Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2FA - YubiKey

psycedelic

Hey!

Would it be a possibility in near future to add better 2FA to the webpage in form of yubikey option?
Not sure how the current 2FA works but i barly see it send me any code to my mail or anything (it could be top notch protection)

Anyways just me randomly thinking :)

It's true it would be useful, I've seen that in Star Wars: The Old Republic where 2FA makes it so you need a 30-second code that you can find on your phone. It is indeed very helpful for security and I'm pretty sure a lot of games use the same system.

A lot of accounts get banned because they get hacked even with 2FA on, so I suggest DE makes the security tighter on that one.

Not with YubiKey though, I suggest using Google Auth. Or at least, that's what I'd use.

23 hours ago, Corvid said:

As someone who doesn't have a compatible phone, and has subsequently been permanently locked out of my own Twitch account, no thanks.

but more options would be awesome.
Yubikey is hardware authenticator. "hard token"
Authy is avaible as desktop app (and it works for all pages im pretty sure) "soft token"

On 2021-04-28 at 3:51 AM, ismellpestilence said:

A lot of accounts get banned because they get hacked even with 2FA on, so I suggest DE makes the security tighter on that one.

The 2FA in wf is quite strong, the hacked accounts needs to have also access to the mail, if someone uses the same password on the game and the mail (and the mail without 2fa) isn't sonething on DE side to fix... Its a layer 8 issue.

Archived