Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for Railjack

Inari_Yuki

I like Warframe a lot as well as some other space games. X4 foundations is one of my favorite since it is deep and has a steep learning curve.

Boarding operations in this game came into my mind so I "copy" some of the concepts as my suggestions for the Railjack missions.

In a Corpus exterminate mission you disable side objectives like a carrier platform or a freight linker that would be OK.

But why the jamming drone and mobile defense thing? Why not use the railjack to hack the platform instead?

One of the hacking crew has to play a minigame constantly while the other crew slingshot into the objective.

If you don't hack it. it will start firing at the Railjack and the boarding arkwing.

In the mean time the captain of the railjack can destroy the surface elements of the objective via turrets.

Boarding crew will be on a sabotage mission from the inside.

Or you can just blow up the entire platform using the big gun but the reward would be less than disabling it.

And the capitol ship; in X4 we have to disable the turret and engines first or the boarding pods would be destroyed by the turrets and the ship would get away.

A capitol ship is huge comparing to our Railjack. It can kill us almost instantly so we can't just get close to it doing nothing.

Remember the objective we just disabled? We can use it as a cyberattack hub which gives us another reason not to blow it up.

We will need three cyberattack hub in total to disable the capitol ship's shield and turrets.

A hub can be a crew ship, a carrier platform, an ice mine or a freight linker.

After all of the above are done, start strafing at the capitol ship's surface element especially the turrets and engines so we can board it.

It you don't, the capitol ship can warp away which leads to a mission failure.

Inside the capitol ship you kill the captain, the engineers, the high rank officers and so on. You can ask those poor Corpus crews to abandon ship or just kill them all.

Or just blow up the ship. Choice is yours.

If you successfully captured a capitol ship, you can sell it to the Grineer for credits, scrap it for resources or just donate it to the syndicates for faction standing, profitssssss.

Or you can just drag the ship to your dojo for cosmetics.

What do you guys think? Leave a comment below :P

This would be cool and would be a interesting concept ,

But I doubt it will happen, Cause DE doesn't really want the game (railjack) to be engaging and fun ( by itself) requiring co ordination to succeed.

They want it to be frustrating and repeatable with frequent migraines,

where any new railjack content is purely a taxi for regular missions.

Also suggest to post this in feedback.

8分鐘前 , 0_The_F00l 說:

This would be cool and would be a interesting concept ,

But I doubt it will happen, Cause DE doesn't really want the game (railjack) to be engaging and fun ( by itself) requiring co ordination to succeed.

They want it to be frustrating and repeatable with frequent migraines,

where any new railjack content is purely a taxi for regular missions.

Also suggest to post this in feedback.

That's another reason I posted it here.

5分鐘前 , Aesthier 說:

Should post this in the suggestion forums if you honestly want it to have a chance at being implemented.

General forums results in nothing.

The reason I posted it here is I don't know if this is a good concept.

Maybe someone can refine this before I do something hasty.

While I would love to see “Railjack vs Galleon” battle mission... It wouldn’t be stupid gameplay wise. It would be game in one gate because (Surprise!) Railjack is immortal! Even Warframes aren’t.

There really nothing that can make this battle engaging, because you can just afk and let 2 gunners and 1 engineer do the mission in solo. Restriction to make it coop only would be very stupid aswell, because playing RJ in coop is very unpleasant experience for low-spec PCs (And overall bug-wise).

P.S. In terms of your idea. It sounds nice, but overall doesn’t really change core gameplay much outside of giving us choices what to do, imo.

10分鐘前 , SpiritTeA 說:

While I would love to see “Railjack vs Galleon” battle mission... It wouldn’t be stupid gameplay wise. It would be game in one gate because (Surprise!) Railjack is immortal! Even Warframes aren’t.

There really nothing that can make this battle engaging, because you can just afk and let 2 gunners and 1 engineer do the mission in solo. Restriction to make it coop only would be very stupid aswell, because playing RJ in coop is very unpleasant experience for low-spec PCs (And overall bug-wise).

P.S. In terms of your idea. It sounds nice, but overall doesn’t really change core gameplay much outside of giving us choices what to do, imo.

This concept can apply to any other faction including Grineer and Sentient (Maybe?).

As for the solo players. Maybe let the engineer do the hacking and the pilot strafing.

Or the players can do the strafing themselves after the boarding sabotage mission.

The three hacking hub can be done in one person, too.

Choices? Actually in X4 combat, you either blow up the enemy ship or capture it. There weren't many choices in a specialized space sim, either.

Maybe there were multiple ships roaming in s star sector and you have to track down one of them?

Archived