally used Valence Fusion on the wrong item and would have clicked OK without thinking but wouldn't have typed "fuse" without thinking? Because I can tell you from experience - I trashed one of my 6-forma Kuva weapons on accident, and typing "fuse" didn't really make a difference. Once you do it enough times, a security check is indistinguishable from a confirmation clickthrough.

yes, fuse actually saved me once.

however i could have the same result with a long press x for example and i would be good with that as well.

2 hours ago, emperor_kk said:

yes, fuse actually saved me once.

however i could have the same result with a long press x for example and i would be good with that as well.

Right, that's precisely what I was getting at. An additional prompt is fine. I'm just not convinced that typing in a word is uniquely more useful than any other kind of additional prompt :) I suspect a long button hold would be easier on console and inert on PC. *edit* I'd actually argue that a long hold is MORE effective than typing. For me personally, I'm fully capable of absent-mindedly performing complex actions out of habit without thinking about them. Having to sit there and watch a bar, however, is more likely to make me actually think about what I'm doing.

I used to accidentally stab Kiva Larvlings out of habit quite a bit before those changes. I've not had an incident since they turned it into a long hold, because it's more than enough time to startle me and make me actually think about what I'm doing.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Zeddypanda:

Are there places where you'd want to add more typing that serves the role of a button? Maybe type "FORGE" to craft things? "BARO" to sell primes for ducats (a far more destructive and harder to reverse operation)?

If this prompt didn't exist, would you ask for it?

No I personally don't need the type check but it also does not hurt me. I just don't get what's so damn hard to type four letters. It's not like type FUSE is some kind of core gameplay which occupies everyone every few moments. And it has it's uses for some folks. 

Archived