Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

helminth ensnare

(PSN)dracoromanov112

Question

3 answers to this question

Any frame that has a mediocre ability that you can replace and that lacks a good CC ability. Ensare brings enemies close together allowing you to melee them for instance so look at something that can amplify damage vs a group of stacked enemies. Best abilities that have small AoE, but can be very potent.

The ability itself already has a decent range and duration by default. However I'd prioritize frames which tick one or both of these boxes:

• Has increased stats on duration, range or both;
  • Lacks crowd control;
  • Could use some added survivability;
  • Benefits from having all enemies grouped up.

As an example, Grendel comes to mind. Having all enemies on one spot eases the use of his 1st. Valkyr too, as she'd benefit from a melee bonanza with all enemies grouped up. And Zephyr, Ash, Ember, Hydroid, and so on.

Now, whether Ensnare is the best possible ability you could add to such frames, that's entirely another debate. I will state, however, that I do usually prefer Ensnare over Larva.

i just subsumed ensnare last week. after reading how everyone loves it...i find it pretty underwhelming. its kinda slow, you need a target to cast on...i mean...it works...but its nowhere near as useful as i had hoped it would be. the main issue is how slow it is.

is it better than larva? sure? i guess? but only because larva was nerfed into the ground and doesnt really work well at all. otherwise larva would be way better.

i think a much better utility subsume is pull with the greedy pull augment. it has some cc, some damage, some grouping, and it grabs everything in the area so you dont have to run around looking for it. this means a constant supply of energy, health, ammo...reactant....anything you can grab with vacuum/fetch from 10 meters away...you can grab with pull from 50 meters away.

Archived