Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drones not spawning in "Seek and destroy corpus drones" - Fortuna Bounty

Cptn_Peanut

I have had it happening that i have got this bounty as a 3-man squad and that we would need to kill 75 corpus drones. Problem is, they are just NOT spawning. Almost nothing is spawning at all. I have so far lost multiple bounties because the time ran out with about 15/75 corpus drones killed.

Is this happening for anyone else? It it possible to fix this?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day :)

Tbh, a lot of missions on Fortuna and PoE feel bugged and/or unbalanced.

-Seek and Destroy missions offer too few/too hidden enemies (both)

-Area Defense Areas too big (Plains)

-Assassinations often don't get you enough enemies to lure out the target in one minute (Plains)

-Drone Defense in Orb Vallis often takes longer than necessary, because no enemies spawn (Fortuna)

-The Drone on the plains stops when you change to your Operator (Plains)

-Care Package Destruction often spawns not enough enemies for the bonus (Plains)

-Eidolons often create bugs, that make more runs in one night impossible (Plains)

-Sometimes, when going for the bonus on enemy capture, an enemy just dies and you're voided out 

This kind of stuff is even more painful to see if you take in consideration how much better they managed Deimos...

2 hours ago, Cptn_Peanut said:

I have had it happening that i have got this bounty as a 3-man squad and that we would need to kill 75 corpus drones. Problem is, they are just NOT spawning. Almost nothing is spawning at all. I have so far lost multiple bounties because the time ran out with about 15/75 corpus drones killed.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day :)

1 hour ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Tbh, a lot of missions on Fortuna and PoE feel bugged and/or unbalanced.

-Seek and Destroy missions offer too few/too hidden enemies (both)

-Area Defense Areas too big (Plains)

-Assassinations often don't get you enough enemies to lure out the target in one minute (Plains)

-Drone Defense in Orb Vallis often takes longer than necessary, because no enemies spawn (Fortuna)

-The Drone on the plains stops when you change to your Operator (Plains)

-Care Package Destruction often spawns not enough enemies for the bonus (Plains)

-Sometimes, when going for the bonus on enemy capture, an enemy just dies and you're voided out 

This kind of stuff is even more painful to see if you take in consideration how much better they managed Deimos...

Do this happen solo as well? I've played few Fortuna and POE bounties recently and except those 2 bolded I hadn't got any big problems.

These missions become a problem when solo, back when I grinded it I always did so in a 2-man party where one of us would "hold" the mission area while the other went around looking for mobs.

Warframe is really bad a repositioning already spawned mobs so you often end up with nothing inside the mission area, usually find plenty of already spawned mobs in other areas when this happens though.

Similar issue in survival if you move around, mobs get stuck several rooms away leaving you with only a few stray spawns.

Wish Warframe had Killing Floor 2 level aggressiveness on mob repositioning, that game is ruthless at keeping mobs in your face 😎

On 2021-04-03 at 2:56 PM, Cptn_Peanut said:

I think this happens because Warframe can only handle a very limited number of enemies at once. In regular tilesets you'll often see enemies you left behind on earlier tiles spawn in new areas as the game tries to keep it feeling populated.

So on an Exterminate where you kill 150 enemies there will never have been more than about 20 at any one time, just spawned close to you so the level feels full. This is also why relic Survival breaks if one player runs off to a different tile and all the Corrupted spawn near them instead of you.

On the plains (and Railjack) I think this is a little harder for the game to manage. You can see much further and it really struggles to despawn/move enemies.

I think these broken open world missions happen because:

- the game spawns a bunch of enemies where you are.

- you rapidly archwing to the new objective location.

- there's no enemy-quota left to spawn the number you need to kill.

- the game still thinks the enemies near your previous location are active (or maybe they are with another player) and so can't despawn them.

Ideally the game should just spawn more enemies, but I think if that was easy they wouldn't have clunky awfulness like friendship doors.

What I think they should do is just forcibly despawn all enemies outside of a bounty area when an enemy kill count is required.

This would definitely break immersion sometimes - it would feel crappy to suddenly have a pitched battle disappear around you, but I think that's preferable to these broken bounties that just time out with not enough enemies.

Archived