Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic drop rates are atrocious for specific ones, eg. Neo V10

Tubercle1801

Dear DE, 

As usual, I call foul on your published drop tables.... 4 hours of running Ur disruption of what has to be 10 separate games, each with at least 4-10 rounds so a conservative count of 40 counts. How could I not get a single Neo V10?

I get that drop rates are set to encourage plat purchases but how is it possible that they are so bloody discordant from published drop rates.. We are talking about 11% or so for Neo V10 for each round (and yes we defended all 4 consoles per round so every round has a chance for Neo V10 according to your table). Which is more likely, that your drop tables are totally wrong, the RNG seed is shoddily programmed or I just have the incredible luck of rolling the same 6 stupid relics in all the games out of a possible of 7. We are talking 0 our of what has to be 40-120 independent rolls... how is that approaching a normal distribution. AND THIS IS FOR THE RELICS! WE HAVEN'T EVEN GONE TO HOW ATROCIOUS THE VOLNUS PRIME HANDLE DROPS.

Honestly, the only conclusion I can draw is that there is a decimal error in the tables for neo V10 for which it is possible that it was an error (not holding my breath) or you muppets deliberately dropped it out (admittedly, some tin foil hat time here). Sure, we can address that 100 counts is not sufficient to compare to the drop rate of 15% but do tell me how that makes your case any more probable with 0 of those relics being dropped which we got the other 6 of the 7 listed, even the 'amazingly wonderful' universal medallion (3 drops total). 

No, the drop chances specified are fairly consistent, however the way RNG works in Warframe is not deterministic and by that notion alone you can end up with consecutive strings that are *not* in your favor. That said, are you farming the relics solo or in a group? I farmed Neo V10s on Kappa, on my own, for two people. In ~6h I had about 10-12 relics. If you are on your own, just do the standard 4->3->2->1 ad infinitum rota to speed up the process. Past wave 4, you only need to defend 1 conduit on Ur or Kappa to guarantee Rotation B reward. You can easily do ~20 conduits in an hour (or a bit over it).

Another option, if you wanna break this up, is to hit Hydron for 10 waves. With a room clearing frame you can easily get 2 rotation A rewards in ~7-8minutes (goes even faster if you do/group it with Speed Nova), just keep in mind that the odds are a bit worse than Rotation B pool of Ur/Kappa due to the larger pool of rewards on Hydron's Rotation A.

Neither of this is going to directly solve the raw deal that Warframe's RNG can serve you, but it is hopefully going to assist you in some fashion, as I know the struggle (I end up solo farming most of my keys and often farm the keys for multiple people)

I can accept that it is just bad RNG but the improbability of it is what gets me. And yes these are public group runs with multiple people. Presumably the console defense only affects the tier of the drops but given that we were fairly certain that each run is supposed to have a chance of a drop. Getting zero is downright improbable. Especially the reported 15% and the fact it was over 100 rounds. 

I have also broken my sessions with other missions then returning. Same outcome with zero drops. I picked Ur because it has the highest reported drop rates but if this is already so bad what makes you think running elsewhere is going to help you out?

And @Phatose, 40 is the low end of rounds, assuming I only did 4 rounds per run of 10 runs. The actual number is higher.

@Phatose. This is disruption we are talking about. Defending 4 consoles from round 1, your loot is already from rotation b. Moving forward, all drops are either from rotation b or c meaning you have a 15% chance of getting neo v10 each round. And I did on average 5-6 rounds per game of what I think are 10 games or so. 

The Wiki says defending 4 consoles gets you B for rounds 1 and 2, and C afterward.  So if you did 6 rounds every time for 10 games, you get 40 rolls on table C, since the first two rounds of every game give at best table B. 

1 hour ago, Tubercle1801 said:

@Phatose. Correct but notice b and c drops both have neo v10 and are almost identical aside from the addition of universal medallion?

Ah, I missed that.  You are correct.  That takes it to 50 rolls, which gives a .068% chance.  Not completely beyond the realm of plausibility, but definitely getting unlikely enough that it's reasonable to bring up.

Wait, no, that's 60 rolls.......either you're the unluckiest guy around, or there is something broken here.

• 3 months later...

Archived