Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PunchThru on Beams, vs Projectiles, Inconsistency

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

It occurs to me, that Punchthru and how it gets handled is a little inconsistent.

On a Chaining/Splitting beam weapon (like Amprex, Kuva Nukor), each enemy punched thru triggers a beam split. making for great AoE effects with punchthru.

On an exploding projectile weapon (like chakkur, sporothrix, ogris, zhuge prime, etc), only the last place the projectile lands triggers the AoE effect. making punchthru bad for these.

Given how OP continuous beams are atm vs projectile guns, seems a little unbalanced that punchthru effects only make the discrepancy worse.

Wouldn't it be nice if Projectile weapons had the same benefits as beams when it comes to punchthru? let each enemy it passes thru trigger an explosion?

that or nerf the beam splitters for consistency... but nerfs suck, I'd rather see projectiles get buffed.

Considering the AOE weapons that have restrictions related to punchthrough are already very powerful I would say it is not necessary to boost their power.

Additionally, the beam weapons that benefit from punch through, with the exception of nukor, are not wildly powerful compared to other weapons. This is not something that I believe should be altered.

On 2021-05-05 at 4:55 AM, (XBOX)Helverin said:

Punch through on AoE weapons would be way to overpowered. Think of an Ogris triggering a 12m explosion for every Boi hit in its path with Nightwatch Napalm. Or a Bramma dropping carpet bombs on each hit. 

Sounds good to me, then maybe they'll be just as viable as Melee

Archived