Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Warframe Sux

Voltix

First if all, his freeze in only good in solo because in multiplayer, other players just shoot the enemies

Second of all, his ice wave loses effectiveness after level 40 mobs.

Third of all, his only good move is snow globe, its like the bread an butter of Frost

Finally, avalanche loses effectiveness after level 40 mobs as well

So in conclusion, Frost sucks at life.

aside from fact that hes tough enough to actualy pass on redirection+vitality combo and can do fine at any lvl without any D mods.[or just vigor]

[thus making more space for some modding variety.] 

Frost is not the most broken frame.

Edited by PiotrGracz

Honestly, Frost's abilities (and maybe just freezing damage in general) should apply an armor debuff along with the slowing effects of chilling something.

Think about it, if something is damn near frozen, it becomes fairly brittle and easy to damage. Maybe just make the debuff effect melee weapons, and certain "physical" guns like Miter.

That could add some nice synergy for melee, and make Frost a nice melee frame.

"omg I got a new warfrm, im so rdy 2 giv feedbak and tel ppl it suks, needs buf, omg omg"

-Your thread in my eyes.

But seriously...kiddo, exploring the frame does not mean building it. It needs time, resources, a potato, a few forma and again, invested time to shine.

Do all that and you'll have all rights to complain about him.

Far as I can see, you did not do any of this. An offensive Frost is pretty useful.

He was one of the best frames once, but since the enemies got all leveld up'd, he lost effectiveness and is now only viable in defense missions against ranged mobs.

I think his frost wave should be buffed to 50% physical impact and to 50% ice damage, so that he has a certain armor-ignore and the ice damage.

His 1 is the most useless at the moment it needs a heavy buff, i would suggest to make it like thate "snapfreeze" ability of the N7 Paladin in Mass Effect 3, a frost sprach that does medium dmage and freezes enemies solid, applying a debuff on them.

I have no idea how his 4 could be buffed atm, but its low-damage, so I thing a bit of AP would fit.

In general wait till armor 2.0 and lets see then.

PS: Have you ever heard of constructive and destructive critic? Yours is surely destructive.

frost needs work the way many frames do, the main problem is dmg scaling and how snow globe is too powerful

my ideas:

freeze - freezes one target solid for 5/10/15/20 secs, this is NOT broken by dmg, destroys targets shields (if any), also slows main target and any others in a small aoe for 5/10/15/20% atkspd/movspd, same duration

ice wave - all targets hit by ice wave lose shields permanently, all targets hit are also ragdolled and knocked to the sides left/right as the wave moves, all targets hit slowed by 5/10/15/20% atkspd/movspd for 5/10/15/20 secs

snow globe - globe no longer blocks projectiles, but reduces dmg taken while inside the sphere by 20/40/60/80% (not enhanceable), globe also slows all enemies inside sphere by 10/20/30/40% atkspd/movspd

avalanche - functionally identical to my freeze revamp but massive aoe and with an additional dmg component

all of frosts abilities now have utilitarian function (slows/kb/freeze) and he is no longer the snow globe one trick pony

While adding an AP component to Avalanche would be a pretty good idea (as Rhino Stomp puts it to shame as it is) I disagree that Frostwave is that bad.

It adds freeze damage to a whole bunch of enemies, slowing them to a crawl. Great crowdcontrol (although a Soma or Hek with a cryo component could do the same thing I guess).

Maybe just drop the animation time or add some forcefield damage to knock opponents back.

He was one of the best frames once, but since the enemies got all leveld up'd, he lost effectiveness and is now only viable in defense missions against ranged mobs.

I think his frost wave should be buffed to 50% physical impact and to 50% ice damage, so that he has a certain armor-ignore and the ice damage.

His 1 is the most useless at the moment it needs a heavy buff, i would suggest to make it like thate "snapfreeze" ability of the N7 Paladin in Mass Effect 3, a frost sprach that does medium dmage and freezes enemies solid, applying a debuff on them.

I have no idea how his 4 could be buffed atm, but its low-damage, so I thing a bit of AP would fit.

In general wait till armor 2.0 and lets see then.

PS: Have you ever heard of constructive and destructive critic? Yours is surely destructive.

<3 mass effect reference snap freeze was pretty amazing but i do like the idea of that because freeze seems like a pretty useless power and i know due to my experience with both frost and frost prime with frost as my most played frame and my 2nd frame when i started and i can safely say that frost either needs a damage buff on all of his offensive powers and either tweaking for freeze to completely remove shields or to swap it out to a power similar to mass effect 3's snap freeze

Edited by DiddlyMcGee

Hey, that's a lot of fun. You take a small globe, a heavy melee weapon and a nice crossroad with lots of passing infested and after a short while all the pent-up stress is gone.

I know exactly what you mean. Except I like my Dual Ether, not any heavy melee

well,im more of a attacker than prottector but still,frost is a good frame if you master it,i touhgt frost sucks too.until i masterd him,now frost is my defense frame and i kinda like him,but i will always hate the ultrasonic speed he have..

Yesterday I played with an awesome frost in a defense mission on pluto : as he was aware that Frost wasn't an offensive warframe he put all his mods to optimise his snow globe AND avalanche. 

The snow globe was giant and the avalanche's aoe too, and enemies got frozen for loooong time when he used it ! 

It's only about right mods at the right places.

I've never seen a Narcissus mission being that easy before.

And in a world without Frost:

Yesterday I played with an awesome Volt in a defense mission on pluto : as he was aware that Volt wasn't an offensive warframe he put all his mods to optimise his electric shield AND overload

The electric shield was giant and the overload's aoe too, and enemies got shocked for loooong time when he used it ! 

It's only about right mods at the right places.

I've never seen a Narcissus mission being that easy before.

Just sayin...a single ability that is really good in specific situations doesn't make a Warframe great.

Edited by Helljack84

Honestly, Frost's abilities (and maybe just freezing damage in general) should apply an armor debuff along with the slowing effects of chilling something.

Think about it, if something is damn near frozen, it becomes fairly brittle and easy to damage. Maybe just make the debuff effect melee weapons, and certain "physical" guns like Miter.

That could add some nice synergy for melee, and make Frost a nice melee frame.

U my friend have just made frost epic